Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum's biggest contender? - page 3. (Read 1226 times)

Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
July 10, 2020, 08:37:40 AM
EOS is still active and it didn’t fail.. If you’re following up with it you will know that.. We can’t really predict which coin will overthrow Ethereum to be at the top in the future, you can’t really tell.. We don’t even know whether there are other projects that are being planned for the future. You can’t just wake up tomorrow and see another one that is much better than the ones there is already. One thing with this is that the first to come always tops the others all the time, others can only serve as alternatives and being used for a few projects.

EOS has no excuse to fail it raised billions of dollars,,, used it to pay tens of thousands of dollars to whitehat hackers to find their flaws, so they better not fail!

I do agree there will not be one winner and no killers. Ethereum will always have its place for the next few years and it will have many friends sitting alongside it.
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
July 10, 2020, 04:57:51 AM
All presently available smart contract projects are all successful, none is left behind because the use case is good enough, they make things easier for new projects to build their projects, I like ethereum, neo, eos and almost all available smart contract platforms in crypto space and I don't mind having them all in my portfolio.
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
July 10, 2020, 04:56:09 AM
There are many smart contract projects available and I don't think we should be putting them head to head to find out which will be better or which should be on top, it's left for developers who wants to use a smart contract Platform for their projects to choose, features can't be the same thing but that's left for devs to choose.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
July 10, 2020, 04:32:38 AM
Yes, BNB could definitely be a competitor for ETH but for now, I think CARDANO has a good head start when compared with BNB but price wise I don't think neither BNB nor ADA can beat ETH.
so, altcoin candidates who could potentially replace the ETH are ADA and BNB for now. Well, I also agree with this. it's just that, I think that ETH will not be easily defeated in terms of function, or volume. although both coins are really very useful at the moment, but I've also seen some altcoins that have exceeded ETH, it's just that ETH always takes back that position.
It was XRP which replaced ETH in the number 2 spot, but last year IIRC, it was able to take the spot back and now it was holding strong despite it has not recovered it's good price yet. The market is pretty much unpredictable, so I like to believe that it's possible other altcoins would be able to replace ETH in its spot now, beside, ETH has slowly lose its hype, price has been a little stagnant after it was corrected.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 500
July 10, 2020, 02:39:04 AM
Yes, BNB could definitely be a competitor for ETH but for now, I think CARDANO has a good head start when compared with BNB but price wise I don't think neither BNB nor ADA can beat ETH.
so, altcoin candidates who could potentially replace the ETH are ADA and BNB for now. Well, I also agree with this. it's just that, I think that ETH will not be easily defeated in terms of function, or volume. although both coins are really very useful at the moment, but I've also seen some altcoins that have exceeded ETH, it's just that ETH always takes back that position.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
July 10, 2020, 02:33:30 AM
Though ETH is tough to beat right now based on the market cap if I have to bet on one coin that has the potential to surpass ETH then that's CARDANO (ADA) because their marketing game is really strong.
yes, Cardano is good enough to be an ethereum competitor. but I just hope it will happen to BNB. it will not happen anytime soon. I think it takes 5-7 years to see the development of BNB in ​​the market to become bigger.

Activity: 845
Merit: 52
July 09, 2020, 03:24:00 AM
For the now, Ethereum has no equal when it comes to smart contract technology. Some project who migrated to Binance chain are coming back to Ethereum network due to a large number of users. Vet, ADA XLM TRON all these are good but still not a threat to Ethereum.
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
July 09, 2020, 02:12:09 AM
All ethereum contenders are all successful, EOS, Neo, Cardano and every other smart contract Blockchain projects are all doing fine, it's not a matter of who is at the top anymore, it's a matter features now, there are reasons why I would choose NEO over Ethereum, forget the fact that Ethereum is the second best
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
July 09, 2020, 02:08:15 AM
Ethereum has gone through several phases and despite the several competitors in the aspect of smart contracts protocols, ethereum has maintained her place. There was a time we had NEO was the next big project as it was Chinese base and has a huge support of China big shorts. At the end of the day, nothing came out of the project.
NEO was once considered the second Ethereum of this market, but it all stopped at the prediction because in the past few years, NEO has not had any significant improvement. Since ICOs no longer attract investors, coins like ETH and NEO are no longer chosen by investors, so they choose to sell instead of buy. I'm not sure what the future of these two coins will look like but hope that both will be better in the future.
In crypto space the people who believe on the platform and its solution also if you are able to predict future events  then you can gain big . Ethereum might have small volatility now . Crypto space is completely big volatile market . Instead of going with current trend if you really focus on ethereum 2.0 release then you never think to sell ethereum. I am not sure about NEO but ethereum will be the strong contender for near future . Once 2.0 release we cant predit the price it will sky rocket for sure.  
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
July 09, 2020, 02:06:42 AM
Though ETH is tough to beat right now based on the market cap if I have to bet on one coin that has the potential to surpass ETH then that's CARDANO (ADA) because their marketing game is really strong.
yes, Cardano is good enough to be an ethereum competitor. but I just hope it will happen to BNB. it will not happen anytime soon. I think it takes 5-7 years to see the development of BNB in ​​the market to become bigger.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
July 09, 2020, 02:02:07 AM
copper member
Activity: 1106
Merit: 0
July 09, 2020, 01:34:01 AM
ETH is currently the largest market in the cryptocurrency. It is not possible to throw it away so easily. ETH can be easily sold and purchased. It is almost heard that the ETH market may fall. But this is not true. Best wishes for ETH.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 104
CitizenFinance.io
July 07, 2020, 07:35:22 PM
Apart from Cardano, I am seeing Elrond and Harmony contend with ETH most especially Elrond that can process 15,000TPS which is far ahead of ETH with a maximum of 15TPS until they are able to resolve the issue of scalability through ETH 2.0
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
July 07, 2020, 05:42:51 PM
EOS is still active and it didn’t fail.. If you’re following up with it you will know that.. We can’t really predict which coin will overthrow Ethereum to be at the top in the future, you can’t really tell.. We don’t even know whether there are other projects that are being planned for the future. You can’t just wake up tomorrow and see another one that is much better than the ones there is already. One thing with this is that the first to come always tops the others all the time, others can only serve as alternatives and being used for a few projects.

Ultimately, there will be only one winner, and that's Ethereum. Cardano will be taking "second place" in popularity and mainstream adoption, followed by TRON, EOS, and lastly, Binance Chain.
I differ with the following:
1. There could be multiple winners when different coins will be addressing different solutions and innovating different features.
2. With respect to main stream adoption, I guess binance coin will beat everyone else as 50% discount on fees on binance exchange and all its sister concerns must be one real time application, they are already doing.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 07, 2020, 05:07:13 PM
I think Ethereum's biggest competitors are Binance and EOS. Even though Binance is not a smart contract platform, BInance has tremendous community strength, BNB marketcap might be able to overtake Ethereum later.

Binance and EOS may be superior than Ethereum in terms of scalability, but they're utterly centralized. In this sense, BNB and EOS cannot compete with Ethereum directly. It's like comparing apples vs oranges. Decentralization will ultimately prevail in the long run, since it's what makes Blockchain technology good. Despite the high fees (sometimes) and slow transaction throughput, Ethereum has been the #1 choice for dApps and tokens due to its inherently-decentralized design.

If we were to compare different smart contract platforms based on their decentralization, Cardano would prove to be a real contender against Ethereum. Whereas other alternatives rely on DPoS and other BFT algorithms for consensus, Cardano will be using pure PoS from the ground up. This allows it to obtain a greater level of decentralization than its competitors. With this in mind, Cardano might be able to become as good as Ethereum someday. If the team develops the platform as promised, ADA will become the second-most decentralized cryptocurrency after Ethereum in the smart contract space. The slow and steady development phase of the Cardano project allows it to be more stable than TRON or even EOS. Binance Chain, on the other hand, is currently more centralized than the aforementioned platforms, being completely out of question.

In the end, people will continue to use Ethereum because of its strong ecosystem of developers, dApps, and tokens. But there's room for growth for other competitors as they bring new and exciting features to the smart contract space. Ultimately, there will be only one winner, and that's Ethereum. Cardano will be taking "second place" in popularity and mainstream adoption, followed by TRON, EOS, and lastly, Binance Chain. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
July 07, 2020, 01:34:22 PM
It is possible that BNB or TRON will surpass ETH in the future if they continue to grow like at the moment. I am currently investing in these altcoins and hope the price will one day go up and bring more profits to investors.

Tron is doing great right now and with a CEO like Justin Sun expect a lot of surprise I vert bullish that Tron will land in the top 7, their platform are doing great and they are accumulating a lot of assets, Binance is great and these two coins with their CEO are going to battle in the top position, so better include these two coins in your portfolio they will surely deliver.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
July 07, 2020, 09:28:33 AM
Ethereum has gone through several phases and despite the several competitors in the aspect of smart contracts protocols, ethereum has maintained her place. There was a time we had NEO was the next big project as it was Chinese base and has a huge support of China big shorts. At the end of the day, nothing came out of the project.
Activity: 518
Merit: 23
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 07, 2020, 09:04:14 AM
As far as I can see it, I see Ethereum as another successful Cryptocurrency compare to Bitcoin. It made a name for itself and I think Ethereum will really be the closest thing to Bitcoin in my point of view. For Ethereum, there are really a lot of alternate Cryptocurrency that wants to overtake it but doing so made them realize that they still need some development in their own platforms. I just guess they need to focus on improving their own platforms instead of taking down other Cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
July 07, 2020, 08:55:18 AM
It is possible that BNB or TRON will surpass ETH in the future if they continue to grow like at the moment. I am currently investing in these altcoins and hope the price will one day go up and bring more profits to investors.
This is more than 100x times i have seen someone who has stated like you dude. A few years ago when tron and EOS has been getting alive as a new platforms and i have been seeing so many people were saying like this but it's not happening till this time. i could say that's impossible to happen.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
July 07, 2020, 08:35:25 AM
Ethereum's definite competitor in my opinion is Ripple, top 2 and 3 are always tight competitors, but now Ripple is still asleep, if this giant wakes up then I am sure XRP can be in the top 3 again
There will not be any altcoins that can compete with ETH, sometimes we see XRP surpass ETH because the price of ETH collapses too much. But that situation did not last long, ETH quickly rose and regained its No. 2 position
Pages:
Jump to: