Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum Ship sinking!!!! - page 4. (Read 6525 times)

Activity: 722
Merit: 501
October 05, 2015, 03:54:20 PM
those that hold ETH in their portfolios presently and are so dead set against it, heres my ETH wallet..

0x17aaa85093a49fb19bd35ea2c8e612868745c926

just ship them over to me and ill give them a good home.

Cheap trick, of course noone will send you ETH and this doesn't prove your point because noone will send ETH for free if they can get at least 1 satoshi for that.

of course they wont. im just trying to illustrate how silly some of the people here sound. no currency, crypto or otherwise, will EVER have a pure value gain. there will always be bear and bull trends in the marketplace. if they truly think ETH is a scam, then why did they invest? were they coerced into investing, of course not. we make our own decisions on what to invest in, and live with the consequences for good or ill. have i made boneheaded investments that i lost out on... definitely, and more than one. sometimes you have to take a loss, or wait it out and buy again at the nadir of the price curve, or hold it and hope that it eventually pays dividends. the ONLY time its worthwhile to bitch and moan is when an exchange screws you over and takes your entire portfolio and disappears. of course, due diligence in researching the exchange is your responsibility, just as it is researching the cryptocurrencies you think about investing in. and if you cant affford to lose the money you plan on investing, dont invest. nothing is certain. and to start the FUDapalooza less than two months since ethereum began trading, its the sign of an impatient investor. and theyll NEVER make that overnight millions if they cant innovate the system themselves and instead just hope to profit off of someone elses work. its easy to yell "scam! scam! SCAM!" when things dont go your way or when someone profits more than YOU do, its much harder to take personal responsibility for ones own choices.

and i DID offer to fed-ex a kitten in exchange for their unwanted ETH. kittens are cute, ethereum to them is ugly and vile, so its a wonderful trade off. (laughs) you despereately need to recharge your sarcasm-o-meters batteries.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
October 05, 2015, 03:17:36 PM
those that hold ETH in their portfolios presently and are so dead set against it, heres my ETH wallet..

just ship them over to me and ill give them a good home.

Cheap trick, of course noone will send you ETH and this doesn't prove your point because noone will send ETH for free if they can get at least 1 satoshi for that.
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
October 05, 2015, 02:45:39 PM
im still a believer that Ethereum will hold a lot of promise. we're still only in the first stage of their planned release, and anyone who wants to make a quick fortune on ANY altcoin will be disappointed. the key to any market is patience. the fact is, while the developers may have suffered from fiscal mismanagement and have struggled to live up to the schedules they promised initially, they still have a development team that is very involved with the project.

i dont see ETH as a scam coin. i view those as the ones that are simple clones of something with no vision of innovation, the ones where the developers releases the coin, the ones with massive premines that have no justification (or instamines) and a complete lack of transparency. the ones where the developers disappear quickly after release (once theyve made their money). the fact that vitalik is remaining heavily involved and communicative is why i have faith in the currency and platform as a whole.

theyve done wonders making mining easier, and the integrated mining inthe releases has been brilliantly convenient. and although theyve failed in their ideal of keeping mining from becoming centralized in the hands of a few megaminers, the idea of ASIC-resistance is something that others who build forks and clones of ETH will improve on. theyve made a LOT of blunders, but that happens a lot more (and worse) with a lot of other altcoins.

i think a big problem with Ethereum, right now, isnt with the development team, its with the traders who expected to make themselves into instant millionaires and contributed to the decline of the currency by dumping their massively mined coins. there are no guarantees in any speculative market and until Ethereum's promise of a DAPP rich blockchain is realized, thats all ETH really is.

what would create more trust would be for vitalik, and the core development team to make their wallet addresses public so that they can be monitored by the community, and to commit to holding those funds, or placing them under slow release contracts. they have to have an incentive to continue working on the project, but there does need to be a sense of trust from the community, and full transparency in this cryptocurrency world is necessary to KEEP trust.

i can see ethereums value continuing to drop, which suits me fine because i cant mine as ridiculously many ETH as those who have two thousand dollar GPU rigs set up to take advantage of the market and i have to build my stake the old fashioned way with intelligent trading strategies. those that hold ETH in their portfolios presently and are so dead set against it, heres my ETH wallet..

just ship them over to me and ill give them a good home. i can even Fed-Ex you a kitten in return (chuckles). those who are complaining about ETH who arent holding any in their portfolio are just trolls. simple as that. they COULD use a good group of community managers who can keep a consistent message in the social media and altcoin forum world, (im available, i have a couple hours a day free aside from acting as community manager for another altcoin, ill even take payment in ETH.)
Activity: 854
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
October 03, 2015, 03:01:57 PM
IMO, ethereum doesn't hold any revolutionary qualities and shouldn't be an altcoin that one would invest for the long run.  I truly think it was meant to be a hype kind of coin for pump and dumpers to make a quick buck on.

It could hold, but it doesnt.

If they fulfill their promises and implement all those features in it, then it will be very sensational.

If they dont then it will be a pump and dump scam. I tend to think the 2nd is more likely at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
October 03, 2015, 02:22:27 AM
IMO, ethereum doesn't hold any revolutionary qualities and shouldn't be an altcoin that one would invest for the long run.  I truly think it was meant to be a hype kind of coin for pump and dumpers to make a quick buck on.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
October 03, 2015, 02:10:09 AM
^ Lol. 

If you aren't sure then you shouldn't be trading in the first place.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 03, 2015, 02:01:31 AM
if you are not sure dump or pump, you can sell 50% your ETH and hold 50%.
October 03, 2015, 12:45:32 AM
Too bad you cannot short most of the altcoins, not all exchanges allow it, certainly not the ones I`m trading at. It would be an easy bet.
legendary
October 02, 2015, 09:54:16 AM
For being what is is, I'd say that ethereum's launch wasn't as catastrophic as other launches have been. The price rebounded but it's not clear what'll be happening in the close future. While there was a lot of buzzwords and praising, I'm confident that Butterin spent more on development than advertising. The release proves the context to some extent, but as Butterin said, if no innovation comes from the community Ethereum won't be much of a success.

Check the chart since Ethereum was launched. Dump, then small rebound.Dump, small rebound.Dump, small rebound. Dump...
The direction is south. Pretty sad for the people who bought on exchanges. Many got burned.

I'll agree that some of the people who followed the laucnh hype got burned. But then again, I don't think this 'dump' can be compared to any other altcoin. WHat was usually the case with altcoins without innovation was that just days after the launch the price would have reached the bottom low as the promised woul;d have proven unreachable. Ethereum still shows potential, although the press release from Butterin saying the foundation lost $9m worth of funds was met with a 20% drop, the price somewhat recovered.

Wtf?  Did you see how much volume Ethereum had the first few days?  Over a million dollars daily.  That's how much ETH was dumped on a daily basis. Compare that to your everyday 'scam' where most would have a hunded dollars volume if you're lucky.

The extra ordinary ones go over a million in volume then *poof* volume gone in a month or two.  Then stagnate for a while.  We've seen this happen again and again.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
October 02, 2015, 06:32:40 AM
For being what is is, I'd say that ethereum's launch wasn't as catastrophic as other launches have been. The price rebounded but it's not clear what'll be happening in the close future. While there was a lot of buzzwords and praising, I'm confident that Butterin spent more on development than advertising. The release proves the context to some extent, but as Butterin said, if no innovation comes from the community Ethereum won't be much of a success.

Check the chart since Ethereum was launched. Dump, then small rebound.Dump, small rebound.Dump, small rebound. Dump...
The direction is south. Pretty sad for the people who bought on exchanges. Many got burned.

I'll agree that some of the people who followed the laucnh hype got burned. But then again, I don't think this 'dump' can be compared to any other altcoin. WHat was usually the case with altcoins without innovation was that just days after the launch the price would have reached the bottom low as the promised woul;d have proven unreachable. Ethereum still shows potential, although the press release from Butterin saying the foundation lost $9m worth of funds was met with a 20% drop, the price somewhat recovered.
legendary
October 02, 2015, 06:08:33 AM
^ Yup yup yup.  Sharks couldn't wait to dump during all the hype.  And Buterin and co. did a good job timing the 'frontier' release before the hype gets stale.  And well before the Ethereum foundation running out of money and that leaking out.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
October 02, 2015, 05:54:59 AM

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
October 02, 2015, 02:09:24 AM
October 01, 2015, 06:25:40 PM
if i were in the op's position i would sell and do my best to recover my capital etherum has been going downhill for sometime now.

And how stupid I was a few months ago. I wanted to buy this crap back then. Glad I didnt, i always suspected it to be a massive scam.

Now my suspicions are almost confirmed.
legendary
September 30, 2015, 01:41:54 AM
True.  But it's still going down.  What does that tell you?

That USD is going up?

Or the people are dumping?
legendary
Activity: 2142
September 30, 2015, 01:26:39 AM

That USD is going up?
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
September 30, 2015, 12:42:19 AM
Not that I want to criticize or argue about Ethereum, but in my opinion Ethereum was a classical "too much promise, too little results" type of coin.

Yes if they could fulfill their promises, and that is a big if, then it would be successful. But the way it is headed, i`m not seeing a bright future of it.

It could turn out to be another Paycoin.

Anyone who has tried the contracts out knows this will never be as useless as paycoin.
Activity: 504
Merit: 512
September 29, 2015, 09:44:51 PM
Not that I want to criticize or argue about Ethereum, but in my opinion Ethereum was a classical "too much promise, too little results" type of coin.

Yes if they could fulfill their promises, and that is a big if, then it would be successful. But the way it is headed, i`m not seeing a bright future of it.

It could turn out to be another Paycoin.
legendary
September 29, 2015, 09:40:41 PM
It was obvious. Last year it was sold at 2000 ETH / 1 BTC.
Well, back then the scene was different, now we have working software - back then we had only promises.
Edit: *Seemingly working software* I should say.

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
September 29, 2015, 09:36:51 PM
IT guys typically have no knowledge about economy and finance, because that is usually decided by their boss
Pages:
Jump to: