Pages:
Author

Topic: ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1 - page 80. (Read 397360 times)

Activity: 201
Merit: 102
April 02, 2016, 01:03:36 PM
i need to know what farm check does exactly, it seems that my earning is increase with this set to 100

The farm check is the time interval the ethminer check for the new work. So if you decrease, the response time will be faster.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
April 02, 2016, 11:07:29 AM
Sent you 10 ETH for motivation.

Using 1.0.6 with stratum right now, seems to be the most "stable" one for my platforms.

PS put me on the private kernel list Smiley

Thanks! Much appreciated! Donators automatically get on that list, although I cant promise the kernel ever comes Wink

I sent you 10 ETH to support your work in the miner. I wish you achieve some opencl improvement as well, count on me for any testing needed. An if you work on a special opencl kernel, count on me for the list Wink
Activity: 196
April 02, 2016, 06:02:22 AM
ubuntu 14.04 cuda-7.5 and use cmake -DCOMPUTE=30 -DBUNDLE=cudaminer .. from cpp-ethereum/build
with: installed
apt-get install  build-essential fakeroot dh-make debconf execstack dh-modaliases dkms pkg-config
apt-get install libtool libncurses5-dev libcryptopp-dev libleveldb-dev libjsoncpp-dev libargtable2-dev libjson-rpc-cpp-dev
apt-get install libmicrohttpd-dev libreadline-dev libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config  libssl-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils
apt-get install -f libsdl2-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libgmp-dev cpuid

[ 65%] Building NVCC (Device) object libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir/ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o
cd /root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir && /usr/bin/cmake -E make_directory /root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir//.
cd /root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir && /usr/bin/cmake -D verbose:BOOL=1 -D build_configuration:STRING=Release -D generated_file:STRING=/root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir//./ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o -D generated_cubin_file:STRING=/root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir//./ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.cubin.txt -P /root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir//ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.cmake
-- Removing /root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir//./ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o
/usr/bin/cmake -E remove /root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir//./ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o
-- Generating dependency file: /root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir//ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.NVCC-depend
/usr/bin/nvcc -M -D__CUDACC__ /root/cpp-ethereum/libethash-cuda/ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu -o /root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir//ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.NVCC-depend -ccbin /usr/bin/gcc-4.8 -m64 -DETH_JSONRPC -DETH_READLINE -DETH_MINIUPNPC -DETH_ETHASHCL -DETH_ETHASHCUDA -DETH_STRATUM -DETH_CPUID -DETH_CURL -DETH_FRONTIER -DETH_TRUE -Xcompiler ,\"-std=c++11\",\"-Wall\",\"-Wno-unknown-pragmas\",\"-Wextra\",\"-Wno-error=parentheses\",\"-pedantic\",\"-DSHAREDLIB\",\"-fPIC\",\"-fuse-ld=gold\",\"-O3\",\"-DNDEBUG\",\"-DETH_RELEASE\" --std=c++11 --disable-warnings --ptxas-options=-v -use_fast_math -lineinfo -gencode arch=compute_30,code=sm_30 -O3 -DNVCC -I/usr/include -I/root/cpp-ethereum/build2/gen -I/root/cpp-ethereum/build2 -I/root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda -I/usr/include -I/root/cpp-ethereum/libethash-cuda/..
nvcc fatal   : Unknown option '-std'
CMake Error at ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o.cmake:206 (message):
  Error generating
  /root/cpp-ethereum/build2/libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir//./ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o

make[2]: *** [libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir/ethash-cuda_generated_ethash_cuda_miner_kernel.cu.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cpp-ethereum/build2'
make[1]: *** [libethash-cuda/CMakeFiles/ethash-cuda.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cpp-ethereum/build2'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Activity: 224
April 02, 2016, 03:54:22 AM
i need to know what farm check does exactly, it seems that my earning is increase with this set to 100
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
April 02, 2016, 12:29:01 AM
Just a heads up, I cant get -E old / all  to work on windows, the miner just crashes on start.

mine looks like this on my shortcut.  "C:\Program Files\Athereum 0.9.41\Release\ethminer.exe" --farm-recheck 200 -G -E old -F http://192.168.1.13:8546/miner/90/asrock --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384 -t 4    

i havent seen where you need the /all  maybe i missed something..  

Best Regards
Doug

oh that was just a sentence structure placeholder for AND/OR =P
I mean I tried both old AND/OR all

I placed my -E old at the end of the miner arguments, it shouldnt matter but maybe it does ... actually...I know it doesnt, because I tried ethminer -E old ... without any other arguments. It still crashed on start.

check that you have the latest version. want to say its 1.06b2 or something like that.. the first 1.06 i think had an issue where if you used the argument and there was no dags then it crashed  try it without the -E  once it creates the new dags then try with it.. sorry i cant help you further..  https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/tree/pick-devices/releases

Best Regards
Doug
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
April 01, 2016, 05:35:44 PM
Just a heads up, I cant get -E old / all  to work on windows, the miner just crashes on start.

mine looks like this on my shortcut.  "C:\Program Files\Athereum 0.9.41\Release\ethminer.exe" --farm-recheck 200 -G -E old -F http://192.168.1.13:8546/miner/90/asrock --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384 -t 4    

i havent seen where you need the /all  maybe i missed something..  

Best Regards
Doug

oh that was just a sentence structure placeholder for AND/OR =P
I mean I tried both old AND/OR all

I placed my -E old at the end of the miner arguments, it shouldnt matter but maybe it does ... actually...I know it doesnt, because I tried ethminer -E old ... without any other arguments. It still crashed on start.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
April 01, 2016, 02:54:36 PM
Just a heads up, I cant get -E old / all  to work on windows, the miner just crashes on start.

mine looks like this on my shortcut.  "C:\Program Files\Ethereum 0.9.41\Release\ethminer.exe" --farm-recheck 200 -G -E old -F http://192.168.1.13:8546/miner/90/asrock --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384 -t 4   

i havent seen where you need the /all  maybe i missed something.. 

Best Regards
Doug
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
April 01, 2016, 02:08:54 PM
If this is not the correct place to ask this question, please let me know.

First off, big thanks to Genoil on this work; I am using the latest version with great success and better hashing than before. Thanks again!

The issue I am having is related to what I believe to be ULPS. I have a 280x and a 270x in a machine and the 280x runs fine; however, the 270x is only running at a core clock of 150 Mhz and a memory clock of the same. I have disabled ULPS in the registry and Afterburner. When I reboot and attempt to run ethminer the system bluescreens (I cannot see this occur, but on reboot it says it in the dialog box from Windows). Then I attempt to use ethminer and it works fine, but again at 150 MHz for the 270x. Also, if it matters, I cannot see the BIOS any longer when the system boots (since I added the 270x). Also, the 270x is using a USB powered riser a 750w power supply, and a fresh install of the ATI drivers and Windows.

What am I doing wrong here and what could I do to attempt to fix it? Power Limit is set to Max, PCIe link state power management is disabled, enablecrossfireautolink is set to 0, and EnableULPS is disabled in the registry. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

EDIT: So I solved my own issue. First, I disconnected the second card to boot into the BIOS and set the primary display to PCIe. This solved the problem of not being able to see the boot screen. Then, I booted into Safemode and ran Display Driver Uninstaller from guru3d.com. Rebooted a few times and then reinstalled the latest AMD drivers. After rebooting then I reinstalled MSI Afterburner, disabled UPLS, rebooted, and it just worked. I ran ethminer and now I am happyly hashing away at the correct clock speeds. Maybe some of this will help out others, but the bottom line, uninstall the drivers THEN install your new card(s) to start mining.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
April 01, 2016, 01:52:11 PM
Just a heads up, I cant get -E old / all  to work on windows, the miner just crashes on start.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
March 30, 2016, 01:53:02 PM
Lolz even some 2gb cards are worthless for eth mining. 1Gb for eth!!!! Naaaaaaaah
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
March 30, 2016, 08:18:26 AM
If you have only 1GB of GPU RAM, there's no point trying.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
March 30, 2016, 08:08:54 AM

How much RAM does the GPU have? 1GB is not enough.
You'll want to use my fork and use the -U flag instead of -G to run in CUDA mode. CUDA doesn't need any of the setx settings.
If I'm not mistaken, this VC has only 1GB vram. But i'll still try your suggestion.

Hi can anyone verify if my set is good for eth mining?
Core i7-3770
4 GB RAM
nVidia GTX 650 vc
Windows 7 x64

No.
Foer Ether you need at least Maxwell cores (750) or newer
Notice that 760 is Kepler - a 760Ti makes 8.8MH/s atm, but its better to mine other altcoin
I see, thanks for clearing. But i'll try genoil's suggestion first and if it still didn't work out, i'll leave eth mining until i got a recommended hardware.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
March 30, 2016, 07:47:03 AM
But, why?!
This way you need more raM & cpu
Activity: 602
March 30, 2016, 07:23:05 AM
The stratum part of ethminer.genoil 1.0.6 seems to be a bit unstable.

I have 4 different threads and they stops randomly to report to the pool even if they are actively hashing.

Strange..

i know..it's hard to debug. i hope to find some time to make it more stable.

what do you mean with 4 different threads exactly? 4 GPU mining threads?

I run a dedicated ethminer for each card in certain rigs. These randomly stops reporting to pool via stratum.

Qtminer is the only only that accually works stable for more than 2-3 days for me.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
March 30, 2016, 07:01:14 AM
Core i7-3770
4 GB RAM
nVidia GTX 650 vc
Windows 7 x64

No.
Foer Ether you need at least Maxwell cores (750) or newer
Notice that 760 is Kepler - a 760Ti makes 8.8MH/s atm, but its better to mine other altcoin
March 30, 2016, 06:44:56 AM
Core i7-3770
4 GB RAM
nVidia GTX 650 vc
Windows 7 x64

Because I'm still getting this error:
"Creating one big buffer for the DAG Allocating/mapping single buffer failed with: clCreateBuffer(-4). GPU can't allocate the DAG in a single chunk. Bailing. clEnqueueWriteBuffer(-38)"

Even if I already did these:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 95
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 95

I'm new to eth mining and I want to try it on my extra rig.

Thanks.

How much RAM does the GPU have? 1GB is not enough.
You'll want to use my fork and use the -U flag instead of -G to run in CUDA mode. CUDA doesn't need any of the setx settings.
Activity: 546
March 30, 2016, 05:54:17 AM
Core i7-3770
4 GB RAM
nVidia GTX 650 vc
Windows 7 x64

Because I'm still getting this error:
"Creating one big buffer for the DAG Allocating/mapping single buffer failed with: clCreateBuffer(-4). GPU can't allocate the DAG in a single chunk. Bailing. clEnqueueWriteBuffer(-38)"

Even if I already did these:

I'm new to eth mining and I want to try it on my extra rig.

Thanks.
March 29, 2016, 09:23:53 PM

I have 4 different threads and they stops randomly to report to the pool even if they are actively hashing.

Strange..

i know..it's hard to debug. i hope to find some time to make it more stable.

what do you mean with 4 different threads exactly? 4 GPU mining threads?
Activity: 602
March 29, 2016, 07:51:47 PM

Strange..
Activity: 203
March 28, 2016, 01:53:45 PM

this settings worked.
Pages:
Jump to: