Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin - page 9. (Read 10568 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 100
April 26, 2018, 11:14:03 AM
It all started with the fact that In his interview, Roger Ver mentioned that this year bitcoin could become currency number two. I think that this makes sense. I hope that this happens. I believe in ethereum.
Activity: 246
Merit: 0
April 26, 2018, 10:31:18 AM
For me both coins are good and should not over take each other. I believe both should remain strong. Ethereum is good for payment system we can handle single transactions and make our own ledger to check and maintain , on other hand bitcoin is good for bulk distribution. So for me, both are good and both are having there own qualities.
Activity: 55
April 26, 2018, 10:21:32 AM
I doubt on this, bitcoin has a really strong headstart in terms of years and partnered merchants.
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
April 26, 2018, 10:20:32 AM
Something your predictions and do not think to come true)
When will this happen near the end of the year or in the middle? Or is it not accurate?
Activity: 191
April 26, 2018, 10:18:15 AM
It will never gonna happen, unless the cryptocurrency business is dying and near to disappear where all coins are approaching zero. Now that cryptocurrency is still on fire Bitcoin will be always be ranked as number 1.
Activity: 140
April 26, 2018, 10:16:29 AM
In the next year ETH will overtake BTC as the number 1 cryptocurrency.  I would unload your bitcoin while you still can.

by seeing while bitcoin is going down, anycoin also down. So, bitcoin is The king of crypto. it is very difficult, ethereum overtake BTC.
Activity: 868
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
April 26, 2018, 10:14:27 AM
ETH will not miss the BTC as number 1 in cryptocurrency because ETH is second only and more investors in BTC so it will not survive next year.
Activity: 336
April 26, 2018, 10:13:21 AM
These are 2 totally different coins for me, just different cases..
Bitcoin is a digital gold and a "store of value" and ethereum is like a regular cash - a convenient way of transacting and participating in different ICOs.
It's too expensive to pay some staff in bitcoin with these huge commissions per transaction. So people will use it as an instrument for storing their value. But in modern world, gold is more expensive than cash, that's why Ethereum will never overtake Bitcoin in market cap..
Activity: 13
April 26, 2018, 10:06:50 AM
i highly doubt it. at least not in the near future. maybe sometime in the long run sure
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
April 26, 2018, 10:04:39 AM
Do not exaggerate please. Now with lightning network in action Bitcoin has much faster transactions than Ethereum and with a much lower commission per transaction. Ethereum is second popular digital currency in crypto, actually success of any currency behind a competitive team and luckily etherum have which prov to that they have done
Activity: 238
April 26, 2018, 10:04:31 AM
 Bitcoin has always been first. Never has another cryptocurrency overtook btc. Bitcoin will always be number one. If bitcoin has not eliminated its shortcomings for a long time, it is quite possible that in the long term, and not next year, Ethereum could well become a contender for the place of the leader of the crypto currency. However, soon a network of lightning will be introduced into bitcoin, which is designed to eliminate the existing shortcomings of bitcoin, namely, its slowness and high transaction costs
Activity: 302
April 26, 2018, 10:04:24 AM
I think bitcoin is still incomparable because of the huge number of consumers in the bitcoon and many investors and holders just raise the price of eth but he does not care about bitcoin it's better to just hold on two ethics as well because there's It's also a good future to buy two for your profit. Well probably because the Bitcoin is the leading digital currency and it will be complex to overtake her another the Internet to currencies. It as abo ut Euro dollar currency pair when it pulls for itself all other currency pairs
Activity: 448
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
April 26, 2018, 09:12:32 AM
I don't think Ethereum can ever overtake or just even match bitcoin's market capitalization and price because bitcoin will always be dominant even in the next century. Ethereum may reach 20,000$ in proper time but Bitcoin's value may be twice or thrice of Eth's value when that time comes.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
April 26, 2018, 09:06:46 AM
In the next year ETH will overtake BTC as the number 1 cryptocurrency.  I would unload your bitcoin while you still can.

It will take more years before ethereum overtake bitcoin if it is really capable. Ethereum must grow leaps and bounds to be able to match bitcoin's growth for the past several years. Aside from ethereum, there are also some solid coins that shows potential to become frontrunner in cryptocurrency world.
Activity: 233
April 26, 2018, 08:46:26 AM
I think even Bitcoin is the first one digital currency but there still be a chance for ETH to get over it because it's really potiental.
I agree, though bitcoin and crypto-currency, but ETX as an alternative, can beat bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 34
April 26, 2018, 08:31:20 AM
I disagree ETH will overtake BTC because it's the fastest growing crypro
Activity: 76
Merit: 7
April 26, 2018, 08:29:45 AM
ethereum for now is a ticket-for-icos only. Bitcoin will always stay at first place in cryptocurrency world.

This.

Reason why ETH has had such a run up is that ICO companies are holding a whole load which in turn, reduces the supply.

I suspect that these ICO companies also switch some of the ETH they raise into BTC as it's the 'reserve' and I think this may have also triggered the bull run last year which then amplified when the masses arrived with their binance apps.

In any case, an ICO or token sale is a very innovative way of raising money globally, through the internet.
Activity: 154
April 26, 2018, 08:26:35 AM
n my opinion, this will not happen very soon, as ETH still needs to work a long time to become a worthy competitor for BTC
Activity: 308
Merit: 106
April 26, 2018, 08:23:59 AM
High considering the state of BTC, i would not be surprised if ETH overtake BTC, however do not underestimate BCH which could replace BTC
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
April 26, 2018, 08:23:39 AM
Simply based on the development of the thousand+ apps being built on top of the blockchain, it's hard to argue why it would not overtake BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: