Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 94. (Read 116501 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
I think the market will be big enough for 2-3 alt coins to exist. To use an analogy, bitcoin is like gold in the real world, but there are other precious metals such as silver that we trade in. Whether bitcoin will actually retain is another story, if it doesn't improve, it might eventually get taken over by other coins once the altcoin ecosystem is built up.

It depends on the function of the coin. If they are all different, they will coexist.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Find Funds & Talents - www.fundyourselfnow.com
I think the market will be big enough for 2-3 alt coins to exist. To use an analogy, bitcoin is like gold in the real world, but there are other precious metals such as silver that we trade in. Whether bitcoin will actually retain is another story, if it doesn't improve, it might eventually get taken over by other coins once the altcoin ecosystem is built up.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Bitcoin has build its strong future worlwide , therefore it may be everyone's need in future.  Alternate crypto might be dismissed and ignored
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
Ethereum is the mother of platforms using blockchain and smart contracts, BTC is the mother of digital currency and means to store value. They can be two different things with similar use, not directly enemies. I believe that both are the future
Surprisingly ethereum as been a preferred choice over bitcoins by the cooperate world and is likely to attract more investment as they continue to  incorporate the ethereum technology.

Not just that, for remittances (never mind programmability), Ethereum is faster and cheaper (and more energy efficient, etc.)

How do you determine it is more energy efficient?

Maybe because its just going to be mined through GPU compare to Asics. But I still think BTC is much preferred by the looks of its price. The future needs more privacy and its no wonder coins are created over and over fro same feature - untraceable and privacy. XMR is the future.

It is possible that the bitcoin will rise faster than most altcoins.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Ethereum is the mother of platforms using blockchain and smart contracts, BTC is the mother of digital currency and means to store value. They can be two different things with similar use, not directly enemies. I believe that both are the future
Surprisingly ethereum as been a preferred choice over bitcoins by the cooperate world and is likely to attract more investment as they continue to  incorporate the ethereum technology.

Not just that, for remittances (never mind programmability), Ethereum is faster and cheaper (and more energy efficient, etc.)

Maybe because its just going to be mined through GPU compare to Asics. But I still think BTC is much preferred by the looks of its price. The future needs more privacy and its no wonder coins are created over and over fro same feature - untraceable and privacy. XMR is the future.
Activity: 102
Merit: 100

Activity: 280

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
Activity: 896
It is hard to tell in a current moment, what gonna go faster and predict the price for bitcoin or even ethereum in my opinion.

Indeed, would be better to invest your funds in this two crypto currencies, they all have potential

I think bitcoin have a better lead right now, against ethereum, but will be a good idea to buy something that is not that expensive as bitcoin

I think the bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the good currencies.
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
It is hard to tell in a current moment, what gonna go faster and predict the price for bitcoin or even ethereum in my opinion.

Indeed, would be better to invest your funds in this two crypto currencies, they all have potential

I think bitcoin have a better lead right now, against ethereum, but will be a good idea to buy something that is not that expensive as bitcoin

Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
ha ha what are you talking man  Grin It's right that Ethereum is an attractive coin, but, it's an alt-coin. Bitcoin is the mother of all coins ...... No one can stop the success of Bitcoin.

That is right. That is the reason why the market cap of bitcoin is the largest.
Right now BTC's biggest advantage is the pipeline from fiat currencies into crypto. I am not sure this advantage will last very long, they should use it to improve while they can!

The bitcoin has a larger user community. So it will last for several decades at least.
legendary
Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000
ha ha what are you talking man  Grin It's right that Ethereum is an attractive coin, but, it's an alt-coin. Bitcoin is the mother of all coins ...... No one can stop the success of Bitcoin.

Right now BTC's biggest advantage is the pipeline from fiat currencies into crypto. I am not sure this advantage will last very long, they should use it to improve while they can!

For now. Assumed dominance is a dangerous thing.

Ethereum is a 3D blockchain.

Bitcoin is only 2D (value store and value transfer).

You envisage a future where value store and value transfer are done on Bitcoin and value programability is done on Ethereum?

Seems unrealistic and hacky when Ethereum does what Bitcoin does so much better.

Bitcoin is also slow, expensive, energy inefficient and not as reliable. Granted Ethereum had the benefit of being able to analyse years of Bitcoin performance data.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
The truth is out there
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
No one can judge which coin will be the future. At present bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency that is available in market. You can judge from its price itself.I am not saying it will remain like that . If any coin comes with better features than bitcoin ,there is a chance that it can overtake bitcoin in the race. But it will take time to overtake bitcoin. As of now bitcoin is the leader and it will continue to lead. Ether is also
a good coin with great potential but its nothing infront of bitcoin.
I don't think in the next 5-10 years there will be any coin which is going to beat bitcoin. And also about features as far as I know most of the people who invested in bitcoin don't even care for features they only see the past rate and present rate and blindly invest in bitcoins. And if you see there are actually many coins out there who has better features but are struggling.
It is because better tech can't kill bitcoin. The only thing that really matter is initial distribution of coin. Do you think that new altcoin even with great technical specs could have that?
With dubious background or shady developing team no altcoin can be good. Heck, we have coins developed by really great people but they can't manage to distribute coin in a perfect way.
Prime example is Zcash -  technical aspects of that coin are not important if you need to pay 20% tax from every mined coin to support early investors/share holders.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
No one can judge which coin will be the future. At present bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency that is available in market. You can judge from its price itself.I am not saying it will remain like that . If any coin comes with better features than bitcoin ,there is a chance that it can overtake bitcoin in the race. But it will take time to overtake bitcoin. As of now bitcoin is the leader and it will continue to lead. Ether is also
I don't think in the next 5-10 years there will be any coin which is going to beat bitcoin. And also about features as far as I know most of the people who invested in bitcoin don't even care for features they only see the past rate and present rate and blindly invest in bitcoins. And if you see there are actually many coins out there who has better features but are struggling.
Activity: 641
Merit: 505

Activity: 770
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
***crypto trader***
Pages:
Jump to: