Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH? - page 43. (Read 198796 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
It is quite risky to buy the Ethereum right now. It is better to wait after the soft fork and watch the market response.

There won't be a soft fork because of the DoS vulnerability, so it's going to be a hard fork or nothing now (it also needs to be activated within the next five days to avoid complications with splits from TheDAO).

As mtnsaa mentioned, having 11+ million ETH unlocked will put downwards pressure on price.

That could mean the DAO holders can dump their Etheeum straight away. That could be the reason for the big price drop.

I hope there will be a mechanism that make sure the dump of the Ethtereum to be orderly not to crash the price.
I don't know but I just like the price now, I would really buy more Ethereum with the current price as I believe it is not normal and the normal price would surely be higher than the current price.

You should be careful. The soft fork with ETH is not good, it means the coin is centralized and we have to abide by the creators law. The same with banks, but they at least got policies.
ETH not, investors know this, which is why thy are slowly dumping ETH.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BULL RUN until 2030
It is quite risky to buy the Ethereum right now. It is better to wait after the soft fork and watch the market response.

There won't be a soft fork because of the DoS vulnerability, so it's going to be a hard fork or nothing now (it also needs to be activated within the next five days to avoid complications with splits from TheDAO).

As mtnsaa mentioned, having 11+ million ETH unlocked will put downwards pressure on price.

That could mean the DAO holders can dump their Etheeum straight away. That could be the reason for the big price drop.

I hope there will be a mechanism that make sure the dump of the Ethtereum to be orderly not to crash the price.
I don't know but I just like the price now, I would really buy more Ethereum with the current price as I believe it is not normal and the normal price would surely be higher than the current price.
Activity: 171
Merit: 3

Activity: 294

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
move fast and break stuff ... i'll buy that for a dollar.
legendary
Activity: 1568

I should've kept my short from above 0.02 opened but oh well, it was ridiculous going to almost 0.024. It's impossible to predict the right time to short sometimes, the market do many illogical things plus I'm sure the price was supported by ETH foundation, it would be around $4-5 already if not.

It's still above $10 which is crazy considering all things. I'm sure it will even bounce back to previous levels before the HF is executed. Once it is I think the real reckoning will begin and we'll see sub $5 prices in less than a month. If it's complete chaos ($1-2 prices) and Ethereum survives somehow then there's a strong chance it can come back next year...

We have to agree that denial is strong with these ones!
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

legendary
Activity: 1008
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I know it's not a new kid per se but what do you think about Factom/FCT? I think it can make some very nice gains in the next upcoming weeks/months after the halvening and with so much ETH fud ahead of us. It's a very simple project with high demand from all industries, very much undervalued if you take into account ETH is still at $12!...

My alt strategy is more about buying panic and selling the relief than about trying to determine which coin will be the next hot ticket, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. Presently I don't have a 'hook' on FCT, so I'm not going to trade it.

That's wise yes. To be honest, ETH for me it's completely dead and you know how much I "hyped" it. However, I for one couldn't foresee all this DAO situation and how it just keeps getting worse. So in crypto you really never know. I guess you don't have faith in any altcoin but really, ETH was destined to be around $30 by this time (all based on potential and "hype" we agree).

Right now for me the project is completely dead in the water no matter what they do or it will take many months to recover slowly. What I don't understand is why are we still at $12.

Are you planning to buy back in if it starts dropping to $4-5? What's your bottom? Do you think ETH can recover? I'm sorry to ask so many questions but you seem to have a much more surgically approach (I know you are mostly a trader) and I'm more inclined to long term investment and long positions (within reasonable).

If the price drops to $4, there will be many unhappy miners. They will regret that he invested to mine.

Maybe there will be another PoW coin to mine. Or the miners will try their best to rehabilitate Ethereum.

For any other new PoW coins, the hashing from the Ethereum will make that coin unprofitable to mine quickly.

If the Ethereum fails, there will be other coins to be able to mined with all the 4000 GH/s of the number of graphics cards.

Before eth went up in price there was loads of gpu miners on eBay for cheap because there was nothing much worth mining.  Id imagine that after/if eth goes down in price or dies the same thing may happen again.  Theres really not much better coins to mine for a profit with gpu.
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
I this is not the right time to convert bitcoin in to eth right now because the block halving is nearly coming and i think better to wait for block halving and wait if the price will still increase or not.. before i convert some of my bitcoin into ethereum..

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
I this is not the right time to convert bitcoin in to eth right now because the block halving is nearly coming and i think better to wait for block halving and wait if the price will still increase or not.. before i convert some of my bitcoin into ethereum..
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
I know it's not a new kid per se but what do you think about Factom/FCT? I think it can make some very nice gains in the next upcoming weeks/months after the halvening and with so much ETH fud ahead of us. It's a very simple project with high demand from all industries, very much undervalued if you take into account ETH is still at $12!...

My alt strategy is more about buying panic and selling the relief than about trying to determine which coin will be the next hot ticket, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. Presently I don't have a 'hook' on FCT, so I'm not going to trade it.

That's wise yes. To be honest, ETH for me it's completely dead and you know how much I "hyped" it. However, I for one couldn't foresee all this DAO situation and how it just keeps getting worse. So in crypto you really never know. I guess you don't have faith in any altcoin but really, ETH was destined to be around $30 by this time (all based on potential and "hype" we agree).

Right now for me the project is completely dead in the water no matter what they do or it will take many months to recover slowly. What I don't understand is why are we still at $12.

Are you planning to buy back in if it starts dropping to $4-5? What's your bottom? Do you think ETH can recover? I'm sorry to ask so many questions but you seem to have a much more surgically approach (I know you are mostly a trader) and I'm more inclined to long term investment and long positions (within reasonable).
When the sentiment is "move fast and break stuff", it might be hard to predict what exactly will break (or when), but not exactly surprising that something eventually breaks.

If the price drops to $4, there will be many unhappy miners. They will regret that he invested to mine.

Maybe there will be another PoW coin to mine. Or the miners will try their best to rehabilitate Ethereum.

For any other new PoW coins, the hashing from the Ethereum will make that coin unprofitable to mine quickly.

If the Ethereum fails, there will be other coins to be able to mined with all the 4000 GH/s of the number of graphics cards.
Activity: 357

Activity: 332

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1035
First Ether Pool closing down due to the upcoming fork-

legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

My thoughts are that, besides manipulation, price is being maintained at $12 by ETH holders in denial. They won't admit that it's over or that they made a mistake, so they refuse to sell, and may even buy more. Problem is, they cannot account for new issuance - which isn't being bid outside of their sphere - so price slowly grinds down in BTC terms on low volume. As price sinks, their doubts will grow, and one by one they will pop, which will continue and accelerate the selling into a crescendo.

Provisionally, I would be looking for price to fill the gap at 0.0124 or continue down to psychological support at 0.01 for a possible entry. I would want to see big, high volume sell-offs to validate my moves, I'd then be looking to sell a rebound possibly to 0.015.

Long-term, it's probably best to wait until it's going sideways on lower volatility to decide if you want to get back in or not, rather than trying to guess the bottom. I do think there could be another bubble out in the future though.

Your strategy only works if the Ethereum survives the current crisis, the price will rebound. If not, the price will go lower.

Even if ETH is headed to zero, there will be rebounds based on the behaviour of its holders. I'd say I get it right about 8 times out of 10, which is enough. For the times I get it wrong, I cut my losses. I also think you're looking at different time scales to me - my best trades are the ones completed in a single day - NEM for example, has been fun Wink

*nota bene: I'm not a professional trader, nor am I tutor, nor do I wish to be.
legendary
Activity: 1568

Activity: 355
Merit: 10

Your strategy only works if the Ethereum survives the current crisis, the price will rebound. If not, the price will go lower.
Pages:
Jump to: