Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH vs BTC transaction speed. Who is better and faster? - page 5. (Read 1438 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I think it is wrong to compare the rates of ETH and BTC transactions. Both of them have the other infrastructure, which already has a value.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 259
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
 I want to say one word,of course Ethereum transcation speed is more high from Btc transaction.I have noticed a lot of times that it does not take any extra time in the moment transaction is done just a second.Sometimes take it few minutes.I have a lot of very bad experience with Btc transaction.I withdraw half of btc from binance but i received it after 2days.     
Activity: 98
I think that Ethereum is better, but bitcoin has a lot of investors and it is known all over the world.
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
For me both currencies are good, i can not compare them. Both in different time had their networks congested, but i can not choose one.
Activity: 182
In my opinion, when it comes to transaction confirmation, etherum is far faster than bitcoin as the transactions processes faster than bitcoins
Activity: 70
Yes, ETH transactions are faster than BTC transaction but ETH network is mostly clogged due to very large no of transactions and delays range somewhere between 30 minutes to even hours. On the other hand btc network is also heavily loaded and that causes delays.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 520
In my own opinion, I think that both transaction rates are fair enough, even though the fee for BTC might be so high. They both have speedy transaction rates and it is one good thing about both coins cos I don't have to wait for so much time to get my coins in my wallets or get it transferred to another. These two coins does it for me to be honest.

It's a question of preference as some will only use bitcoin to store value and others want to use it to send something abroad and then it is expensive.
Activity: 156
In my own opinion, I think that both transaction rates are fair enough, even though the fee for BTC might be so high. They both have speedy transaction rates and it is one good thing about both coins cos I don't have to wait for so much time to get my coins in my wallets or get it transferred to another. These two coins does it for me to be honest.
Activity: 249
Merit: 13
dApps Development Automation Platform
I am always amaze every time I imagine how much power does Ethereum blockchain has when processing transaction for every tokens it supported. There are millions of transactions are being process every single day. Just do the math. Decentralized exchanges using ETH blockchain plus online wallets like MEW, Jaxx, coinomi, Eidoo, etc. I always have this feeling that ETH will become number 1 someday. Who is better for you? ETH or BTC?

Oh, it is all about the saturation of the network, it makes no particular difference to use one or the other under normal circumstances, I mostly suggest that eth is cheaper.
on ETH transactions are faster because there is a different technology. but bitcoin will soon have a faster transaction because the network will be improved.

Same for Ethereum. They are all working on second layer scaling solutions and it is only a question of time when we will see the proposals in action.
Activity: 437
on ETH transactions are faster because there is a different technology. but bitcoin will soon have a faster transaction because the network will be improved.
Activity: 52
By the speed of transactions, the etherium is much faster and stronger than bitcoin. And the commissions are much lower
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
Whoever uses or transacts with both ethereum and bitcoin, would know that ethereum has faster transaction speed compared to bitcoin,just as some other coins have better transaction fee than ethereum. If it happens that there is little delay in ethereum transaction, it might be due to network.
Activity: 102
Bitcoin's blocktime is set at 10 minutes, while Ethereum has a block every 10-20 seconds, making it much faster.So  bitcoin will probably never be able to match Ethereum transaction speed. Unless they would implement something like the lightning network.
Activity: 153
bitcoin is better and ranks first in the cryptocurrency market. the Ethereum faster but will not be able to surpass bitcoin.
Activity: 504
Merit: 115
Silent Reader~
ETH transaction speed is the best. But IMHO, all of the PoW coins, the transaction speed depends on how much the fee is. If the fee for transacts is higher, then the speed will increase.
copper member
Activity: 253
Merit: 2
I am always amaze every time I imagine how much power does Ethereum blockchain has when processing transaction for every tokens it supported. There are millions of transactions are being process every single day. Just do the math. Decentralized exchanges using ETH blockchain plus online wallets like MEW, Jaxx, coinomi, Eidoo, etc. I always have this feeling that ETH will become number 1 someday. Who is better for you? ETH or BTC?
There is no doubt that in case of eth transaction , transaction time and cost are much much lesser than btc transaction. But as I think only transaction time and cost does not create coins value. You have to always keep in mind that Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and creator of all. I had also a feeling that in far future maybe someday eth can be stronger than btc. But that is not in near future ( not in 1 or 2 decade).
There is no doubt that eth is much more faster and it is applicable in dapps.
A lot of alts based on erc-20 standard, but btc has longer history and it is truly decentralised.

Bitcoin never intended to be a platform for dapps. The comparison doesn't make sense. Bitcoin is a payment platform and it will be a good one.
Activity: 451
Merit: 100
There is no doubt that eth is much more faster and it is applicable in dapps.
A lot of alts based on erc-20 standard, but btc has longer history and it is truly decentralised.
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
Eth is faster for me and Btc is more stable in this case. I think both of them are good here but their common positions on the current cryptomarket are too bad.
Pages:
Jump to: