Pages:
Author

Topic: EWBF's Cuda Equihash Miner 0.6 - page 40. (Read 85776 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 10
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.
June 22, 2018, 02:18:10 AM
Short answer, impossible, 144.5 requires a larger amount of ram that the ASIC machines do not have
And how much RAM do they have?

Nondestructive analysis show that it is less than 128MB of SRAM. Unless there was a chip breakthrough, you can't fit more than 128MB of SRAM on a chip. EH 144_5 would require a minimum of 600MB SRAM to be competitive with GPUs.

Darn, it took the Crypto community 8 years to figure this out?

By the way, Renuzit, this miner realy FKs up my RIG, it gives a ton of rejected shares and then crashes and 4 out of 7 GPUs disappear. I typically have to reboot about 4 times to get the system to bring up all 7 GPUs. The resolution keeps bouncing around to 640x480 and

On the ZM miner where I used to mine BTCz up until the algo change, I had no issues whatsoever, my RIG would run a month without crashing even once, steady mining.

I just tried again and now my RIG is not responding. Even screws up teamviewer, turns into black screen.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 11:07:49 PM
Short answer, impossible, 144.5 requires a larger amount of ram that the ASIC machines do not have
And how much RAM do they have?

Nondestructive analysis show that it is less than 128MB of SRAM. Unless there was a chip breakthrough, you can't fit more than 128MB of SRAM on a chip. EH 144_5 would require a minimum of 600MB SRAM to be competitive with GPUs.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
June 21, 2018, 07:00:57 PM
Misinformation upon misinformation upon misinformation.

I think it all just comes down to the definition of "centralization".  I personally don't care about it in terms of corporate power, but the network itself.

But, point taken on the price of a rig vs an ASIC.  But, an ASIC going for $900 isn't going to be very profitable (if at all) vs the latest and greatest at $10K.  It would have to be one serious burger flipper to afford it.

Activity: 57
June 21, 2018, 06:51:40 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with a 12 gpu rig.
The first 8 cards initialization is very fast, but then slows down. 9., so-so, but the rest seems stuck.

output: http://pastebin.xyz/p?q=UzYyOE8

I did not experience this problem with earlier versions (I mean with ewbf for 200,9). Maybe it was not very fast (the initialization), but it was not that bad.

Activity: 7
June 21, 2018, 06:39:48 PM
Need some help  
When I first ran a test I did it on my gaming pc with a gtx 1080 and I got 36-39 Sols
I move my gtx to my other pc and now each gtx 1080 only gets 10 sols/s
Total speed of 31 sols/s
GPU 0 = 102 W    0.10 sol/w   10 sol/s
GPU 1 = 101W     0.11 sol/w   11 sol/s
GPU 2 = 117W     0.09 sol/w   10 sol/s

If I ran one card I still got 10 sol only

Any idea what may got wrong, if I mine regular equihash I get 540 sol each card, if I do lyra2v2 I get 45mhs/s each card
My component's  are:
I5 6400
16gb ddr4
500gb ssd
Asus mining board
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE : : : : : : Since was a new motherboard it was a windows fresh install with out updates, after updating computer finally each card perform as expected : : : : : : :
Im mining some 0x tokens so I ran btcz on same oc settings 70 TDP / 100 + Core /-500 Mem and got 31 sols per card. Gtx 1080 8gb version

Happy Mining, I speak spanish by the way, so sorry if I misspell anything  Grin
Activity: 1540
Merit: 121
Callisto Network - Security Audits & Cold Staking
June 21, 2018, 03:36:34 PM
Are you going to run some numbers on this or just go with your feels?
- this is clearly a shill setup from asic trolls

I'm just saying that it's the first time that i've read this kind of comments and whether we agree or disagree has the merit of making people think.

I don't have numbers, except the settings of my rig of 6 gtx 1060 6go  Wink

After tests, my 6 gtx 1060 6gb rig is perfectly stable with these settings :
Core 1950 (+180), mem 4500 (+ 700 samsung) and limit power 80% = 129/131 sol/s
Activity: 19
June 21, 2018, 02:46:14 PM
...the other side of the coin is promoting decentralization which is easier to do with GPU's that the "common man" still can barely afford compared to FCFS ASIC's that only "rich capitalist farmers" can buy...

• The security of a blockchain should never be whittled down to something based on what some random burger flipper making minimum wage can afford to mine with.

• If the above does happen, the lie that an $871 ASIC is "too expensive" for entry should be pointed out

• If you see $871 ("ASIC's that only 'rich capitalist farmers' can buy") for the same hashrate as a $12,000 GPU setup ("that the 'common man' still can barely afford") as how it is, then you can't math.

• The decentralization of 3 ASIC chip manufactures is greater than the "decentralization" of 2 GPU chip manufactures (one of which hasn't made any chips in 6 months and the other which is widely not supported by these new changes); because, math!

Your point of view is very interesting, especially the part about the manufacturers, I had never asked myself the question like that and actually as a GPU miner I may be inclined to see ASICS negative aspects.
Thank you !

Are you going to run some numbers on this or just go with your feels?
- this is clearly a shill setup from asic trolls
Activity: 1540
Merit: 121
Callisto Network - Security Audits & Cold Staking
June 21, 2018, 10:04:58 AM
...the other side of the coin is promoting decentralization which is easier to do with GPU's that the "common man" still can barely afford compared to FCFS ASIC's that only "rich capitalist farmers" can buy...

• The security of a blockchain should never be whittled down to something based on what some random burger flipper making minimum wage can afford to mine with.

• If the above does happen, the lie that an $871 ASIC is "too expensive" for entry should be pointed out

• If you see $871 ("ASIC's that only 'rich capitalist farmers' can buy") for the same hashrate as a $12,000 GPU setup ("that the 'common man' still can barely afford") as how it is, then you can't math.

• The decentralization of 3 ASIC chip manufactures is greater than the "decentralization" of 2 GPU chip manufactures (one of which hasn't made any chips in 6 months and the other which is widely not supported by these new changes); because, math!

Your point of view is very interesting, especially the part about the manufacturers, I had never asked myself the question like that and actually as a GPU miner I may be inclined to see ASICS negative aspects.
Thank you !
Activity: 157
June 21, 2018, 09:05:48 AM
new error on 192,7 algo
nvidia driver no crash
ewbf v0.2
Code:
an illegal memory access was encountered
Activity: 157
June 21, 2018, 07:48:56 AM
need -color option in linux version
too many spam in syslog  Sad
Activity: 239
Merit: 12
June 21, 2018, 07:17:16 AM
We get it man, you are pro ASICS. This topic does not concern you, you just spam here to do what exactly?
I'm pro-mining, anti-misinformation, and my GPU investment dwarfs my ASIC investment.

The man (ComputerGenie) does have useful information and can be (occasionally) helpful Wink , it's just he is a bit arrogant and ,yes, does like to shut everyone up.
ComputerGenie, man, chillax. Be more respectful.
Activity: 239
Merit: 12
June 21, 2018, 06:40:22 AM
1. Welcome back, mate! Been using your older miner for more than a year now and absolutely loved it.
5. does --fee 0 work as intended??
5. Yes.
You are just the most generous miner developer ever! While I personally think 2% is a bit too much, I'm happy to pay 0.5% from now on (used --fee 0 before  Roll Eyes)

Please, do not abandon this project as you did with the older miner.
Activity: 198
Merit: 160
June 21, 2018, 06:02:24 AM
Anyone help? I keep getting "out of memory" error on GPU5  Huh

It's like not enough virtual memory. Try increasing the paging file https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2016/05/10/how-to-manage-windows-10-virtual-memory.aspx set a big value, 50GB for example.

How to config miner on pool: https://aikapool.com/btcz/index.php
I use
algo         144_5
#pers         BitcoinZ

But not work!

Help me?

Uncomment the line pers:
algo         144_5
pers         BitcoinZ
Activity: 66
June 20, 2018, 11:21:41 PM
Nice rigs! Where can I get them?
Activity: 31
June 20, 2018, 05:14:13 PM
Some tuning results of 1070 Ti:

PL=120 W
OC=+200/+1200

https://i.imgur.com/RTA5Jqa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Yfy9tG5.jpg

Nice. How you cooling rigs? Graphics are very close each other.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
June 20, 2018, 04:51:27 PM
Some tuning results of 1070 Ti:

PL=120 W
OC=+200/+1200

June 20, 2018, 02:51:39 PM
...Make model, purchase date, total price, delivery date...
Only a hobby miner, like you, would think that anyone besides an accountant has those details and only a dumb hobby miner would think that a real miner would give out such details.
How about you go back to your little unSafeCoin troll-hole and leave the adults to talk....

About what we expected, adults use fact and figures, children just run their mouths with no real info coming out.

Put up the digits or gtfo.

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
June 20, 2018, 02:18:07 PM
...Make model, purchase date, total price, delivery date...
Only a hobby miner, like you, would think that anyone besides an accountant has those details and only a dumb hobby miner would think that a real miner would give out such details.
How about you go back to your little unSafeCoin troll-hole and leave the adults to talk....
June 20, 2018, 01:48:07 PM
We get it man, you are pro ASICS. This topic does not concern you, you just spam here to do what exactly?
I'm pro-mining, anti-misinformation, and my GPU investment dwarfs my ASIC investment.

How about we put up the the numbers on your asic investment so we can calc your work and possibly forecast.

We can just take one you bought as an example if you prefer.

Make model, purchase date, total price, delivery date, and your USD/kWh costs should be good to start.

Let's keep the info as accurate as possible for our research as I don't like misinformation as well.

Activity: 10
June 20, 2018, 12:58:49 PM
Thanks ewbf, this was added to SMOS today but I am having a problem

ERROR: CUDA DRIVER VERSION IS INSUFFICIENT FOR CUDA RUNTIME VERSION

any ideas?

What is your Cuda version installed ?
Try the Cuda 8 version of EWBF.
If you haven't Cuda 8.x or Cuda 9.x, EWBF will don't work.

I talked with the SMOS Admin about EWBF 0.2 and they added the EWBF 0.2 to the SMOS site.
But the current version of the SMOS operating system is not compatible with EWBF 0.2 and brings the error "ERROR: CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version."

Finally, They introduced to me a new version of the operating system that did not make this mistake
reflash http://download.simplemining.net/SimpleMiningOS-NV-RX-v1165-4.16.0-amd18.10.img.zip
Pages:
Jump to: