Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum: 2nd gen cryptocurrency with contract programming, "dagger" hashing - page 14. (Read 84312 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
At least it not seem a "java closed code scam" like emunie and nxt.

Java suck and javaclosedcode suck²

Good luck.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Ethereum
Is Ethereum accepting pull requests?

Yes, well, I've submitted one to the go client repo at least, a glorious typo fix Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
When will launch IPO, during a conference in Miami?
Mining will begin on the same day?
Client will be available for mining at this time, too?

Huh Huh Roll Eyes Huh Shocked Huh Grin Huh

IPO launch will be on the Saturday of the conference, while Vitalik thinks development will take a minimum of 3 months.
legendary
Please use the nxt thread to discuss issues relating to that currency.

What will the coin acronym be for Ethereum, I just can't imagine people getting excited about saying Ethereum all the time.

There has been ETH and ETR suggested on the other forum, with ETH favoured.  I have been using ETH.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I don't know why everyone is bitching about POW vs POS. In either case if you have a $10,000 to invest you'll earn more than someone with $2,500. It takes money to build mining rigs just like it takes money to invest is POS.

Unfortunately the days of mining with one video card for 10,000% return is gone.

This, the future is NXT!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
When will launch IPO, during a conference in Miami?
Mining will begin on the same day?
Client will be available for mining at this time, too?

Huh Huh Roll Eyes Huh Shocked Huh Grin Huh
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I don't know why everyone is bitching about POW vs POS. In either case if you have a $10,000 to invest you'll earn more than someone with $2,500. It takes money to build mining rigs just like it takes money to invest is POS.

Unfortunately the days of mining with one video card for 10,000% return is gone.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Is Ethereum accepting pull requests?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

What will the coin acronym be for Ethereum, I just can't imagine people getting excited about saying Ethereum all the time.
legendary
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
So, just to try to add a new subdiscussion into things here... as a crypto "hobbyist", what would my mining rig look like? From what I can comprehend this is more of a memory-based coin. I think I read somewhere that CPU/GPU's will act somewhat on par with each other (GPU maybe slightly better?).

So if the typical scrypt "hobbyist" rig is something like a 4x r9 280x setup, what would someone want to build for Eth? Fast processor w/ tons of RAM?

Activity: 238
Well, I think it's a good place to repost my warning from "A new way to scam newbies":

Distributed Autonomous Corporation is becoming a popular trend. I predict we'll see at least one major scam related to DAC within next 6 months. Be careful.

Pay attention to the date. And use ur own brain to make a decision.

I totally agree with this, and to be honest i lost my faith a little in Invictus in the last weeks. Guess its wise to wait on the next Bitcoin Conference (http://btcmiami.com/) and see what Ethereum has to offer. Atleast the guy behind has done already good (proof-able) work for the bitcoin community.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Well, I think it's a good place to repost my warning from "A new way to scam newbies":

Distributed Autonomous Corporation is becoming a popular trend. I predict we'll see at least one major scam related to DAC within next 6 months. Be careful.

Pay attention to the date. And use ur own brain to make a decision.
POW coins and POS coins can coexist for a while. They're kind of complementary, i like that. I don't think many POS coins will really make it though cause people will be quicky tired of IPOs at each new coin available. You can mine any POW shit coins but will invest only in serious POS with potential and ideas. First ones on market are often the chosen ones.

then check plz what a crypto like Ethereum gets now everyday from IPO investors that totally believe in DAC concepts like this; http://angelshares.info/beta/

People can't get why PoS coins need "IPO". To do initial distribution of the stake, not to raise funds. That's why Nxt got only 21 BTC. Looks like people r unable to think beyond money...

Edit: PoW coins that need IPO don't make sense at all.

so actually NXT is backed.... with 21 BTC ...
legendary
POW coins and POS coins can coexist for a while. They're kind of complementary, i like that. I don't think many POS coins will really make it though cause people will be quicky tired of IPOs at each new coin available. You can mine any POW shit coins but will invest only in serious POS with potential and ideas. First ones on market are often the chosen ones.

then check plz what a crypto like Ethereum gets now everyday from IPO investors that totally believe in DAC concepts like this; http://angelshares.info/beta/

People can't get why PoS coins need "IPO". To do initial distribution of the stake, not to raise funds. That's why Nxt got only 21 BTC. Looks like people r unable to think beyond money...

Edit: PoW coins that need IPO don't make sense at all.
NXT has nothing to offer, only POS and its backed by thin air.

I disagree. It's backed by vacuum.

lol +1

i quote from that page; "Total number of coins in Nxt is exactly 0."

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
legendary
NXT has nothing to offer, only POS and its backed by thin air.

I disagree. It's backed by vacuum.
I don't get what the huge deal is with this . sure it is a big improvement over  SHA256/scrypt but won't resolve the fundamental issues with PoW.
if it becomes in any way profitable some manufacturer in china would take less than a month to come out with dedicated boxes/motherboards with 100s memory slots crunching the algo.
mining will always be polarized and will always be a waste of resources as it becomes more competitive/lucrative.
the only "advantage" PoW has over PoS is that it doesn't require an IPO to distribute the coins....but ethereum still went for some IPO wtf??....so might aswell go for full PoS without need for mining .  the mining community is not not only useless but a baggage for the progress of crypto.

Ethereum deliveres services like privacy management, distributed applications etc etc. NXT only has POS and nothing more.

like this clueless troll for example
privacy management, distrubuted applications etc can all be delivered just as well with PoS, and sustainable from end user devices Wink
because of this for dsitributed applications PoS is actually becoming the preferred choice....infact new development into PoS has led to PoB (proof of bandwith) which could actually be the real next big thing (for cloud applications especially)https://github.com/wetube/bitcloud/blob/master/Bitcloud%20Nontechnical%20White%20Paper.md

in conclusion : ethereum possibly the best of the PoW coins....but PoW is a now a dead/detrimental technology imo.

you really have no idea who are behind this right? Wink
Pages:
Jump to: