Pages:
Author

Topic: ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1 - page 36. (Read 397363 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
June 24, 2016, 03:32:38 AM
anyone can help me ?
trying to delete dag and running genoil but i get this problem
i have tried re-instal driver but i get same problem.

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
June 21, 2016, 02:10:32 PM
Holy shit, wolf is selling to normal plebs?!?! *gasp* What has the world come to?

Always have, just not the top end algos, usually. SIB/SPR I'm fine with.
copper member
Activity: 64
Merit: 36
June 23, 2016, 08:43:54 PM
Swiss Crypto Mining & Mining Pools

Stratum V2 Support for Ethminer-Genoil Added!

Our unique stratum code supports both Stratum V1 & V2 on the same ports, no need to set anything special. Both V2 from Ethminer-Genoil or V1 from Eth-Proxy will work on the same port!!!

Use the following example code below to mine using Stratum V2 on our pool:

AMD
Code:
ethminer -G -SV 2 -S pool.alpereum.ch:3001 -O 0xfB6916095ca1df60bB79Ce92cE3Ea74c37c5d359.WorkerName

Nvidia
Code:
ethminer -U -SV 2 -S pool.alpereum.ch:3001 -O 0xfB6916095ca1df60bB79Ce92cE3Ea74c37c5d359.WorkerName

Locations:

Pool.Alpereum.ch - Europe
USA.Alpereum.ch - North America
Asia.Alpereum.ch - Asia

Multiple Static Diff Ports:
3000 - 500 Million Diff
3001 - 1 Billion Diff
3002 - 2 Billion Diff
3003 - 3 Billion Diff
3004 - 4 Billion Diff
3005 - 5 Billion Diff
3006 - 6 Billion Diff
3007 - 7 Billion Diff
3008 - 8 Billion Diff
3009 - 9 Billion Diff
3010 - 10 Billion Diff
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
June 23, 2016, 08:14:56 PM
1.1.7 is out. Adds support for pools using eth-proxy-style stratum. Main reason to support it is because of the upcoming choice between soft-fork or not. Supporting more pools will allow users to choose between more pools that choose the path they support, without having to change to a different mining client.

Removed flags:
-SV (replaced by -SC)
-ES (superseded by -SP)

Added flags
-SC [n] Where n is 1 (async, default) or 2 (sync) stratum client. async uses a bit more CPU but has working --work-timeout, wheras sync client doesn't have that (yet).
-SP [n] Where n is 0 (stratum, default), 1 (eth-proxy) or 2 (nicehash). Stratum protocol to use.
-SE [e] Where e is email address. Used by eth-proxy. In some pools (like nano) you can also add it to the worker name using /.

Example dwarfpool:

ethminer.exe -U -S eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -SP 1 -O 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d.worker -SE [email protected]

https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/tree/110/releases

Yes it could still have bugs, tested major pools (dwarf, f2, nano) with success, but something may have slipped through. Thanks for testing!

is it possible to use a primary pool with stratum and a failover pool with ethproxy ?  (ethermine + dwarfpool for example)
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
June 23, 2016, 06:32:04 PM
I'll see if I can do a chunky 1.0.8 or perhaps even 1.1 with 3 or 4 x 512MB chunks.

I like making old stuff work  Grin

I have a question regarding old stuff I have a GPU that is 2GB ram x2 dual gpu in one when using mine reads as 2x gpus and read at 1024 GB ram per cpu. Am guessing this will no longer work due to DAG filesize now?
It was only the wind.
June 21, 2016, 11:32:00 AM
i was wondering it's possible to integrate the ethereum miner in a ultimate miner with all the other algo together? or something is preventing this?

It's possible, although a LARGE pain. It's not like creating NiceHash Miner - just take a dozen binaries and put a scripted GUI over them - to do it right takes a long time and effort.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
June 23, 2016, 06:29:12 PM
I've been getting this error now for the past week with 1.1.3 and 1.1.6 , it occurs randomly between 6-48 hours after starting the miner.

m  09:02:48|main  Mining on PoWhash #5b2a9aa9 : 15.71MH/s [A124+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  09:02:50|main  Mining on PoWhash #5b2a9aa9 : 14.67MH/s [A124+0:R0+0:F0]
CUDA error in func 'ethash_cuda_miner::search' at line 346 : an illegal memory a
ccess was encountered.
  X  09:02:52|cudaminer0  Error CUDA mining: an illegal memory access was encoun
tered
  m  09:02:52|main  Mining on PoWhash #5b2a9aa9 : 10.48MH/s [A124+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  09:02:54|main  Mining on PoWhash #5b2a9aa9 : 0.00MH/s [A124+0:R0+0:F0]
  i  09:02:55|stratum  Received new job #b7cdf5ca

After that it just hangs and won't do anything until i stop and restart the miner. This is on Windows 8

Any idea what's causing this?
Memory allocation related? Too much OC? Is the card starting to fail? Is some other software interefering with the miner or miner code reelated?

Been having the same issue.. Miner just freezes after 2 or more hours.  Unable to Ctrl-C out of the window and forced to close. 
Been working on a script to email me when it goes down (Ethminer or Geth) and possibly reboot because this is becoming such an issue... One good thing about using a pool is the notifications. Also see issues with Geth when you lose internet it does not seem to reconnect requiring a restart as well...  Mining is so much fun. lol

Same.  Have you tried switching back to 1.0.8?

Happens on both versions for me.. This is not new with 1.1.x
Running R9 290x's...
Activity: 202
Merit: 104
June 23, 2016, 05:55:53 PM
I'll see if I can do a chunky 1.0.8 or perhaps even 1.1 with 3 or 4 x 512MB chunks.

Cool, and thanks for the other stratum protocol support. That's awesome!
It was only the wind.
June 21, 2016, 09:12:43 AM
I'm getting close to stamping my Hawaii code with a release version - I've completely rewritten the entire ethash kernel neatly and cleanly, on top of eliminating ALL LDS usage and gaining a wave in flight.

Then, I guess, porting to Tonga/Fiji... Stupid new memory addressing.

Anyways, showing high 8 percent to low 9 percent increase on 290X.
Hi, do you plan to share it?  Wink

I plan to sell it, yeah. Might make an announcement or something - not sure how to do it. If someone's willing to pay, I can hurry up with Fiji, too.

how about the hashrate on neoscrypt and lyrav2 on amd with your best miner version? what would be the price exactly? but i know already that it will be expensive...maybe a small donation from many people would help

I haven't worked on those in a while - since I sold it to NiceHash - but I have a feeling at least NeoScrypt can get quite a bit better...

Using some of GCN's lesser known abilities would probably do it, but it's a real pain for EVERY different chip.

mmh ok...are you including a sib perf increase and an optimized spreadcoin for amd also?

I think I can dig up copies of SIB and... I might have SPR somewhere.

just asking, because my priority is not having a limited miner, i want to be able to mine everything if one algo sink into the ground

sort of an ultimate miner is always good to have

About SPR, though, I've got a record from when I did it (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/spreadwolf-12172015.png

good hashrate on that 290, better than a 970 with the sp private, is this miner only private?

Yup.

Would that miner you have work on Pascal too? Have 1070s and a 1080

I'm preparing an announcement post for a few places with more details, but short answer is no. It's strictly written for AMD currently.
Activity: 438
June 23, 2016, 05:51:28 PM

Activity: 202
Merit: 104
June 23, 2016, 05:08:31 PM
1.1.7 is out. Adds support for pools using eth-proxy-style stratum. Main reason to support it is because of the upcoming choice between soft-fork or not. Supporting more pools will allow users to choose between more pools that choose the path they support, without having to change to a different mining client.

Removed flags:
-SV (replaced by -SC)
-ES (superseded by -SP)

Added flags
-SC [n] Where n is 1 (async, default) or 2 (sync) stratum client. async uses a bit more CPU but has working --work-timeout, wheras sync client doesn't have that (yet).
-SP [n] Where n is 0 (stratum, default), 1 (eth-proxy) or 2 (nicehash). Stratum protocol to use.
-SE [e] Where e is email address. Used by eth-proxy. In some pools (like nano) you can also add it to the worker name using /.

Example dwarfpool:

ethminer.exe -U -S eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -SP 1 -O 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d.worker -SE [email protected]

Yes it could still have bugs, tested major pools (dwarf, f2, nano) with success, but something may have slipped through. Thanks for testing!

Using your chunky V1.0.7. The only version which works with my two ancient HD 6950. Slow and inconsistent but it works. Thank you.

Cool, thx Smiley. How big is the DAG these days? This chunky 1.0.7 was really just a sketch to test chunking, if I remember well, it should break after the DAG hits 1.5GB. Also, it is possible to make it faster by using bigger chunks. But that's not configurable in 1.0.7-chunky...
How would I be able to build the equivalent for linux?
It was only the wind.
June 21, 2016, 08:19:15 AM
I'm getting close to stamping my Hawaii code with a release version - I've completely rewritten the entire ethash kernel neatly and cleanly, on top of eliminating ALL LDS usage and gaining a wave in flight.

I plan to sell it, yeah. Might make an announcement or something - not sure how to do it. If someone's willing to pay, I can hurry up with Fiji, too.

how about the hashrate on neoscrypt and lyrav2 on amd with your best miner version? what would be the price exactly? but i know already that it will be expensive...maybe a small donation from many people would help

I haven't worked on those in a while - since I sold it to NiceHash - but I have a feeling at least NeoScrypt can get quite a bit better...

Using some of GCN's lesser known abilities would probably do it, but it's a real pain for EVERY different chip.

mmh ok...are you including a sib perf increase and an optimized spreadcoin for amd also?

just asking, because my priority is not having a limited miner, i want to be able to mine everything if one algo sink into the ground

About SPR, though, I've got a record from when I did it (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/spreadwolf-12172015.png

good hashrate on that 290, better than a 970 with the sp private, is this miner only private?

Yup.
Activity: 605
June 23, 2016, 04:50:22 PM
I think it's around 1.3GB if I remember correctly... My both HD 6950 are 2 GB cards but seem to have hard-set max buffer size limit of 512 MB I could not extend with SETX command. I was amazed your chunky miner actually worked. Good job :-)
June 23, 2016, 04:36:11 PM

Removed flags:
-SV (replaced by -SC)
-ES (superseded by -SP)

Added flags

Example dwarfpool:

Using your chunky V1.0.7. The only version which works with my two ancient HD 6950. Slow and inconsistent but it works. Thank you.

Cool, thx Smiley. How big is the DAG these days? This chunky 1.0.7 was really just a sketch to test chunking, if I remember well, it should break after the DAG hits 1.5GB. Also, it is possible to make it faster by using bigger chunks. But that's not configurable in 1.0.7-chunky...
It was only the wind.
June 21, 2016, 08:11:12 AM

It was only the wind.
June 21, 2016, 07:56:07 AM
i'm with 970 right now but...i'm waiting for the new amd to come out before deciding...

i guess i might go with the new amd, if support for nvidia drop out, unless you will focus on nvidia also, sp is retiring he say....

btw about sib, is optimized right, what is the hashrate on a 390 for example?
[/quote

Well shit. I searched my site for records and couldn't find a single one for SIB. Leave me a PM, I'll get back to you.
Activity: 605
June 23, 2016, 04:25:08 PM

Removed flags:
-SV (replaced by -SC)
-ES (superseded by -SP)

Added flags

Example dwarfpool:

June 23, 2016, 03:44:12 PM
Can you point me in right direct to using stratum v2 what new comand do I use for stratum V2 support ? would config be  -SC 2 ? to support stratum V2??

yes. you know it works when it just says "Connected!" instead of "Connected to stratum server at blah blah"
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
June 23, 2016, 03:28:33 PM
Can you point me in right direct to using stratum v2 what new comand do I use for stratum V2 support ? would config be  -SC 2 ? to support stratum V2??
It was only the wind.
June 21, 2016, 07:36:53 AM

just asking, because my priority is not having a limited miner, i want be able to mine everything if one algo sink into the ground

I guess I'd let SIB go for relatively cheap - SPR also, if I can find it. Platform? GPU core types?
Pages:
Jump to: