Pages:
Author

Topic: Evidence that 'efxtrader' account changed hands and is now a typical shitposter. - page 2. (Read 553 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
While you are at it do you think anyone should be looking into those paying them too?
I do this on my own time and receive no compensation for doing it.  Why don't YOU look into who's paying for these morons to post?

In any case, it would be one hell of a task for a bounty manager to find every one of these bought accounts.  It took me about 20 minutes to compile enough evidence just to bust this one account, so I highly doubt a BM is going to go through all of his applicants checking for this stuff, even if he cared to do so.  Nor do I think it's their responsibility.  They want members who are going to post and I'll bet most BMs don't care whether the account has changed hands or not.  That's a battle that only some of us have chosen to fight.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
I looked at this last night but got sidetracked at the time..

It's a net-negative megathread shitposter with decent evidence for it's sale so it can be tagged..

What I went for was who was paying for these megathread shitposts.
I looked in the bounty thread but it was just closed, I didn't find a spreadsheet for proof of acceptance or payments, and the registration seems to have been done offsite on telegram..

What do you think about the people incentivising this spam?
When you find such shitposters in signature campaigns shouldn't the campaign manager get a warning neutral or something to stop funding this filth and an eventual red if they continue to do so?

I'm on the lookout for high-ranked shitposters with old accounts

Cool!
While you are at it do you think anyone should be looking into those paying them too?
Activity: 560
Merit: 286

Excellent, thank you for that additional info. 

I'm coming to suspect that a lot of the old accounts that you still see shitposting in sections like Bitcoin/Altcoin Discussion are bought or hacked--and I mean accounts registered before 2013 or so.  Writing typical nonsense bounty spam wasn't a thing way back then, but it became a huge thing around October 2017 for some reason.  Probably had to do with the spike in price or a mass hacking or selloff of accounts by someone who had a lot of old ones.  Who knows. 

All I know is that real members from back in the early days weren't the type who'd be spamming for bounties in 2019, so I'm going to continue to check them out as I find them.

It was a thing in 2015, so 2017 it's way too much time back. Shit posting on alt discussions started in late 2016 early 2017 and went nuts arround may 2017. but way more back.

But yeah it's a sold acc.
legendary
Cashback 15%

Excellent, thank you for that additional info. 

I'm coming to suspect that a lot of the old accounts that you still see shitposting in sections like Bitcoin/Altcoin Discussion are bought or hacked--and I mean accounts registered before 2013 or so.  Writing typical nonsense bounty spam wasn't a thing way back then, but it became a huge thing around October 2017 for some reason.  Probably had to do with the spike in price or a mass hacking or selloff of accounts by someone who had a lot of old ones.  Who knows. 

All I know is that real members from back in the early days weren't the type who'd be spamming for bounties in 2019, so I'm going to continue to check them out as I find them.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

He continues to post in Indonesian up until March 26, 2018, and after a gap of a few days he starts writing in English again on April 7, 2018--only this time, the quality of English has turned from eloquent into something that should look familiar to those of us who fight against shitposting:

Adding some more evidence, the password to efxtrader account was changed also in March (4th March, 2018) and we all know change of password mostly occurs when accounts change hands. There was no post made for 5days after the password was changed this could had been a strategy to avoid detention of account change of hands and continued posting in Indonesian for some weeks to also avoid detention before he decided to join a signature campaign (21st March, 2018) and started posting in english again.

SIGNATURE
Bitcointalk username: efxtrader
Forum rank: Full Member
Starting post count: 228
Telegram username: @efxtraders
Ethereum address: 0xBdd976c8688a13175619C9dF7C6f5A1e7Fd9355d

Edit: Possible conclusion: Bought/hacked account by Indonesian with bad english.
legendary
Cashback 15%
Separate thread for this, as I'm using it for a reference in the neg I'm going to give the member in question.

The efxtrader account was created in November 2014 and could obviously create posts in English that were quite eloquent, like this one:
Nice article, any chance you could do something more in depth around the xMarket offering. For me this is a real killer bitcoin 2.0 application. A first real world practical Distributed Autonomous Corporation (DAC). This is actually much bigger news than folks realise. If this really creates a market place that is self regulating and it has the potential to displace eBay/Amazon/Silkroad all of which are centrally regulated and hence expensive to manage and run.

efxtrader continued to post (in English) up until October 13, 2015, when he wrote this:
I think think he's working on it as a long term project?

Then there's a huge gap, and when the account resumes posting on December 1, 2017 it is on the Indonesian local board with this:
semuanya masih menanti bro Smiley btw yang gajian duluan malahan peserta bounty telegram ni yah

He continues to post in Indonesian up until March 26, 2018, and after a gap of a few days he starts writing in English again on April 7, 2018--only this time, the quality of English has turned from eloquent into something that should look familiar to those of us who fight against shitposting:
From my opinion, there is something positive from that policy. That policy can avoid from criminal action like money laundrying and for goverment, that policy can prevent from massive outflow capital.
Cryptocurrency market will more growing in my opinion and its growing bigger. In the future, maybe cryptocurrency become currency and we can make transaction with people instantly and because internet become common

...and so on to the present day.  Thus, I strongly believe this account changed hands at least once in 2017 and is therefore worthy of tagging.  This thread is just to serve as a reference as I said, and efxtrader is more than welcome to defend this accusation.  It's self-moderated to keep the trolls and other assorted useless individuals away.

As an aside, I often hear the complaint that there are a lot of high-ranked accounts that are shitposters and that newbies get picked on unfairly.  I'm on the lookout for high-ranked shitposters with old accounts, because I suspect that some of them have been bought or hacked and have quietly slipped back into the spam megathreads.

Edit:  Dammit, I forgot to make the thread self-moderated.  Oh well.
Pages:
Jump to: