Author

Topic: Europa League/Champions League Lounge - page 251. (Read 451555 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
December 15, 2016, 11:40:31 PM
most of you had talking about the big teams which have good opportunity to qualified to the next round but how about Sevilla vs Leicester i think this is interesting match too and indeed Leicester is not good such as last season but if they could beat Sevilla and went to quarter final i think they will makes new history

I wouldn't be that cruel with Leicester. They've clearly focused on Champions League, and a smaller team like Seville could perfectly lose against them. Of course they won't get exploded, and we'll probably have a boring draw in Spain but a nice victory in England for the second match.
Sevilla slightly better because they are the previous champion for europe league but before Leicester able to the knockout phase most people says that Leicester won't do that but in the fact even porto could not do too much for them and Leicester became the leader of group phase and i wish most of big teams won't underestimate them because last season they had already surprising EPL and i fear this season they might to surprised champion league

Imho, Unai Emery had more to do with Sevilla's success in the Europa League and partly Monchi, their sporting director, also helped.  Now in PSG, I think Emery had a good chance of reaching the semis if only they didn't draw Barca (or Real Madrid for that matter) in the KO stage.  Any other team would have made their chances better.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 529
December 15, 2016, 12:41:02 PM
Who win Champion's League:

Barcelona     @4.50
Bayern M.     @5.00
Real M.         @5.50
Atl. Madrid    @9.00
Juventus       @10.00
Man City        @12.00
Dortmund      @15.00
Arsenal          @25.00
Psg                @35.00
Sevilla           @40.00
Leicester       @45.00
Napoli           @75.00
Monaco         @75.00
Porto            @100.00
B. Lever       @150.00
Benfica        @150.00

My favourite is Bayern M.

------------------------------------
Who win Europa League:

Manc. United  @5.00
Tottenham     @9.00
Roma            @12.00
Shakhtar       @13.00
Zenit             @15.00
Ath. Bilbao     @15.00
Schalke 04    @18.00
Villarreal       @18.00
Fiorentina     @20.00
Lyon             @20.00
M'gladbach    @22.00
Ajax             @30.00
Celta Vigo     @30.00
Fenerbahce   @30.00
Besiktas       @30.00

My favourite is Manchester United of Mourinho

Bayern Munich in the Champions League as a favorite with me I see. But Europa is in my inside Rome.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
December 15, 2016, 11:31:10 AM
God damn i miss Champions League and Europa League Sad
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
December 15, 2016, 11:24:03 AM
most of you had talking about the big teams which have good opportunity to qualified to the next round but how about Sevilla vs Leicester i think this is interesting match too and indeed Leicester is not good such as last season but if they could beat Sevilla and went to quarter final i think they will makes new history

I wouldn't be that cruel with Leicester. They've clearly focused on Champions League, and a smaller team like Seville could perfectly lose against them. Of course they won't get exploded, and we'll probably have a boring draw in Spain but a nice victory in England for the second match.
Sevilla slightly better because they are the previous champion for europe league but before Leicester able to the knockout phase most people says that Leicester won't do that but in the fact even porto could not do too much for them and Leicester became the leader of group phase and i wish most of big teams won't underestimate them because last season they had already surprising EPL and i fear this season they might to surprised champion league
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 15, 2016, 09:25:31 AM
I can bear with what folks about the draw, particularly if you are an Arsenal fan having come first in your group, you don't expect Bayern Munich if you came first in your group. Ditto for Napoli drawing Real Madrid.

But this is the CL last 16 folks. There are no easy opponents! Would Arsenal rather have Atletico Madrid and would Napoli have had an easy match versus Dortmund? We are in this position in the first place because teams like Atlectico, Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid and Barcelona played in super-tough groups, while teams like Napoli, Leicester and co played in soft groups, and when that happens and you coast to first-place finish, you get teams like Real Madrid, Bayern, and Man City. The same people who hailed the strange group draw we had this say, saying "it is good to give the small teams a chance", are the ones complaining about the inevitable result of that.

You just can't wish the big teams away. If you won't have the big teams in your group, you draw them in the knock-out stages, even if you finished first in your group and they finished second in their group! After Barcelona slugged it out with Man City in the group, you still expect them to draw Dortmund or Juve so soon, Bayern slugged it with Atletico and you still expect them to slug it with Barcelona, Madrid slugged it out with Dortmund and you still expect them to slug it out with Bayern or Juve so soon, so you have your dream PFC Ludogorets Razgrad vs Leicester City final? Get serious, folks. When the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern, the chances of drawing the likes of Leister, Napoli, Monaco and Arsenal who finished first increases tremendously. You can't have it both ways.

The initial draw was flawed and had something to do with what has happened.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
December 15, 2016, 07:08:08 AM
Sevilla is a smaller team? Dont try to make me laugh mate Roll Eyes

Perfectly. Sevilla is first not concentrating on Champions League like Leicester is doing. Budget is also not the same, Leicester's one being quite largely superior. Finally, I believe Leicester players to be better. Just Vardy is better than Nasri. Mahrez is also an excellent player.

How can you say that?  The CL is the most prestigeous European club tournament out there.  All the clubs who reached the KO stages are totally focused on it, and are trying to balance everything with their respective league fixtures and other cup games.

I also noticed you're a new account that suddenly appeared here.  This could be another signature spam account in the making, churning out nonesense posts.  Please stop it or Lauda will have to mark your accounts red again.
He is an account farmer tokeweed, which he using name of PSG players as his accounts username. He usually making few posts in every week so his accounts doesnt lose the activity, no matter if the post quality is good or bad. He is the reason why most people on this forum hate tipster thread.

when he heard the news of Juventus will meet FC Porto in the knockout, I could not wait for the duel between the two best goalkeepers at the moment, between Casillas and Buffon. we know that Casillas is a fan of Buffon, but until now only Casillas capable of providing the achievements of the team, but maybe this time is part Buffon to grab it with his achievement because Casillas was in a different team since they both duel.
True daarul50, people keep busy with Bayern vs Arsenal, and no one realized that Casillas made his way to qualify to stage of 16 with Porto and will meet Buffon on this stage. Honestly I hope he backs and plays with Real Madrid again.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
December 15, 2016, 05:11:28 AM
Who win Champion's League:

Barcelona     @4.50
Bayern M.     @5.00
Real M.         @5.50
Atl. Madrid    @9.00
Juventus       @10.00
Man City        @12.00
Dortmund      @15.00
Arsenal          @25.00
Psg                @35.00
Sevilla           @40.00
Leicester       @45.00
Napoli           @75.00
Monaco         @75.00
Porto            @100.00
B. Lever       @150.00
Benfica        @150.00

My favourite is Bayern M.

------------------------------------
Who win Europa League:

Manc. United  @5.00
Tottenham     @9.00
Roma            @12.00
Shakhtar       @13.00
Zenit             @15.00
Ath. Bilbao     @15.00
Schalke 04    @18.00
Villarreal       @18.00
Fiorentina     @20.00
Lyon             @20.00
M'gladbach    @22.00
Ajax             @30.00
Celta Vigo     @30.00
Fenerbahce   @30.00
Besiktas       @30.00

My favourite is Manchester United of Mourinho
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
December 15, 2016, 03:28:56 AM
when he heard the news of Juventus will meet FC Porto in the knockout, I could not wait for the duel between the two best goalkeepers at the moment, between Casillas and Buffon. we know that Casillas is a fan of Buffon, but until now only Casillas capable of providing the achievements of the team, but maybe this time is part Buffon to grab it with his achievement because Casillas was in a different team since they both duel.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
December 15, 2016, 01:08:01 AM

Perfectly. Sevilla is first not concentrating on Champions League like Leicester is doing. Budget is also not the same, Leicester's one being quite largely superior. Finally, I believe Leicester players to be better. Just Vardy is better than Nasri. Mahrez is also an excellent player.

How can you say that?  The CL is the most prestigeous European club tournament out there.  All the clubs who reached the KO stages are totally focused on it, and are trying to balance everything with their respective league fixtures and other cup games.

I also noticed you're a new account that suddenly appeared here.  This could be another signature spam account in the making, churning out nonesense posts.  Please stop it or Lauda will have to mark your accounts red again.
Activity: 553
Merit: 250
December 14, 2016, 10:09:07 PM
Only one team Real Madrid could have faced that is stronger than Napoli and it's Juventus. Arsenal have a decent team this year but they always mess up in UCL and that puts them on par with Napoli. And if Real drew Arsenal everyone would have said how corrupted UEFA is as Arsenal face the best teams every year
legendary
December 14, 2016, 03:12:48 PM
So the team that concentrating to Champions League too much means they are a big team? Not sure where you get that logic. Sevilla is the most successful team in Europa League, and in otherwise its the first time to Leicester playing in european competition.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
December 14, 2016, 03:02:45 PM

legendary
December 14, 2016, 02:07:53 PM
3 times arsenal meet bayern munich in champions league knockout and they never make it happen to qualified over bayern munich, last time arsenal won at home 2-0 but then lost 5-1 at bayern munich home. poor arsenal Sad .

also arsenal just suffering lost to everton 2-1 a couple hours ago in premier league which shows how inconsistent arsenal. this make me pretty sure arsenal won't make it.
They have bought many great players, changed strategy, and developed young talents, but they still cant win Champions League. The only thing they havent tried is changing the coach, but it likely wouldnt happen soon. I know, Wenger is a top coach, but there is nothing he did except selling his amazing players to other team.

Teams like Napoli can't beat R Madrid no matter how hard they will try. They can't sustain the pressure. Napoli can call Upon Angels and Devils to play for them, they still can't beat Madrid. You can beat those SerIa A teams, but when it comes to teams like R Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona ! . It's will be 1/10 for Napoli. Not hurting any Napoli fan feelings. But that is the truth.
The truth is, Wolfsburg beat Real Madrid 2-0 in Champions League last season. Im a Madridista but it doesnt mean I supporting Real Madrid blindly. Well Napoli have good chance to win one game, but if we are talking about which team will qualify to next stage, then yeah I choose Real Madrid.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
December 14, 2016, 12:07:07 PM

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
December 14, 2016, 08:00:35 AM
December 14, 2016, 05:32:45 AM
Come on guys this is CL, no matter how bad R Madrid will perform in league, you wouldn't call them cheap opponents if you meet the in knockout round in CL. So people should quit talking about PSG form in league and so on. Teams like Napoli can't beat R Madrid no matter how hard they will try. They can't sustain the pressure. Napoli can call Upon Angels and Devils to play for them, they still can't beat Madrid. You can beat those SerIa A teams, but when it comes to teams like R Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona ! . It's will be 1/10 for Napoli. Not hurting any Napoli fan feelings. But that is the truth.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
December 14, 2016, 05:29:41 AM
Real Madrid Vs Napoli
Although Real are on 35 games unbeaten run but they are not the team to avoid in CL

35 unbeaten records doesnt mean anything in champions league, the atmosphere for this is totally different and napoli is quite a team that could make some surprising moment so keep up some hopes that napoli might be the team that will end their unbeaten streak in the champions league

Lol.  So much wrong in your thinking.  An unbeaten run shows how in form your team is.  That means a whole lot in Football.  Real are gonna eat Napoli up.
Yeaa i agree real madrid is in terrific shape, with its unbeaten record could be another motivation for them to play better and try to not lost as long as possible and considering napoli play not as good as real madrid i think no way napoli can beat real madrid.
It is a short analysis based on facts and statistics , real madrid far better.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
December 14, 2016, 05:14:28 AM
In as much as Bayern looks like the favorite on paper. Arsenal have the advantage of playing in Germany for the first leg . If it ends 2-1 in favor of Bayern then they are out. I don't see them beaten the current Arsenal both legs
Yup, remember Arsenal beat 2-0 Bayer Munich at Emirates Stadium last season Champions league group stage. Of course, it's different man in charge now, Carlo Ancelotti not Pep Guardiola. 
If Arsenal can break the curse of ending in 2th in group stage for many years, why not breaking this round 16 curse too. As you said, they just need to hold for positive result and they might turn thing around on 2nd leg.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
December 14, 2016, 03:18:09 AM
In as much as Bayern looks like the favorite on paper. Arsenal have the advantage of playing in Germany for the first leg . If it ends 2-1 in favor of Bayern then they are out. I don't see them beaten the current Arsenal both legs
December 14, 2016, 02:28:43 AM
Already crying about easy opponents for Real Madrid but if am not mistaken on the road to all those champions league that Real have won specially  La decima 2013/2014 season we beat all them easy opponents Borusia Dortmund, Bayern and off course Atletico. So please stop crying because for Real Madrid all the opponents are easy, bigger then Madrid is only Madrid and no other team.
Jump to: