Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum Ship sinking!!!! - page 2. (Read 6525 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
October 14, 2015, 09:32:46 AM
True.  They only thing I am looking forward to is Augur.  Which isn't even directly under Ethereum.

Doesn't it run on the Ethereum network though.

That will make Ethereum useful.

That remains to be seen sir.  I've seen lots of hype and promises in crypto and most of them are disappointing.  The altcoins scene is exactly like the penny stocks scene. It's full of P&D's to make money out of clueless idiots.

And the way Ethereum was hyped, released, then dumped, it sure is looking just like another well executed P&D.  But we'll see what develops.  It's probably going to be another year before we something good out of this.

Of course crypto in general is a cesspool so I agree with most everything you said except that Ethereum "sure is looking just like another well executed P&D."  It could turn into a big pile of crap like everything else but the scope of the project makes it not just another typical alt P&D. A very special P&D? maybe. But I still hold out some hope for this project. Even if Augur fails miserably it is a worthy experiment.

I think Ethereum started out well.  But then for a variety of reasons they started having funding problems.  Maybe their burn rate was high, BTC crashed, who knows...  And if my theory is correct, that most of the ETH presale was bought by mostly insiders and people close to Buterin, then they were already planning how to make some of it back before the project truly fails without producing anything when all the funding is gone.

So they had no choice but to hype it up, get some publicity, get a hurried 'frontier release' ready, then dump to the clueless buyers at the exchanges.

Just like some penny stock companies, some started with a real plan but ended up doing something shady in order to survive.
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
October 14, 2015, 09:10:34 AM
True.  They only thing I am looking forward to is Augur.  Which isn't even directly under Ethereum.

That remains to be seen sir.  I've seen lots of hype and promises in crypto and most of them are disappointing.  The altcoins scene is exactly like the penny stocks scene. It's full of P&D's to make money out of clueless idiots.

And the way Ethereum was hyped, released, then dumped, it sure is looking just like another well executed P&D.  But we'll see what develops.  It's probably going to be another year before we something good out of this.

Of course crypto in general is a cesspool so I agree with most everything you said except that Ethereum "sure is looking just like another well executed P&D."  It could turn into a big pile of crap like everything else but the scope of the project makes it not just another typical alt P&D. A very special P&D? maybe. But I still hold out some hope for this project. Even if Augur fails miserably it is a worthy experiment.
legendary
October 14, 2015, 08:23:56 AM

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 14, 2015, 05:29:12 AM
True.  They only thing I am looking forward to is Augur.  Which isn't even directly under Ethereum.

legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
October 14, 2015, 04:36:57 AM
True.  They only thing I am looking forward to is Augur.  Which isn't even directly under Ethereum.

legendary
October 14, 2015, 04:29:51 AM
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
October 14, 2015, 03:41:07 AM
Lots of hype around this "platform", with little being delivered
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
October 14, 2015, 02:53:28 AM
With new crypto - it is always in that manner. You can always expecting price going down  Wink
legendary
October 14, 2015, 01:25:32 AM
Like all investments and all new companies, they tend to initially lose value. However, its value is bound to increase if the company or the project show some real potential. Much like bitcoin, if ethereum sees some real adoption it may probably rise in value in the long run.

Another worthy post for the bagholders thread. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
October 14, 2015, 12:06:54 AM
Like all investments and all new companies, they tend to initially lose value. However, its value is bound to increase if the company or the project show some real potential. Much like bitcoin, if ethereum sees some real adoption it may probably rise in value in the long run.
legendary
October 13, 2015, 08:08:19 PM
The cash burn rate of Eth will slower as it will concentrate on very  few developments in the future.

^ lol.  Are you retarded?
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
October 13, 2015, 05:46:25 PM
What is wrong with Ethereum??? I hold a couple of thousand ETH, the price has been declining for weeks now??
Should I dump or hodl???

You should have dumped the second you got them on the exchange and you would be buying in the coming weeks 1/4 of the price thus increasing your coin. You may as well hodl now the time has passed. Good luck in future trades.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
October 13, 2015, 05:42:19 PM

I think you are talking about Cayman Islands or something, the criminal heaven thing is a story from yesterday before Switzerland started to sign everything from the EU.

Its not _really_ recognized thats true, but it is recognized that if you pay $500 for something and they steal it, that they own you $500 for that.
It is not like stealing non currencys would be somehow legal.

No idea, but if there is no law for it then they could get away with it, or they could say that it was not theft, it was a maintenance cost.

If they want to run a scam, they are more clever than to outright steal the money, instead they will just take it out as maintenance fee, which is still stealing, but that looks legal that way.

Its not like its the first non profit organization that burned their funds on useless stuff.
Activity: 39
October 13, 2015, 11:12:07 AM
ETH is really no different from the scams we see littered everywhere in altcoins.

Like GEMCOIN and other ponzi schemes. I wonder why ETH is based on Switzerland, probably to avoid the US SEC, because it would instantly be red flagged and could be busted that way.

Speculation, speculation, but you gotta admit that 3 year almost and still no wallet, but yet millions of dollars already evaporated. It is a big red flag.

While i agree with most of it i dont get the part about not beeing US.

For most of us, who are not within the the US restriction, it is way more trustable if something is founded in a wealthy first world country ant not the US.
Personally i would be afraid of crazy tax regulations, fund seizures, assurance, ...

True, but Switzerland is also a criminal haven with no extradition, so if they are caught scamming, and stealing every people's money, they wont even be prosecuted.

I mean to my knowledge cryptocurrency is not even a regocnized item there, so they can steal as much as they want, nobody will come after them.

I think you are talking about Cayman Islands or something, the criminal heaven thing is a story from yesterday before Switzerland started to sign everything from the EU.

Its not _really_ recognized thats true, but it is recognized that if you pay $500 for something and they steal it, that they own you $500 for that.
It is not like stealing non currencys would be somehow legal.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!
October 13, 2015, 10:26:49 AM
The sell resistance to 0.003 is very low so it is a good time to buy ETH now.

Not at kraken.

legendary
Activity: 1344
October 13, 2015, 10:24:17 AM
I believe this is the bottom for ETH. Volume of ETH is low and this is done to scare away weak hands. The sell resistance to 0.003 is very low so it is a good time to buy ETH now.
Activity: 56
October 13, 2015, 07:50:41 AM
The cash burn rate of Eth will slower as it will concentrate on very  few developments in the future.
October 13, 2015, 07:23:43 AM
ETH is really no different from the scams we see littered everywhere in altcoins.

Like GEMCOIN and other ponzi schemes. I wonder why ETH is based on Switzerland, probably to avoid the US SEC, because it would instantly be red flagged and could be busted that way.

Speculation, speculation, but you gotta admit that 3 year almost and still no wallet, but yet millions of dollars already evaporated. It is a big red flag.

For most of us, who are not within the the US restriction, it is way more trustable if something is founded in a wealthy first world country ant not the US.
Personally i would be afraid of crazy tax regulations, fund seizures, assurance, ...

True, but Switzerland is also a criminal haven with no extradition, so if they are caught scamming, and stealing every people's money, they wont even be prosecuted.

I mean to my knowledge cryptocurrency is not even a regocnized item there, so they can steal as much as they want, nobody will come after them.
Activity: 39
October 13, 2015, 07:21:19 AM

October 13, 2015, 07:14:35 AM

Pages:
Jump to: