Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 9. (Read 179226 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I really can't make the json work.
I have 8 NVIDIA cards but only 1 is being picked (nescrypt)
What should i do?
Activity: 132
Merit: 7

As mentioned before we dropped the daggerhashimoto for 3gb cards because there were a lot of issues/crashes with it among NHM users (especially on primary cards). We could remove the 3gb condition in excavator though, and you can run it without NHM then..

Ok,  then I could use it for external mining ?

What do you mean by external mining? You could mine to NH pool just not by using NHM. I'll keep you updated on this.

Yes, thats what I meant, external mining to nicehash without NMH Smiley

I took a look at daggerhashimoto and excavator already supports it on 3GB cards (we've never put the 3GB condition to excavator, it was only added to NHM).  

Here is an example of config file for running dagger on one card:

Code:
[
{"time":0,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["daggerhashimoto","daggerhashimoto.eu.nicehash.com:3353","your_btc"]}
]},
{"time":3,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]}
]},
{"time":10,"loop":10,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":[]}
]}
]

To run it on 2 cards you just have to add another worker.add method, like this:
Code:
{"time":3,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]},
        {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","1"]}
]},

First parameter represents the algorithm id, the second one is device id - 0, 1...
Take a look here: https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/tree/master/api#worker-add

You have to run excavator with -c config.json parameter.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10

As mentioned before we dropped the daggerhashimoto for 3gb cards because there were a lot of issues/crashes with it among NHM users (especially on primary cards). We could remove the 3gb condition in excavator though, and you can run it without NHM then..

Ok,  then I could use it for external mining ?

What do you mean by external mining? You could mine to NH pool just not by using NHM. I'll keep you updated on this.

Yes, thats what I meant, external mining to nicehash without NMH Smiley
We released a new version today that includes more neoscrypt improvements for some cards (mainly 1070 & 1060 cards):

https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.4.4a

During benchmark excavator doesn't connect to the pool, it performs hashing on a test job which is hardcoded in the miner (always the same one). So, no free hashes for us Tongue If you don't believe me, you could always try to monitor the network..

Is there any particular reason that you couldn't just mine each particular algo (on the users account obviously), instead of just performing the benchmark?  I would think typically this isn't done because it would take a bunch of pools, but obviously Nicehash does them all, so that isn't an issue... Even if some of them aren't as profitable, it would be better than just burning the power for nothing - and be a real world benchmark.  Just wondering if there is some non-obvious reason...

The perks of performing benchmark on the same job is that it is always performed under the same conditions. Also, we avoid potential server unavailable issues, network delays and lack of orders for the specific algorithm.
Activity: 11
Thanks for the information Dropky.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
lol new version 2.0.1.3 removed daggerhashimoto for 3gb cards!!! LOL they dont know till April is profitable?

We decided to drop 3GB cards for daggerhashimoto because the DAG size was getting dangerously close to the 3GB limit and daggerhashimoto didn't even run on these cards especially when they are used as primary cards. This may not be a problem for experienced miners, but the majority of NHM users are casual ones. There are so many things to consider, you know...

I have been trying to figure out why I had no daggerhashimoto on my GTX 1060 3gb rig with NHM. now I know.
But this site below says the dag file is only 2.31gb yet, nowhere near the 3 gb limit ?

https://investoon.com/tools/dag_size

Activity: 687
Merit: 511
During benchmark excavator doesn't connect to the pool, it performs hashing on a test job which is hardcoded in the miner (always the same one). So, no free hashes for us Tongue If you don't believe me, you could always try to monitor the network..

Is there any particular reason that you couldn't just mine each particular algo (on the users account obviously), instead of just performing the benchmark?  I would think typically this isn't done because it would take a bunch of pools, but obviously Nicehash does them all, so that isn't an issue... Even if some of them aren't as profitable, it would be better than just burning the power for nothing - and be a real world benchmark.  Just wondering if there is some non-obvious reason...
where do i put my wallet address with this miner?

In algorithm.add method:
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357","btcAddress"]}

See more here: https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/tree/master/api#algorithm-add
question to nvidia users should i mine only neoscrypt algo with excavator  1060-1070 cards or mine all algos that pool supports?

Well.. that's up to you. Try running NHM with all algos enabled for one day and then standalone excavator with neoscrypt for another day and compare the profitability.
Activity: 6
where do i put my wallet address with this miner?
Activity: 77
question to nvidia users should i mine only neoscrypt algo with excavator  1060-1070 cards or mine all algos that pool supports?

@dropky By the way, what is the maximum number of workers can be added per card? I have 28SM. What would make sense? 4, 7, 28?

You should experiment with it, start with 2, then increase the number if you get better results that way (and if it's stable - at some point excavator will probably crash).
Activity: 28
Just started testing 1.4.3a with my 5 x nvidia 1080ti rig. It seems way more stable than 1.1.0a. I knew excavator had potential against EWBF, this is why I'm giving another try.

What I love is that the GPUs are rather balanced in terms of output (680h/s) and total hashrate doesn't fluctuate much as in EWBF: Last 300 shares are all submitted  around 3.38kh/s.

What I don't like though, is that the sum is below 3500 which is the average at EWBF (3400min / 3600 max)

It stopped printing the results after 20 minutes but my readings from the pool look ok.

I wonder how I can set thread and block sizes via the .json file? I'm not sure if excavator is using all the available juice :/

EDIT: I'm mining Zcash "equihash"

Unfortunately, you can't set the number of threads and/or blocks for the equihash (because of its implementation). You could try to run different modes (0,1,2) or try to run multiple workers per device. Other than that there is nothing you can do at the moment, we're working on improvements for equihash as we speak.

Note: To change mode of the algorithm (equihash) you have to add M parameter to worker.add:
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","M=0"]}

Cool, I will give it a try.

@dropky By the way, what is the maximum number of workers can be added per card? I have 28SM. What would make sense? 4, 7, 28?
Any update on when you'll be making the next Linux release (ideally with the fan speed fix)?  You're killing me with all of these Windows releases without Linux builds... Wink

Sorry about that Wink The latest version includes the Linux build - https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.4.3a (with a fan speed fix).
Regarding those neoscrypt speed improvements...I'm seeing almost 2x. Is that real? says Titan XP is now doing 2.14MH?!

Yes, it's real Smiley
Just started testing 1.4.3a with my 5 x nvidia 1080ti rig. It seems way more stable than 1.1.0a. I knew excavator had potential against EWBF, this is why I'm giving another try.

What I love is that the GPUs are rather balanced in terms of output (680h/s) and total hashrate doesn't fluctuate much as in EWBF: Last 300 shares are all submitted  around 3.38kh/s.

What I don't like though, is that the sum is below 3500 which is the average at EWBF (3400min / 3600 max)

It stopped printing the results after 20 minutes but my readings from the pool look ok.

I wonder how I can set thread and block sizes via the .json file? I'm not sure if excavator is using all the available juice :/

EDIT: I'm mining Zcash "equihash"

Unfortunately, you can't set the number of threads and/or blocks for the equihash (because of its implementation). You could try to run different modes (0,1,2) or try to run multiple workers per device. Other than that there is nothing you can do at the moment, we're working on improvements for equihash as we speak.

Note: To change mode of the algorithm (equihash) you have to add M parameter to worker.add:
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","M=0"]}
I refuse to use Excavator for anything other than Nicehash. I get better results from the latest cudaminer. Plus, I have a theory that all those "benchmarks" that nicehash requires when a mosquito lands on your GPU are giving them free hashes.

The reason i stopped use the nicehash miner 2 is becourse of all those god damn benchmarks. Every time i restart the god damn program i have 2 benchmark eight fucking GPUs?! It takes forever, like 5 hours. Thats alot in mining time.

Yeah... we're working on a fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7we5xq/benchmarking_crashes_and_repetitive_benchmarking/
I refuse to use Excavator for anything other than Nicehash. I get better results from the latest cudaminer. Plus, I have a theory that all those "benchmarks" that nicehash requires when a mosquito lands on your GPU are giving them free hashes.

Pages:
Jump to: