Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH network under congestion now? - page 2. (Read 246 times)

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
November 03, 2020, 07:57:23 AM
Has anyone experience ETH congestion right now? I am trying to send my USDT20 from Trust Wallet to another one at a suggested fee of 18 gwei, but the process is taking longer than expected. Also, I have received token for my work, but as what I have checked the Etherscan, it’s already more than 8 hours and status still pending on the blockchain, and gas price was 27 gwei.

Is there any way to cancel the Ethereum transaction and restart it by spending higher gas fee? Or is this normal during the congestion period?

All went smoothly for me today. maybe the gas price went up when your transaction is being processed and caught with sudden congestion in the ETH network. this has happened to me not too long ago and my transaction only successful after 24 hours and it was not a good experience at all. You just need to wait then everything will be back to normal and your transaction is safe aswell.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
November 03, 2020, 07:48:33 AM
Has anyone experience ETH congestion right now? I am trying to send my USDT20 from Trust Wallet to another one at a suggested fee of 18 gwei, but the process is taking longer than expected. Also, I have received token for my work, but as what I have checked the Etherscan, it’s already more than 8 hours and status still pending on the blockchain, and gas price was 27 gwei.

Is there any way to cancel the Ethereum transaction and restart it by spending higher gas fee? Or is this normal during the congestion period?

I think thats because the gas fees were changing often, thats why your transaction was stuck up hanging, and I've always experienced that kind of situation especially when I was the sender I'm using the ImToken 2.0 wallet thats why I'm only accelerated my first transaction and after a few seconds, it is done Imtoken has an "acceleration" function to make your transaction faster in the event of congestion or sudden rises of gas fees.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
November 03, 2020, 07:31:27 AM
today I only made 1 transaction and it all went normally, actually I have never used a trust wallet so I don't know how to cancel or increase gas
but if the metamask there will be an option "cancel" or "speed up"
cancel to cancel the transaction
speed up to increase fees

I find Trust Wallet much easier and simpler than Metamask and MEW because it is a decentralized mobile app where I control private keys and phrases. Plus, we can import our Metamask and MEW accounts here. I don’t see a “speed up” option in Trust Wallet thoguh in case transactions are delayed or still stuck. Is there also a transaction accelerator website for Ethereum transactions like the Bitcoin accelerator?
Activity: 728
Merit: 100
November 03, 2020, 07:19:09 AM
today I only made 1 transaction and it all went normally, actually I have never used a trust wallet so I don't know how to cancel or increase gas
but if the metamask there will be an option "cancel" or "speed up"
cancel to cancel the transaction
speed up to increase fees
Looking for gigs
November 03, 2020, 07:17:10 AM
You can overwrite your transaction with a higher fee. It will automatically suspend the previous one if the second one proceed faster. However, I have never used trust wallet before so I have no idea what to deal with this problem. I think you can manually write a support form so as to recreate a new transaction.

Currently, there are high number of transactions on the network everyday since bitcoin has gained back its price and toward a new all time high. People might try to buy more ethereum and altcoins in order to be rich whenever the second pump comes

I was suppose to overwrite as you said. But now it’s not pending anymore and marked “success”. But for the other one (which I’m the receiver), maybe I should contact him to overwrite. Is it not gonna double spend for sure right?
Activity: 750
Merit: 258
November 03, 2020, 07:12:12 AM
You can overwrite your transaction with a higher fee. It will automatically suspend the previous one if the second one proceed faster. However, I have never used trust wallet before so I have no idea what to deal with this problem. I think you can manually write a support form so as to recreate a new transaction.

Currently, there are high number of transactions on the network everyday since bitcoin has gained back its price and toward a new all time high. People might try to buy more ethereum and altcoins in order to be rich whenever the second pump comes
Looking for gigs
November 03, 2020, 07:05:58 AM

Pages:
Jump to: