Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum now looks like a complete joke - page 6. (Read 1120 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 13
AMEPAY
January 11, 2021, 04:10:22 PM
It doesn't look like altcoins will pump hard this time around, it's still shocking that many ERC20 tokens under Ethereum are not really appreciating in value even when Ethereum reached 1200$, I have nothing to say than to ask what the heck is going on.

Another issue is the insane gas fee of ethereum, I have been holding ERC20 tokens the most and to even sell right now is killing me inside because it costs over 10$ to move my ERC20 tokens to exchange, I might just have to give up on this heartbreaking Ethereum blockchain
The situation is tough but if you have been here for sometime you would know that gas fee keeps fluctuating up and down sometimes it is very high sometimes low but yes till eth 2.0 is fully activated we have to suffer this thing but hopefully not for long.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 11, 2021, 03:58:59 PM
Market moves in Circle and when I see post like this it makes me feel like we are almost at the bottom and Altcoins is set to pump, during DEFI mad run between July to September nobody talks about the gas price because they are all making money and the profit will pay for the gas, I believe with all the solutions people are proposing for the L2 the issue of gas will be alleviated for sometime until Ethereum 2.0 is launched
Activity: 1624
Merit: 250
January 11, 2021, 03:53:29 PM
It doesn't look like altcoins will pump hard this time around, it's still shocking that many ERC20 tokens under Ethereum are not really appreciating in value even when Ethereum reached 1200$, I have nothing to say than to ask what the heck is going on.
The price increase of ETH does not affect the tokens based on it as much as you think. Trading is the most effective factor in this regard. Already this increase did not affect those who were not on the top list, regardless of coin or token.
Another issue is the insane gas fee of ethereum, I have been holding ERC20 tokens the most and to even sell right now is killing me inside because it costs over 10$ to move my ERC20 tokens to exchange, I might just have to give up on this heartbreaking Ethereum blockchain
We may always encounter such cases. The increase in transactions is a good reason. I do not know where you saw the $10 fee, but I did not. At least, you can wait for the right time or control the fee yourself.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Play Poker on Telegram
January 11, 2021, 03:20:03 PM
Ethereum doesn't control every ERC20 token, they also have to develop their own system, you don't expect ERC20 tokens to do nothing on the network and simply rise/fall whenever eth moves in either direction, and if that's your reason for calling ethereum a joke, then you've totally missed the point. If you have a problem understanding what's wrong with most tokens you've invested in, I'll advice you leave such tokens and invest in Ethereum itself. And as for Gas/transaction fees, it goes up/down at certain times, it's normal in the crypto market.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
January 11, 2021, 02:26:19 PM
Is it really like that?
Should every ERC20 token rise in value whenever Ethereum does?
Why should it lean over Ethereum price when they have their own market?
Isn't it enough that they used Ethereum to create their contract for their dusty projects?

Perhaps, you should ask the devs of your supported project why their tokens are not appreciating in value.
Gas fees depend on traffic.
Even ETH is struggling when BTC is reaching multiple ATH, only just few days ago ETH able to pump since BTC is already too high yet it's not enough reason for other coins to also increase in price. Other  investors were trying to put some hype on ETH but it doesn't mean other projects will be affected too, there are too many projects that are in ETH platform but does2have any product development or reason to be noticed.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 11, 2021, 02:23:20 PM
I think not joke make by ethereum but depend on how bitcoin and altcoin situation right now, almost altcoin keep depending price on bitcoin when bitcoin suddenly dump like today just waiting with altcoin will dump too. Now happen how ethereum could dump more than 300$ only one day because bitcoin dump more than 10k$, I think is usually happen when bitcoin dump altcoin will dump and waiting for bitcoin raise to higher price again to see how altcoin can allowed with bitcoin price.
Activity: 889
Merit: 60
January 11, 2021, 02:07:40 PM

Insane gas fee has made most eth dapps pretty pointless for regular user. But that's what the sharding is supposed to fix and this price growth is all about speculating that working ethereum chain will be worth a lot. But i don't get why your random erc20 tokens should have value in the first place? Just because they run on eth?
Activity: 406
Merit: 103
January 11, 2021, 01:52:09 PM
you're mistake bro, other altcoins (Ethereum-based tokens) not following the Ethereum price, depending on the performance of the token itself.
Indeed, ethereum transaction fees are unstable and so high, that's because ETH 1.0 can only support 30 transactions per second which causes delays and congested.
i hope Ethereum 2.0 can solve this problem.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
January 11, 2021, 01:06:50 PM
I also felt the gas price was really crazy so I thought about holding back or doing transactions,,, but lately Ethereum-based projects very high transactions and make to higher gas prices. I regret not moving the token before the increased traffic on the transaction Altcoin
I've been guessing about that,, because investors only focus on big coins and don't interested in going to Altcoin so it doesn't have much of an impact on altcoin prices.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
January 11, 2021, 11:42:59 AM
it doesn't mean if ethereum price growing then all tokens that created on ethereum blockchain will grow too my friend
because its depends with the project itself, not depends on ethereum price, you should know about that
regards
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
January 11, 2021, 11:27:28 AM
Is it really like that?
Should every ERC20 token rise in value whenever Ethereum does?
Why should it lean over Ethereum price when they have their own market?
Isn't it enough that they used Ethereum to create their contract for their dusty projects?

Perhaps, you should ask the devs of your supported project why their tokens are not appreciating in value.
Gas fees depend on traffic.
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
January 11, 2021, 11:03:34 AM

Pages:
Jump to: