Pages:
Author

Topic: Eth founder says crypto could go to zero anytime - page 3. (Read 715 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/02/19/ethereum-creator-vitalik-buterin-warns-about-cryptocurrency-investment.html

It's not a doom and gloom forecast it's just a realization. Just don't go overboard throwing money at things

I don't think it is possible. Even if the market crashes, it is not possible to crash to zero but maybe near zero. But if that happens, I think those who are new to bitcoin will take that oppotunity to buy more. And those who do have bitcoin will probably ragequit.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
why look at Tezos, they have a forced KYC swap now!!! Meaning the old tezos will in fact be worth nothing after awhile.

Alot of coins have gone through swaps or hard forks of some sort; the old versions may become worthless but that does not mean the investors lose money. Tongue
Activity: 33
I do not know what he meant. Perhaps this is a warning that you can not invest in cryptocurrency all in. Or he seems to be reduced of responsibility for the fact that Ethereum can not exceed 900 dollars now a days. But such huge statements from the founder of one of the largest platforms is simply horror. He does not believe in his work? I do not understand.
Activity: 260
Merit: 10
I don’t believe him, nobody cannot stop crypto at this time already, even if somebody would willingly go and try to stop it, I think, he wont succeed, because of the decentralized system and blockchain technology, crypto is unstopable.
Activity: 95
Which of ethereum founder said that, i think that is all lies. Crypto is not going down, i cant see the sign coming
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
All crypto can be go to zero anytimes if all trader doing sell and no body buy it,  but this is can be happen if that crypto does not have benefits and everybody left it, but now blockchain technology keep growth to be much better and give more benefits to the community and ETH for sure will be bigger.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
The article is about being aware and being cautious on investment in cryptocurrencies because of its high volatility and since it's still a new type of investments there are people who could used it to steal your money by making a scam project.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/02/19/ethereum-creator-vitalik-buterin-warns-about-cryptocurrency-investment.html

It's not a doom and gloom forecast it's just a realization. Just don't go overboard throwing money at things

If you checked the data of this news you will find out that it is wrote 4 month before. i crypto market all think is possible but i do not think so because too many people sold thir house and bought BTC and other ALTs
Activity: 32
like every investments cryptos are risky!!
theoretically everything could go from stars to zero in no time.
Activity: 749
Merit: 507
It's very unlikely. Crypto currencies will become the new norm and fiat money will slowly die. You can't block technology, you need to be open for new things. Sure his warning is not a bad thing, you should not go %100 in crypto but you need to invest as much as possible for future gains.
Activity: 471
QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
Let's just pray and hope that the worst does not happen. I think he's trying to caution people not to go all in Cryptos which is a very candid advise because there is possibility to incur significant loss of capital
Activity: 722
Merit: 258
He didn't say anything terrible.The most important thing from the article is to take what he said, ,,cryptocurrencies are a new class of assets,,The very essence of the proposal suggests that 0 can not be
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
If the truth of the ETH could be zero at any time, as the ETH founder warned, the ETH would probably continue to fall. Despite this news from February 2018, it still has a high impact on investors' sentiment at the moment when the exchange rate is regularly decreasing, the current ETH exchange rates are only $ 400.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
Cryptocurrency will not become zero, maybe the price will decrease but not zero because even until now they have a lot of people who are still love and sypport crypto. Better to instead of spreading bad news or negative just keep quiet. If crypto become zero the affected also is the ethereum I don't know why the eth founder say that is that true?
Activity: 470
Merit: 12
This is a thing everybody should remember when they are trying to invest into assets, especially crypto. Most of the coins have been driven just by speculation and therefore there is a huge risk. It seems like the most of the people feel safe when they are giving their money to various projects, but we know that a lot of them will not make it through the first year of their existence. A majority will be surprised when their money will vanish even though they have made the greatest decision they were capable of doing. Well, eventually some will lose and some will make a profit.
Activity: 119
That is him being truthful and honest and I really appreciate his honesty. Don't your all on crypto. Some even go as far as selling their property...it is not nice.. Don't be greedy.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
Look, mateys  Grin

Vitalik does not want to get his ass sued. He is just smart and used a verbal disclaimer, so now, if ETH does go down the drain, no one can sue him for promoting it.

As an alien, he does not care about Earth $$$ anyways  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
If i'm not mistaken even btc founder said that. What he said is just a possibility that might happen along the way but I think this case is nearly impossible. Look, the market have grown, more popular, more investors, and others that can make the price don't go back to zero.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
It only will happen when people lost interest in cryptocurrency or when the internet gets shut down. Otherwise, people will continue to invest in it. I do not see why Eth founder would say such a thing. I mean he can compete with other coins, but to say that even his coin will go to zero anytime is something suspicious to me. He is just throwing statements as if he got bored of the coin created and people will lose faith in Eth.
Activity: 154
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
It is not the best news to hear Smiley But I will anyway hope, that this word "may" go to the zero, will be the key word in this sentence, and we wont face the fall of cryptocurrencies sooner, nor later.
Pages:
Jump to: