Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum's biggest contender? - page 2. (Read 1226 times)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
August 19, 2020, 10:36:08 PM
I don't think any coin can become the ethereum killer. You see now many DeFi projects has been created.
They are using ethereum blockchain often than others, the high gas fee is the proof.
There are many good altcoins in the market, but it is hard to become ETH's contender.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 19, 2020, 02:44:38 PM
Ethereum's biggest contender? Itself.

The more Ethereum gets used, the harder it will be for Ethereum to keep getting used (due to network congestion and insane fees).
Scaling solutions should have been implemented already, not to be planned for 2021-2022.

Couldn't agree more with you, mate. Ethereum must scale quickly in order to retain its place on the market. Otherwise, its competitors will become dominant in the crypto/Blockchain industry. While no other smart contract platform is comparable as Ethereum in terms of decentralization and censorship resistance, they're highly scalable giving them a slight advantage over ETH. If we were to compare various smart contract platforms on the market today, I'd say that Cardano resembles Ethereum in every way. It might become Ethereum's biggest contender in the future if it continues to deliver as promised. But first things first. If Ethereum wants to stay ahead of the game, it's going to need to upgrade ASAP instead of delaying network upgrades. If the team keeps delaying ETH 2.0, then people will look for other alternatives in the crypto/Blockchain industry.

All in all, time will tell us if Ethereum will live up to the challenge. The competition is getting fierce as new players enter the game. Since most people prefer convenience on top of decentralization, they'll choose competing smart contract platforms such as EOS, TRON, and Cardano. Only those that are fond about decentralization/censorship resistance will use it no matter what. Most businesses and companies alike will use the platform that has the lowest fees and fastest transaction confirmation times. If ETH remains as is, it'll have a hard time competing with other smart contract platforms on the market. Just my thoughts Grin
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
August 14, 2020, 05:44:38 PM
EOS is now a day picking momentum and I see a lot of gaming projects are coming to EOS. This is really good move. Having said so, ETH is still the leader for dApps to have tokenization. The most important factor that makes ETH the leader, is its scalability and ease of use.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
August 14, 2020, 05:14:02 PM
Ethereum's biggest contender? Itself.

The more Ethereum gets used, the harder it will be for Ethereum to keep getting used (due to network congestion and insane fees).
Scaling solutions should have been implemented already, not to be planned for 2021-2022.

legendary
August 14, 2020, 02:12:23 PM
Actually Ethereum is the pace setter for smart contracts, but this doesn't mean in future there won't be any blockchain project better than Ethereum. I have so much confidence in ETH since the development so far has been nonstop, github activities proves that. For now, I'm yet to see a close match for ETH wrt smart contract, in as much as I'm a Cardano and Tron fan.

Exactly. So far, Ethereum is the most actively-developed smart contract platform in the world. Despite being slow and expensive at times, its large ecosystem of dApps and decentralized design, makes it the top choice among its competitors. Still, nothing lasts forever. If an Ethereum contender manages to become rock-solid in development and innovation, it might challenge ETH's place on the market. Most smart contract platforms have a greater level of centralization than Ethereum, making people think twice before choosing them on top of the original smart contract platform. I think Cardano is the only one that has a focus on decentralization just like Ethereum. It won't make use of DPoS for consensus, reducing the chances of becoming utterly centralized in the future (like it happened with both STEEM and TRON).

Cardano's innovative PoS algorithm could directly compete with the PoS version of Ethereum dubbed ETH 2.0. Charles Hoskinson worked with the Ethereum project before, so he has the necessary experience to make Cardano as good as Ethereum in the future. While I have to admit that development for ADA has been rather slow, it's has been doing great since its inception. This slow development phase could make Cardano secure and resilient unlike other competing smart contract platforms on the market. Neither EOS, TRON, or Tezos will be able to compete directly with Ethereum because of their utterly centralized structure. Which is why I strongly believe that Cardano is Ethereum's biggest contender in the crypto/Blockchain space. Unless another smart contract platform emerges with a focus on decentralization, Cardano will rise behind Ethereum in mainstream adoption and popularity in the not-so-distant future. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 812
Merit: 503
August 12, 2020, 05:06:09 PM
So many smart contract platforms have emerged over time, ramping up the competition for ETH. Some have claimed to be the "Ethereum Killer" (like EOS), only to fail altogether. While none have been compared to ETH in terms of decentralization and reliability, there are some projects which aim to base their development on an academic level. One of those projects is Cardano. With a focus on PoS and decentralization, it could become ETH's biggest contender in the future. Other projects like EOS and TRON may have already adopted PoS, but they're inherently centralized. Which is why, I strongly believe that Cardano could topple ETH in the not-so-distant future.

What are your thoughts? Will Cardano become Ethereum's biggest contender? If not, which smart contract platform do you think it will? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Smiley

I think that ETH will remain at the top among smart contract platforms. How many rivals he had and no one came close to him. ETH has already won a large audience and it will be very difficult to lure users to another platform. They would have managed to overtake eth if the team did not work on the coin, but they are constantly trying to improve it in contrast to other projects. So far, I don't see any rivals for ETH among the existing coins.

Actually Ethereum is the pace setter for smart contracts, but this doesn't mean in future there won't be any blockchain project better than Ethereum. I have so much confidence in ETH since the development so far has been nonstop, github activities proves that. For now, I'm yet to see a close match for ETH wrt smart contract, in as much as I'm a Cardano and Tron fan.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
August 12, 2020, 04:35:40 PM
I do think that ethereum is already one of the best, but like you metioned cardano might be a competition. Another competitor for Ethereum might be NEO, which is a chinese based platform.

People are growing increasingly aware of Chinese products and boycotting them out of ethical concerns. Let's face it, China is shit crazy and neo-authoritarian (yes that's a thing).

ETH might be big but Azure (Microsoft), Amazon, IBM all have their own blockchain platforms that are growing in features by the day. And I literally mean that. Another big name is Hyperledger. From the legit crypto world the better names that pop up in my head are Corda and Quorum.

It's still going to take a while before anything steals Ethereum's crown though—if ever.
Activity: 674
Merit: 100
August 12, 2020, 05:04:45 AM
Well I think for me one of the biggest threat and contender of ethereum coin would be the Ripple (XRP) which so happen that out-market ethereum in over a quarter last year. Ripple has a big potential to take the position of ethereum in the market which it did last time.
Activity: 307
Merit: 1
August 12, 2020, 04:28:30 AM
If you are viewing it like that then I have no problem with it but frankly speaking cardano still has a long way to go before it can be consider as the biggest
contender for Ethereum. They need to x14 first their marketcap before they can really beat Ethereum but everything is possible.

If cardano can make their way through in the future then I would be love seeing it as every currencies has a chance to be in the top like what happened to xrp that
it was able to replace eth last time.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
August 12, 2020, 01:14:20 AM
i agree with you that Cardano could win some from ethereum but i also believe that ethereum is almost to big to fail , so i think that it could live next to ethereum but i do not believe in any replacement for ethereum

Cardano is capable to replace Ethereum. But it's reputation is not that good at the moment. Early users faced a lot of difficulty in storing the ADA coins. A few years back, we had no option but to install the full wallet (Daedalus) if we want to store ADA. I understand that lite-wallets are now available for ADA, but this caused a lot of damage during the early days.
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
August 12, 2020, 12:27:59 AM
For me not even cardano can match on ethereum right now. We all knew that eth is the king of smart contract, even Binance chain that becomes hype has no match for the eth. Right now we can fill the defi and eth is the fuel to these projects. In my opinion, the market could somehow increase its cap as long as the progress on defi projects continue. Im not so sure any new project can even be contender maybe polkadot or avalanche. These two are the most top recent project that has good potential to break the ice.
Activity: 1005
Merit: 502
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
August 11, 2020, 10:37:34 PM
Although ethereum is the leader in dapps now , it is constantly coming under competition from new projects . The success of ETH depends on how scalable ETh 2.0 is going to be and how soon they implement it to ward odd the competition.
Activity: 1587
Merit: 271
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
August 11, 2020, 06:33:08 PM
So many smart contract platforms have emerged over time, ramping up the competition for ETH. Some have claimed to be the "Ethereum Killer" (like EOS), only to fail altogether. While none have been compared to ETH in terms of decentralization and reliability, there are some projects which aim to base their development on an academic level. One of those projects is Cardano. With a focus on PoS and decentralization, it could become ETH's biggest contender in the future. Other projects like EOS and TRON may have already adopted PoS, but they're inherently centralized. Which is why, I strongly believe that Cardano could topple ETH in the not-so-distant future.

What are your thoughts? Will Cardano become Ethereum's biggest contender? If not, which smart contract platform do you think it will? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Smiley

If I'm more convinced of EOS to be Ethereum's rival than Cardano. Although EOS is not as popular as Ethereum in the smartcontract field. But many tokens generated by EOS have become successful. But this is not a benchmark, because I prefer EOS compared to ADA. So I think that EOS will be more successful than ADA in the smartcontract field. Grin
legendary
July 15, 2020, 09:51:18 PM
BNB has soared in recent times and certainly one day BNB can beat ETH. Of course, there will still be a long time ahead but I believe anything is possible.

In addition to BNB, the coins such as EOS, ADA, NEO are potential competitors of ETH in the near future, so these are the investments that you should consider investing in the long term.

That's very optimistic of you. But I don't think BNB will become ETH's biggest contender because of its inherent centralization. You'd either sacrifice decentralization for performance or all the other way around. BNB sacrifices decentralization in order to have unparalleled scalability in the crypto/Blockchain space. Other competitors like EOS, TRON, and NEO are centralized just like BNB is, which greatly disqualifies them as direct competitors of ETH. The only smart contract platform that makes the difference is Cardano. After all, the project aims to become as decentralized and resilient as possible. With an academic approach to development and innovation, Cardano could become Ethereum's biggest contender in the future. Remember, "slow and steady wins the race". Cardano has been slow in development, but it has remained quite a stable cryptocurrency since its inception. This could make ADA comparable to ETH in the crypto/Blockchain space. While ETH will always be the "King of Smart Contracts", ADA could become the "Prince of Smart Contracts" as it rises all the way towards victory.

Ultimately, people will abandon centralized smart contract platforms in favor of decentralized ones for their own benefit. Only businesses and companies will patronize cryptocurrencies like TRON, EOS, NEO, and BNB because of their unmatched speeds and extremely low costs. With Blockchain interoperability, various smart contract platforms could work together in order to make the crypto world a better place. Stablecoins, and the world of De-Fi will make ETH bigger than what it is right now. Its competitors might never reach the level of popularity ETH has in the mainstream world. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 4
July 14, 2020, 04:18:45 AM

I think that ETH will remain at the top among smart contract platforms. How many rivals he had and no one came close to him. ETH has already won a large audience and it will be very difficult to lure users to another platform. They would have managed to overtake eth if the team did not work on the coin, but they are constantly trying to improve it in contrast to other projects. So far, I don't see any rivals for ETH among the existing coins.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005
July 13, 2020, 10:04:44 AM
i agree with you that Cardano could win some from ethereum but i also believe that ethereum is almost to big to fail , so i think that it could live next to ethereum but i do not believe in any replacement for ethereum
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
July 10, 2020, 10:38:25 PM
Though ETH is tough to beat right now based on the market cap if I have to bet on one coin that has the potential to surpass ETH then that's CARDANO (ADA) because their marketing game is really strong.
yes, Cardano is good enough to be an ethereum competitor. but I just hope it will happen to BNB. it will not happen anytime soon. I think it takes 5-7 years to see the development of BNB in ​​the market to become bigger.

Yes, BNB could definitely be a competitor for ETH but for now, I think CARDANO has a good head start when compared with BNB but price wise I don't think neither BNB nor ADA can beat ETH.
BNB has soared in recent times and certainly one day BNB can beat ETH. Of course, there will still be a long time ahead but I believe anything is possible.

In addition to BNB, the coins such as EOS, ADA, NEO are potential competitors of ETH in the near future, so these are the investments that you should consider investing in the long term.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
July 10, 2020, 10:14:33 PM
Apart from Cardano, I am seeing Elrond and Harmony contend with ETH most especially Elrond that can process 15,000TPS which is far ahead of ETH with a maximum of 15TPS until they are able to resolve the issue of scalability through ETH 2.0
that looks interesting to see that but erd needs to prove it. I remember credit and various blockchain platforms have been announcing more than 20k or even 100k TPS but those have become failed project without any achievements
legendary
July 10, 2020, 09:48:06 PM
EOS is still active and it didn’t fail.. If you’re following up with it you will know that.. We can’t really predict which coin will overthrow Ethereum to be at the top in the future, you can’t really tell.. We don’t even know whether there are other projects that are being planned for the future. You can’t just wake up tomorrow and see another one that is much better than the ones there is already. One thing with this is that the first to come always tops the others all the time, others can only serve as alternatives and being used for a few projects.

That's certainly true, mate. We may never know which cryptocurrency will eventually make it to the top. I've seen some cryptocurrencies come and go, as they're replaced by big players in the industry. If Ethereum fails to deliver as promised (scalability for smart contracts), then I guess its competitors will gain a huge advantage on the market. From what I can tell, both TRON and EOS have been growing in the number of dApps available on the Blockchain. ETH has first-mover advantage and the most ample variety of tokens on its blockchain network. But if companies and businesses start using scalable smart contract platforms more thoroughly, Ethereum could quickly lose market dominance. It'll be "survival of the fittest" as different smart contract platforms battle their way to victory.

As far as EOS goes, it's still alive and running since its inception back in 2018. However, it has "failed" in the sense that it's utterly centralized. We've seen how block producers have frozen accounts on the EOS blockchain before. This brings back traditional banking (Banking 2.0) on the Blockchain. Unless EOS decides to move towards complete decentralization, I don't see it going anywhere. The same goes for TRON, and other DPoS-based smart contract platforms on the crypto/Blockchain space. Only Cardano has a chance to become Ethereum's biggest contender, because it aims for decentralization more than anything else. The ADA cryptocurrency could rise in terms of market cap, becoming the third-largest cryptocurrency in the world after Ethereum. In this uncertain world of crypto, anything could happen in the future.

I differ with the following:
1. There could be multiple winners when different coins will be addressing different solutions and innovating different features.
2. With respect to main stream adoption, I guess binance coin will beat everyone else as 50% discount on fees on binance exchange and all its sister concerns must be one real time application, they are already doing.

Maybe so. Each smart contract platform will serve unique use cases for the mainstream world. Some will be good for the business industry, while others will be good for everyday people. Binance Coin ultimately wins in the business sector, because of its unmatched speeds and extremely-low costs. This is because the same is centralized. On the other hand, Ethereum is a true winner in the mainstream world because of its true decentralization and censorship-resistance. Depending on each person's needs, will be the smart contract platform to use. The competition will become fierce as more smart contract platforms come into play. Ultimately, each smart contract platform will complement Ethereum by filling the gaps whenever it's necessary. If ETH becomes too bloated, there's ample space for other smart contract platforms to thrive in the crypto/Blockchain space. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
July 10, 2020, 09:18:18 AM

I've been following updates on Cardano Shelley conference (Cardano virtual summit) and also awaiting the Shelley hardfork towards the end of this month. I wouldn't conclude that it will outperform ETH blockchain, but it's likely. I've been an old believer in Cardano, but paused when the wait was too much for remarkable development, happy to see it happening this year. I bagged some ADA recently.
Pages:
Jump to: