Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum GPU Mining Optimisations for Pools - page 2. (Read 6579 times)

Activity: 445
Merit: 255
You need to use the "frontier diff". Some calculators still use the old reward wich is higher than the current reward.

a thing that most of the users don't understand.

Confirmed.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Yelp, but if you don't PM the Ethereum Foundation about this, how will they be able to fix it?

Fuck The Ethereum Foundation...

There is no reason to swear SP_ , young people could end up reading this thread!

You need to set a good example to the young one's.

You don't need to worry about young people.  However there seems to be at least one old prude reading this thread...
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
Yelp, but if you don't PM the Ethereum Foundation about this, how will they be able to fix it?

There is no reason to swear SP_ , young people could end up reading this thread!

You started it, you mentioned ethereum foundation...

What is your opinion about pools with profit switching dagger mining ports? Are their calculations right?

I don't bother with them - waiting 7 months -2 years for investments to mature returns better value.

Not to mention: the huge time saving from not having to pay attention every change in mining difficulty and small movements in markets.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

You started it, you mentioned ethereum foundation...

What is your opinion about pools with profit switching dagger mining ports? Are their calculations right?
legendary

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer

legendary
It's because the calculator you are using is based on the  homestead release difficulty.

If you use the frontier difficulty you get 0.27 ETH for 50.6 MHASH

The calculator I linked, was linked by Dwarfpool and it is pretty accurate.

Homestead was the old version of Etherum with higher payouts to the miners.

Frontier is the latest version of etherum with reduced payout to the miners.

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
It's because the calculator you are using is based on the  homestead release difficulty.

If you use the frontier difficulty you get 0.27 ETH for 50.6 MHASH

The calculator I linked, was linked by Dwarfpool and it is pretty accurate.

Homestead was the old version of Etherum with higher payouts to the miners.

Frontier is the latest version of etherum with reduced payout to the miners.
legendary

Current block 2131068
Difficulty 65556
Frontier-style diff 78667

(not precise after homestead release, use Frontier-style diff)

http://karldiab.com/EthereumMiningCalculator/

SP_ I wouldn't trust something set up by some anonymous bloke on the internet Grin

Should the official mining calculator be incorrect, then simply PM Ethereum Foundation!

They will launch and investigation and send you a email back with their findings.

https://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer

Current block 2131068
Difficulty 65556
Frontier-style diff 78667

(not precise after homestead release, use Frontier-style diff)

http://karldiab.com/EthereumMiningCalculator/

legendary
You need to use the "frontier diff". Some calculators still use the old reward wich is higher than the current reward.

Etherscan calulator is showing:

0.328ETH per day for 50.64mhs minus 1% mining pool fee.

That's what i'm getting...

Cheesy Then don't waste my time posting with fake newbie account - this is an ANN for people who getting 10%-25% below the ethereum calculator.

You can't read English, can you:

"Many GPUs rig owners have been reporting getting 10%-25% less shares or payouts for mining Dagger (Ethereum) at the pools, when compared to the mining calculators. I decided more than 2 weeks ago to research this topic for the benefit of the GPU rig owners' community."

What is wrong with you?

DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20

That's what i'm getting...
legendary

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
legendary
So you are saying that if i now got my rig mining with settings

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool TotalETHpool:8008 -ewal deleteandaddwalletaddressETH -epsw x -eworker rig1 -dpool stratum+tcp://TotalSIApool.com:7777 -dwal deleteandaddwalletaddressSC.rig1 -dcoin sia -allpools 1 -allcoins -dcri 45

I should change the dcri to 22 to get more shares?

My rig is 7950, 280 and 280x. (and now using Intel e8400)

Now i got Eth with 50.645 Mh/s and Sia 990 Mh/s (Claymore and -dcri 45)

when i change to  dcri 22 i got only Eth 50.487Mh/s and Sia 555Mh/s?!

I still should change the dcri...did i understand you right?

I have other rig with AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 (am2), would it give me more shares?

Need some basic information:

Ethereum calculator says you should be getting: 0.32ETH a day for 50.64mhs minus 1% pool fee.

But, my calculation says you will be getting under 0.285ETH a day. Is it correct, are getting under 0.285ETH a day?

Secondly, is ETH you priority or SC your priority?

DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
So you are saying that if i now got my rig mining with settings

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool TotalETHpool:8008 -ewal deleteandaddwalletaddressETH -epsw x -eworker rig1 -dpool stratum+tcp://TotalSIApool.com:7777 -dwal deleteandaddwalletaddressSC.rig1 -dcoin sia -allpools 1 -allcoins -dcri 45

I should change the dcri to 22 to get more shares?

My rig is 7950, 280 and 280x. (and now using Intel e8400)

Now i got Eth with 50.645 Mh/s and Sia 990 Mh/s (Claymore and -dcri 45)

when i change to  dcri 22 i got only Eth 50.487Mh/s and Sia 555Mh/s?!

I still should change the dcri...did i understand you right?

I have other rig with AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 (am2), would it give me more shares?

legendary

Extra Watts Dual mining is 27%.

R9 290 uses 45watts.

This costs (in UK) £0.10 more each day.
The extra SC (SIA) is worth £0.27 more each

Therefore, not really much reason not to Dual mine, plus there is an extra 2.5 Eth at pool each day.

Is that for one 290 card that you get £0.27 more each card? So the extract earning is £0.17 per card.

That might not worth the dual mining.

You get 0.17 more a day net on SC

But, up also get an extra £0.063 ETH a day - through 290 hashing more efficiently on Dagger and finding more shares.

The ETH boost cost no extra electricity - so total gain is £0.233 per 290.

Furthermore, if enough GPU owners optimise their own hardware efficiency for their mining pool - the number of duplicate jobs will go down and their will be mining pool boost in efficiency - the mining pool will find more blocks and miners will get better payouts closer to Ethereum calculator figures.

For example:

A GPU owners has 10 R9 290s mining at TotalETHpool (not a real pool).

He/She has them on Intel Chipset/CPUs, when openCL needs AMD GPUs to be on AMD chipsets/cpus

He/She is sending 312mhz to poolside, but because they are on wrong chipset/cpu their efficiency to solve jobs is equivalent of:

254.3mhs

So, the stratum pool will assign jobs at 312mhs, but the rigs will solve those jobs at 254.3mhs.

Other GPU owners will then, be given more duplicate jobs to make up for that guy or gals inefficient rigs - this reduces the blocks found by the mining pool and reduces the mining payouts for everyone at at that mining pool!
Activity: 222
Merit: 100

Extra Watts Dual mining is 27%.

R9 290 uses 45watts.

This costs (in UK) £0.10 more each day.
The extra SC (SIA) is worth £0.27 more each

Therefore, not really much reason not to Dual mine, plus there is an extra 2.5 Eth at pool each day.

Is that for one 290 card that you get £0.27 more each card? So the extract earning is £0.17 per card.

That might not worth the dual mining.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Nope, put it here for reason.

7 months left until POS!

I want every newbie GPU owner to crypto-currencies to mine and have ETH in a wallet Smiley

any official ANN for POS system ?
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Firstly, running the CPU at 3.5Ghz and 3.3Ghz does result in more shares (4% more then when power saving modes for Intel and AMD) accepted per hour, when dualmining or solo mining at a pool, but above 3.5Ghz their is no extra shares found per hour.

What do you think the reason is for this 4% increase?
Pages:
Jump to: