Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum Reduces Block Reward | ETH GPU Mining Will No Longer Be Profitable - page 3. (Read 8752 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Vosk, how can you make a post like this and then put a referral link to amazon for overpriced E3s?  A little hypocritical don't you think?
Regardless of my view that is the best miner for Ethereum, I think it is a good example of where we are at this point in crypto mining history -- will be an interesting timestamp at least to me to see in a couple years
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
um have you seen thier site? BCI has a site where you can stake coins in your wallet, by just entering the address
they were competent enough to implement progpow which .... drum roll solves a problem

I won’t tell you witch problem lol u figure it out lol

What’s problem does btg , bcc solve compared to a coin that has all the innovation that bci dows , weekly. and monthly interest payments and the first to impl implement prog pow.

If the devs get rewarded for thier innovation thats a good thing
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Wake me up when BCI solves any sort of problems or brings new ideas to the cryptospace.  Its a shitcoin for staking that happens to use a new algo.  Of course the devs can do all of this work.  Its a money grab for them.  

So true, copying others is easy, now implementing something for the future of crypto like eth devs did is something else.
Activity: 81
Merit: 2
Wake me up when BCI solves any sort of problems or brings new ideas to the cryptospace.

Well it's up 22% right now so I guess it's possible they did something right.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
mybe ETH will recover it's value during the year. It's a shame, what they decided to do.

yeah. mining farm cannot pay electric bill..

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
such a doom and gloom post.

profits will diminish.

the difficulty bomb has begun to take effect, so you can expect at least 10% faster blocks (2 second average) after fork.

plus due to the diminished block reward some farms hanging in the balance will be closing shop and selling their wares.

there are plenty of markets that will still be profitable with gpu's and E3's.

we're all on borrowed time anyways casper's POS was assumed implemented in full this time last year..

there is always classic for the holdouts if they care to adjust their philosophy to match where the money flows.

the block halving comment was interesting but its generally in 2-3 year intervals.. and dictated from genesis block. this is a bit more contreversial as the devs have some back and forth to decide how to move forward.

I like the decision, and I mine. its inportant not have have all your eggs in one basket as well as understanding perspective of the big picture.

Looking at the "Average Block Time" chart over at etherscan shows that the difficulty bomb hasn't started yet. Our average block times are still around 14-15 seconds unlike 30 seconds last Oct-Nov.

So this issuance wont be like last year where we get reduced rewards but faster block times, it will basically cut profits by 33%.

I also glanced over the hashrate chart and it seems like it's going down a little, I think last June we had this difficulty. However it could all still be variance.

BCI team implements ProgPow in a few weeks
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-btc-fork-bitfinex-bitcoin-interest-decentralized-savings-join-now-2616641

Its not variance , GPU miners are leaving, monero is same profit as ETH and they are forking asics and fpgas,

bitcoin Interest just did what the eth devs said could not be done int three months in two weeks :
BCI team did all this -
- Implemented a working stable Miner for AMD and Nividia for ProgPOW,
- built their own pool and solo stratum implementation
- Implemented ProgPOW on their block-chain and even rolled it back to block one to reduce the chain size and then re-synched all the old coins to the new chain in the first 850 blocks
-Deployed from testnet to production with new wallets and builds for the pool implementation, miners and stratum implemenation.

All this in a few weeks lol  , I though the ethereum devs were supposed to be the best in the business, youre telling they could not even have tweaked the ethhash algo to fork asics let alone
implemented ProgPow if a small team of 3-4 with the help of the OhGod team could do all this in a few weeks ? GTFO.

This is why the Ethereum is dropping in value , thier dev teams are not innovating anymore , or at least pushing the evelope i.e  getting things done
I'm a dev myself , I know there are delays and risks and such to update and upgrading code and co-dependent systems but its like they are sleep-walking right now, they are definatly not as hungry as they used to be
they sounded more like Finacial guys than developers in thier meetings more interested in monetary policy  that playing with new code and concepts like ProgPOW.

personally my 8GH is off eth and split between BCI and XMR,  XMR basically after power costs has been identical in profits to Eth , for a while now

Wake me up when BCI solves any sort of problems or brings new ideas to the cryptospace.  Its a shitcoin for staking that happens to use a new algo.  Of course the devs can do all of this work.  Its a money grab for them. 
The people who complain about this, simply don't get it.   Vosk has a channel about mining, so obviously he has to cover things from a miner's point of view.  The miner's point of view is that they want to make money, and as much as possible.  The ETH developers meanwhile are trying to deliver a stable product.  Ethereum is very complex and its ridiculous for the dev team to sit there and work on forking an algo for what? to stop bitmain's "asic" that really doesn't perform that well but is efficient?  This reminds me of the SIA social media guy that finally quit and listed his reasoning.  Granted those guys have a lot of problems with Obelisk, etc, but regardless one of his biggest gripes was that 90% of the people posting could have cared less about SIA getting a working product or improving it.  All they cared about was ROI, making money/
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
First of all, mining difficulty for Ethereum has gone up astronomically, then the introduction of proof of stakes consensus, coupled with drastic fall in the price of Ethereum  and now we are having in addition to the above  a reduction in the block rewards. It is going to make a lot of miners less incentive to continue and stop altogether

This is an active war against decentralization. Money talks bs walks. Decentralization is bs. Face it folks.  The sooner you realize this the more money you will keep in your pocket.  Look at nature. Everything centralized. Naive humans!   It’s always going to go where the resources are. Bottom line end of story!

BR

Hmm looks like we will see a huge dump in the chip sector as well. Keep your eyes peeled for the whole picture folks.  This fake it till you make doesn’t work when it’s among the smartest minds.  Nice try tho:)

Link to news. https://www.investopedia.com/news/chip-sector-correction-looming-due-inventory-clsa/?utm_source=news-to-use&utm_campaign=&utm_term=14418695&utm_content=09/11/2018&utm_medium=email
Activity: 846
Merit: 115

profits will diminish.

the difficulty bomb has begun to take effect, so you can expect at least 10% faster blocks (2 second average) after fork.

plus due to the diminished block reward some farms hanging in the balance will be closing shop and selling their wares.

we're all on borrowed time anyways casper's POS was assumed implemented in full this time last year..

there is always classic for the holdouts if they care to adjust their philosophy to match where the money flows.

the block halving comment was interesting but its generally in 2-3 year intervals.. and dictated from genesis block. this is a bit more contreversial as the devs have some back and forth to decide how to move forward.

I like the decision, and I mine. its inportant not have have all your eggs in one basket as well as understanding perspective of the big picture.

Looking at the "Average Block Time" chart over at etherscan shows that the difficulty bomb hasn't started yet. Our average block times are still around 14-15 seconds unlike 30 seconds last Oct-Nov.

So this issuance wont be like last year where we get reduced rewards but faster block times, it will basically cut profits by 33%.

I also glanced over the hashrate chart and it seems like it's going down a little, I think last June we had this difficulty. However it could all still be variance.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-btc-fork-bitfinex-bitcoin-interest-decentralized-savings-join-now-2616641

Its not variance , GPU miners are leaving, monero is same profit as ETH and they are forking asics and fpgas,

bitcoin Interest just did what the eth devs said could not be done int three months in two weeks :
BCI team did all this -
- Implemented ProgPOW on their block-chain and even rolled it back to block one to reduce the chain size and then re-synched all the old coins to the new chain in the first 850 blocks
-Deployed from testnet to production with new wallets and builds for the pool implementation, miners and stratum implemenation.

All this in a few weeks lol  , I though the ethereum devs were supposed to be the best in the business, youre telling they could not even have tweaked the ethhash algo to fork asics let alone
implemented ProgPow if a small team of 3-4 with the help of the OhGod team could do all this in a few weeks ? GTFO.

This is why the Ethereum is dropping in value , thier dev teams are not innovating anymore , or at least pushing the evelope i.e  getting things done
I'm a dev myself , I know there are delays and risks and such to update and upgrading code and co-dependent systems but its like they are sleep-walking right now, they are definatly not as hungry as they used to be
they sounded more like Finacial guys than developers in thier meetings more interested in monetary policy  that playing with new code and concepts like ProgPOW.

personally my 8GH is off eth and split between BCI and XMR,  XMR basically after power costs has been identical in profits to Eth , for a while now

The problem is the ETH devs are corporate guys now why would they care about what the community wants they are being back and ran by big money just like zcash look at the founders who are getting 20% of the block reward zooko don't give a shit about gpu miners he make $340,000 a month just from the founders cut ZCASH is ran buy one person ZOOKO what he says goes that why I dont mine, buy, or trade zcash anymore

At least he makes a proven product. Other coins are just scams or not serious investments bc nobody likes working for free
Activity: 906
Merit: 507

profits will diminish.

BCI team did all this -

The problem is the ETH devs are corporate guys now why would they care about what the community wants they are being back and ran by big money just like zcash look at the founders who are getting 20% of the block reward zooko don't give a shit about gpu miners he make $340,000 a month just from the founders cut ZCASH is ran buy one person ZOOKO what he says goes that why I dont mine, buy, or trade zcash anymore
Vosk, how can you make a post like this and then put a referral link to amazon for overpriced E3s?  A little hypocritical don't you think?
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
ETH needs to go POS to see itself as something viable other than the massive environmental mess that it has become in the media's eyes. The devs insist they are focusing on POS and can't be bothered to do minor forks to support decentralization (it's easy to stick 100 ASICs in a room, not so much 10K video cards).

You realize PoS is just a rich get richer scheme and regular miners wont be a part of it right? All the money will be made by people that are already holding LARGE amounts of ETH. PoS is not the answer, its one of the worst possible outcomes.

Yeah if you look at it in a closed bubble. Sure the guy who holds 1k eth in a node will have 1.05k eth at the end of the year. The poor farmer in Republic of Congo has no opportunity to gain from this.

EXCEPT.

If these blockchains can actually be used as a currency (provided the emission rate is low). Right now it takes the equivalent of $50 USD to send $150 in Congo. Banks are just milking daily activities there.

The entire supply chain of this planet relies on moving electronic made up money here and there. Even most people in the US slave away at a job so that a few data bits can be sent each money into Dimon's chase mortgage operations account. Human manpower converted into digital potential.

The whole point of POW is that the W is something that humans can wrap their minds around.

Imagine if we somehow had some way of issuing 100 Dodo coins to every human on Earth based on their DNA signature and some alien forced us all to use Dodo coins as currency. The haves of this world would have a shit fit and the have-nots would most likely be pleased. But that's unlikely to happen.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
First of all, mining difficulty for Ethereum has gone up astronomically, then the introduction of proof of stakes consensus, coupled with drastic fall in the price of Ethereum  and now we are having in addition to the above  a reduction in the block rewards. It is going to make a lot of miners less incentive to continue and stop altogether
Activity: 294
Merit: 129
ETH needs to go POS to see itself as something viable other than the massive environmental mess that it has become in the media's eyes. The devs insist they are focusing on POS and can't be bothered to do minor forks to support decentralization (it's easy to stick 100 ASICs in a room, not so much 10K video cards).

You realize PoS is just a rich get richer scheme and regular miners wont be a part of it right? All the money will be made by people that are already holding LARGE amounts of ETH. PoS is not the answer, its one of the worst possible outcomes.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
While I was trying to enjoy my trip to Christopher Newport University I was saddened with the official confirmation that Ethereum developers simply do not care for their GPU mining community.

If you are someone that is trying to do unbiased reviews and reporting, you really shouldnt say ignorant stuff like this. Because the devs didnt bend to gpu miners greed they suddenly dont care? The goal isnt to cater to whiny gpu miners that are motivated by personal greed, the goal is to support the long term health and vision of the product itself.

I swear all of you GPU miners have this victim mentality when it comes to anything that affects profit in a way you dont like. The moment profitability is changed in any way its a bunch of whining and crying about how "x coin doesnt care about us", and "we made the coin or it would be nothing".

Heres a little secret.....its a free market.....you dont have to mine the coin if you dont like it, but please get over the 'poor us' bullshit and just move along if you dont agree with a coins principles and goals. The goal of ethereum is not just to have a profitable coin for mining, that at its best point was just a side effect of the product they are trying to create.

You act as if greed is a bad thing. Or at least the fundamental virtue beneath greed - being self sufficient. Crypto revolution has a chance at breaking away from the large world bank cartel that basically employees all of humanity into a manipulated slavery (manipulated because of all the price fixing and artificial supports). If the ETH devs did not support GPU miners greed then should we assume they caved to ASIC miner greed? Shall I just call you Jihan?

Here's a little secret. It's not a free market. In isolated bubbles it is, but the world is filled with laws that goes against fair play. One not need to any further so see Bitmain's China exodus to see that. Had ETH never seen POW and just created everything from thin air like ripple I doubt MSFT and many other techs would have even bothered jumping onboard. The capitol flow would not have been there (as paltry as it has been thus far). ETH would have been just another ripple also-ran.

If every coin would end up becoming ripple then I for one would just sell all my crypto and just cash out now and write it off as the failed experiment of my lifetime.
Activity: 81
Merit: 2
nowadays we see daps which is the future.
Not so sure I agree with this anymore. 4 years of Dapps and all we have meaningful to show for it is fucking crypto cats?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
While I was trying to enjoy my trip to Christopher Newport University I was saddened with the official confirmation that Ethereum developers simply do not care for their GPU mining community.

If you are someone that is trying to do unbiased reviews and reporting, you really shouldnt say ignorant stuff like this. Because the devs didnt bend to gpu miners greed they suddenly dont care? The goal isnt to cater to whiny gpu miners that are motivated by personal greed, the goal is to support the long term health and vision of the product itself.

I swear all of you GPU miners have this victim mentality when it comes to anything that affects profit in a way you dont like. The moment profitability is changed in any way its a bunch of whining and crying about how "x coin doesnt care about us", and "we made the coin or it would be nothing".

Heres a little secret.....its a free market.....you dont have to mine the coin if you dont like it, but please get over the 'poor us' bullshit and just move along if you dont agree with a coins principles and goals. The goal of ethereum is not just to have a profitable coin for mining, that at its best point was just a side effect of the product they are trying to create.

I also do agree with this, people are seeing price about eth, i see the tech behind it, if it was not for eth and its devs cryptos would have never got to this point, many coins today like ada, neo, eos and many others are a reflection of what eth is about, nowadays we see daps which is the future and maybe even bitcoin can get some of the eth ideals with time and if it does not then it will stagnate.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

cheer up buddy, life is too short to be so upset about one sentence I copy and pasted from my youtube video description Cheesy

As miners continue to be shafted and disregarded, you will witness the cryptocurrency ecosystem change -- and not for the better.
Activity: 294
Merit: 129

Activity: 162
Merit: 102

watching the dev stream i would say the same thing
the devs seem lazy and unwilling to try and fix mining
instead, reaching for the POS goal that has been delayed over and over and is obviously not working
i wouldnt be surprised if they never implement POS and all this has been nothing more than a speculative strategy
they are obviously all millionaires now as they would have only needed to sell a few thousand coins above 1k
Pages:
Jump to: