Pages:
Author

Topic: Eth hardfork incoming - Race to the exits? - page 3. (Read 2309 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
At this point with a hard fork planned for next Wednesday I think it is priced in and Ether price could very well increase after the fork. The developers just released an updated Mist today allowing users to choose to follow or not follow the fork. So if you like to speculate go ahead and buy some Ether now hoping for a price pop next week after the fork. Or not.
Activity: 734
Merit: 109
They will hard fork to take funds away, how does this increase confidence as its an attack on the one core aspect of what makes a cryptocurrency a cryptocurrency: no central banks.

After the hard fork, people are more confident about the Ethereum. So I think the price will rise as a result.

Investors will get their funds back from the thief, so they will have more confidence in the Ethereum.

I don't understand. If the thief sell all prey, how can get back investors their funds? What will happens the people they spend bitcoins for ethereum, dao (or the prey eq) in last days?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
They will hard fork to take funds away, how does this increase confidence as its an attack on the one core aspect of what makes a cryptocurrency a cryptocurrency: no central banks.

After the hard fork, people are more confident about the Ethereum. So I think the price will rise as a result.

Investors will get their funds back from the thief, so they will have more confidence in the Ethereum.

So what you are essentially saying is that having the same structure as a central bank is what instills confidence?

Why not just use the Federal reserve system?
legendary
Being completely ubiased as I own 0 ETH

Cheesy

lol =)

I am unbiased. I have no vested interested in ETH or DAO or the outcome of it either way.

I'm calling it from a completely neutral stand point.

No skin in "this game".
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
Being completely ubiased as I own 0 ETH

Cheesy
legendary

What constitutes "confidence"?

As a ETH/DAO investor (which I am not) the last 4 weeks would have been painstakingly irritating. Why would one who gets their funds returned not cash out (even some) because of fear?
Activity: 1
Merit: 250

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Activity: 1
Merit: 250
Yeah, I have never owned Ethereum, its been an example of what not to do as a crypto project but if the fundamentals are good maybe a fork will come to replace it in the future.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
I'm thinking so. Also not invested in this, and don't intend to, but I think most people are of the opinion to let the dust settle out. People have been wanting out of this asset for some time now, faced with an endless series of increasingly worse news during the wait. Suffice it to.say, we will see what happens when an entire market gains liquidity at one time.
legendary
With the ETH hardfork incoming in roughly 3 days time, will the people who had their ETH stolen by the Dao Hack sell?

Being completely ubiased as I own 0 ETH if I was to hypothetically put myself into the shoes of the people who lost ETH and are now getting it back due to the hard fork, I would probably be a seller.

I'm curious what others think.

Is this a case of a race to the exits?
Pages:
Jump to: