Author

Topic: Euro 2016 - page 110. (Read 96769 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
June 23, 2016, 06:51:55 AM
I managed to find a odds table for Euro 2016 (based on WiliamHill's site) - Tournament Winner:

4/1  France
4/1  Germany
11/2  Belgium
6/1  Spain
8/1  England
9/1  Croatia
10/1  Portugal
16/1  Italy
20/1  Poland
20/1  Wales
40/1  Switzerland
66/1  Hungary
100/1  Iceland
100/1  Republic of Ireland
200/1  Northern Ireland
200/1  Slovakia

What is interesting to see is that team with the lowest chance of winning Euro 2016, according to bookmakers is Slovakia and Northen Ireland (I was expecting an Iceland here).
And France is now tied with Germany (and France was leading in the odds tables before Euro).
This year Euro really provide great entertainment, some teams shocked the world such as iceland and slovakia that played quite well against the big team, some of the big teams really have a poor performance such as portugal, sweden, but for me, I predicted Spain is going to win this cup
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014
June 23, 2016, 06:32:27 AM
Told you guys about the italy v ireland match, check back and see what i said.  For next round i will pick the following teams:

Switzerland vs Poland
Wales vs Northend Ireland
Croatia vs Portugal
France vs Rep of Ireland
Germany vs Slovakia
Hungary vs Belgium
Italy vs Spain
England vs Iceland

Most of those picks should come in, we will see.
Don't be so sure about Portugal Wink
if you look at the game when the Portugal in the group stage, they were not too good and never won. while Croatia played well. so I am confident Croatia will beat Portugal. you do not see because Portugal has the world's best players such as Ronaldo, but should be viewed as a whole team. ,
legendary
Activity: 1400
June 23, 2016, 06:20:19 AM
I managed to find a odds table for Euro 2016 (based on WiliamHill's site) - Tournament Winner:

4/1  France
4/1  Germany
11/2  Belgium
6/1  Spain
8/1  England
9/1  Croatia
10/1  Portugal
16/1  Italy
20/1  Poland
20/1  Wales
40/1  Switzerland
66/1  Hungary
100/1  Iceland
100/1  Republic of Ireland
200/1  Northern Ireland
200/1  Slovakia

What is interesting to see is that team with the lowest chance of winning Euro 2016, according to bookmakers is Slovakia and Northen Ireland (I was expecting an Iceland here).
And France is now tied with Germany (and France was leading in the odds tables before Euro).
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
EtherSphere - Social Games
June 23, 2016, 06:09:31 AM
Hungary will probably play it safe, and portugal will work hard to win this match

They need to win this game, they need 3 points and the best thing of all will be ronaldo needs to score. Ronaldo has to show that he is a top superstar outside of real madrid as well and this is his chance to prove it, so far he has shown nothing but dissapointment, a missed penalty is the worst thing that ronaldo will ever do in an international stage like this
I hope ronaldo can show his ability, because only a victory that could make Portugal leads the group, place a bet to win portugal
Ronaldo has not scored yet in this completion and I don't expect him to start all the sudden. Maybe the team will not even dress him for this failure to do so far Tongue
Hungry is better choice here to make. Wink

I not agree with you at this point. Ronaldo had a lot of big occasions in every match to score a goal,even a penalty but he had badluck. If he is strong enough mentally he can even score a hattrick tonight. Smiley
Well almost a 3 goals. I was totally off on this one. Lost on my bets on un goals too. The game was unexpect by many people on the score.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1469
June 23, 2016, 06:04:36 AM
Well , Wales is infront of a great opportunity to pass to the quarter final round , it will be a big success for them if they do , because it is the first time they participate in this competion , and I think they can qualify , further more , if they win they will confront Belgium ( most likely ) , not very difficult , let us see what will happen , the EURO already started .

Yeah wales did good and showed that they are not a one-man army.Anyway Wales are not the only one that surprised me passing to next round .Hungary is the one who surprised me a lot. They don't have much known players and their chances of progressing to next round was very slim.But they made it .Glad for them .From now onwards will be cheering for Hungary just like I did for Leicester City for EPL when they went  quite a nice start in previous EPL season. Smiley
Activity: 924
June 23, 2016, 05:46:32 AM
Well , Wales is infront of a great opportunity to pass to the quarter final round , it will be a big success for them if they do , because it is the first time they participate in this competion , and I think they can qualify , further more , if they win they will confront Belgium ( most likely ) , not very difficult , let us see what will happen , the EURO already started .
Activity: 644
June 23, 2016, 05:21:51 AM
I am pretty sure about France, Spain, Switzerland and Wales will win their matches there and France will be into final match.
france is good so yes we will expect more from them and see them play in the finals good luck guys.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003
June 23, 2016, 05:18:45 AM
I am pretty sure about France, Spain, Switzerland and Wales will win their matches there and France will be into final match.
Activity: 508
Jahaha
June 23, 2016, 05:05:58 AM
Told you guys about the italy v ireland match, check back and see what i said.  For next round i will pick the following teams:

Switzerland vs Poland
Croatia vs Portugal
France vs Rep of Ireland
Germany vs Slovakia
Hungary vs Belgium
Italy vs Spain
England vs Iceland

Croatia will surely beat Portugal. They've got a strong and well rounded team. Also, Italy will surely beat Spain. Their style is just the one which can beat Spain quite easily.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
June 23, 2016, 05:04:45 AM
Portugal - Croatia Croatia to win
Engand-Iceland i expect very good game,will be not easy for England
Italy-Spain it could be final,1-1 penalties
Finally tournament begin
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
June 23, 2016, 04:58:50 AM

Switzerland vs Poland
Croatia vs Portugal
France vs Rep of Ireland
Germany vs Slovakia
Hungary vs Belgium
Italy vs Spain
England vs Iceland

Activity: 826
Merit: 523
June 23, 2016, 04:57:30 AM
We will miss the EURO matches today and tomorrow , but seems the second round has only two matches are difficult to expect , Portugal VS Croatia and Spain VS Italy , the other matches are easy to know who will qualify , maybe the 3rd place is better for Potugal than playing with Belgium .
legendary
Activity: 1050
June 23, 2016, 04:47:49 AM
Hungary play in knockout phase,what a dream. look they can repeat their glory, in 1950 Hungary is one of the strongest teams, very interesting would they have fared equally well with leicester.
they return to euro after 44 years , and what a come back they have did this year!
unfortunately in 16 knockout stage they have to play against belgium , one of black horse in this competition.
a little doubt they can beat belgium to go for next round.
Activity: 714
Me, myself and I
June 23, 2016, 04:15:58 AM
Hungary play in knockout phase,what a dream. look they can repeat their glory, in 1950 Hungary is one of the strongest teams, very interesting would they have fared equally well with leicester.
Activity: 546
June 23, 2016, 04:05:52 AM

Switzerland vs Poland
Croatia vs Portugal
France vs Rep of Ireland
Germany vs Slovakia
Hungary vs Belgium
Italy vs Spain
England vs Iceland

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
June 23, 2016, 03:55:26 AM
Group stage has just finished, and the next round of 16 has been announced.

Switzerland vs Poland
Croatia vs Portugal
France vs Rep of Ireland
Germany vs Slovakia
Hungary vs Belgium
Italy vs Spain
England vs Iceland
Which teams has the best chance to go Quarter-Finals in your opinion?
Congratulations to all teams which managed to advance to 'Round of 16' of this tournament. But I have to admit that we have some unusual situation here.
I would never imagine some teams like North Ireland and Iceland advancing to this phase I am surprised with Slovakia and Ireland as well.

My predictions:

Switzerland vs Poland
Croatia vs Portugal
France vs Rep of Ireland
Germany vs Slovakia
Hungary vs Belgium
Italy vs Spain
England vs Iceland

Matches I predict could create some potential upsets are: Poland vs Switzerland, Croatia vs Portugal, Italy vs Spain
legendary
Activity: 1484
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
June 23, 2016, 03:35:56 AM

Switzerland vs Poland
Croatia vs Portugal
France vs Rep of Ireland
Germany vs Slovakia
Hungary vs Belgium
Italy vs Spain
England vs Iceland

finally all strong teams in europe goes to 16 round and my predictions the teams will goes to the Quarter-Final

Wales, Poland, Portugal, France, Germany, Hungary, Spain, and England

man iceland overdid it in my opinion they are just great team to see passing trough group stage

on some matches we will have some favorites out from next game will it be Italy or Spain, Croatia or Portugal, on some matches think that England and France got on paper easiest opponents
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
June 23, 2016, 02:51:35 AM
Ronaldo did his part but come on guys he can't do everything himself. I don't know how he can cope and struggle with his team. I would have lost hope long before the time.

Two goals in one game is not easy in international games however with his two goals, portugal has qualifiedfor the next round so I thin people should stop critisizing him. He got too much burden on himself and he still needs his teammates to help him carry that burden

You are saying exactly what I said but in different terms. I did not criticize him, the opposite. I said it has to be really hard for someone like him to take all that burden on his shoulders.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
June 23, 2016, 02:33:31 AM

Switzerland vs Poland
Croatia vs Portugal
France vs Rep of Ireland
Germany vs Slovakia
Hungary vs Belgium
Italy vs Spain
England vs Iceland

It's just my opinion
Poland , Wales , Croatia  , France , Germany , Hungary , Italia , England
I chose this team based on their performance in group stage  I threw some strong teams Portugal , spain and Belgium

although some less well when the team played in the group stage. but I think after entering the next round they will play more passion. Spain vs Italy honestly difficult to predict, even if you see the last game Italy lose. but for Croatia vs Portugal, portugal game obviously will lose with Croatia.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
June 23, 2016, 02:31:37 AM
Ronaldo did his part but come on guys he can't do everything himself. I don't know how he can cope and struggle with his team. I would have lost hope long before the time.

Two goals in one game is not easy in international games however with his two goals, portugal has qualifiedfor the next round so I thin people should stop critisizing him. He got too much burden on himself and he still needs his teammates to help him carry that burden
Jump to: