Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 6. (Read 179226 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 7
I have a rig with several different cards.  Will I be able to benchmark with the excavator so I don't have to manually configure parameters for every card and algo?

Thanks

What do you mean by manually configure parameters? Which parameters (algorithm parameters or OC settings)? Excavator is already tuned for the most Pascal cards (check here - https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/tree/master/nvidia, under each algorithm you can see the cards algorithm is optimized for). If you want to optimize OC settings, that's up to you. 

It definatley wasn't a new install, I was just rebooting.
I'll try a reboot with 2.0.1.11 and see what happens.

I checked with the NHM team, bot prevention pops up if it's a new install or if there were any changes in the system or config files.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
I was just doing a restart on one of my rigs with nicehash 2.0.1.10 on it.

When it restarted it came up saying - we don't allow bots here type in the number below ?

I had the miner set to start when windows started by putting a link to it in the startup folder.
I had it setup like this so if the computer restarts or there is a power outage and it comes on again it would start mining by iself.
Is there any way around this if I am out or at work otherwise I have to be there to type in the number Sad

Did you enable "Autostart mining" under Configure -> Mining?

Yes I have on all of them. Thats why I was surprised as I have rebooted np before..
I also rebooted the rig remotely with teamviewer, would that affect it ?
 I've upgraded to 2.0.1.11 now.

Teamviewer shouldn't affect anything, bot prevention should only pop up at new install, but I might be mistaken (I'll check).. Do you still have the problem with NHM 2.0.1.11? Does it happen every time?

It definatley wasn't a new install, I was just rebooting.
I'll try a reboot with 2.0.1.11 and see what happens.
I upgraded to 2.0.1.11 yesterday.

Since then I have noticed that excavator is mining ok, then all of a sudden I see red lines and it restarts.
Its mining equihash with 8 x nvidia GTX 1060 3gb
It hasn't been doing this with earlier versions, it would go for days.
Once I saw this tonight I went to the log files to see what the errors are, the lines below keep coming up and it looks like its just before it restarts.
The errors below are in the log files at where it looks like it restarts.

{"name":"NHM","hostname":"Miner04","pid":2864,"level":30,"msg":"[JSONTypedParse] Unable to parse response as JSON SyntaxError: Unexpected token P in JSON at position 40","time":"2018-02-27T04:41:27.920Z","v":0}
{"name":"NHM","hostname":"Miner04","pid":2864,"level":30,"msg":"[API] method: undefined error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'method' of null","time":"2018-02-27T04:41:27.920Z","v":0}
Hello. Is there a config option for excavator to exit on pool error or when the pool is offline?

No, if the pool is offline excavator will repeatedly try to reconnect. You could always write your own script that monitors excavator via its API.

When it restarted it came up saying - we don't allow bots here type in the number below ?

I had the miner set to start when windows started by putting a link to it in the startup folder.
I had it setup like this so if the computer restarts or there is a power outage and it comes on again it would start mining by iself.
Is there any way around this if I am out or at work otherwise I have to be there to type in the number Sad

Yes I have on all of them. Thats why I was surprised as I have rebooted np before..

Teamviewer shouldn't affect anything, bot prevention should only pop up at new install, but I might be mistaken (I'll check).. Do you still have the problem with NHM 2.0.1.11? Does it happen every time?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
nicehash is ripping you all guys .

Nobody hacked them, they simply decided to steal all bitcoins from their miners and hashing power buyers.

They steal hash power from miners, and they steal profit from hash power buyers.

They are classic scam company.

You believe them that they gave you this miner for free?

Only free cheese is in the mousetrap.

You don't have to mine to nicehash. The miner is not only for free but also faster than what is otherwise available in the market; closed or open source...

I lost some money on nicehash, wasted my hashrate too. But this miner is good Smiley
Activity: 32
nicehash is ripping you all guys .

Nobody hacked them, they simply decided to steal all bitcoins from their miners and hashing power buyers.

They steal hash power from miners, and they steal profit from hash power buyers.

They are classic scam company.

You believe them that they gave you this miner for free?

Only free cheese is in the mousetrap.
Activity: 24
I have a rig with several different cards.  Will I be able to benchmark with the excavator so I don't have to manually configure parameters for every card and algo?

Thanks

Just tested neoscrypt: very happy with excavator! Faster than hsrminer and various ccminer forks.
Solid 1700MHs per card (1080ti) with 70%tdp M=5 B=1650. Sure there is room for improvement. This conf seems stable for me:

Code:
[
{"time":0,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["neoscrypt","eu1.altminer.net:10001","VZiVzVQrVVp7ympKQG3jxgTgcYWe8uW6Ti","c=VIVO d=20000"]}
]},

{"time":3,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","1650","5"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","1","1650","5"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","2","1650","5"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","3","1650","5"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","4","1650","5"]}
]},

{"time":5,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params": ["0","70"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params": ["0","180"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params": ["0","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params": ["1","70"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params": ["1","180"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params": ["1","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params": ["2","70"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params": ["2","180"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params": ["2","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params": ["3","70"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params": ["3","180"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params": ["3","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params": ["4","70"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params": ["4","180"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params": ["4","0"]}
]},

{"time":10,"loop":10,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["0"]},
{"id":2,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["1"]},
{"id":3,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["2"]},
{"id":4,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["3"]},
{"id":5,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["4"]},
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":["0"]}
]},

{"event":"on_quit","commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params": ["0","100"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params": ["0","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params": ["0","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params": ["1","100"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params": ["1","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params": ["1","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params": ["2","100"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params": ["2","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params": ["2","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params": ["3","100"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params": ["3","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params": ["3","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params": ["4","100"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params": ["4","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params": ["4","0"]}
]}
]

I'm afraid that Excavator with M=1 is about 5-7% lower than DSTM on Equihash with 1070 (420/450 sol/s), M=2 is even worse (400/450 sol/s).

I observe the same ratio on DSTM vs. Excavator. This is why I'm looking forward to a new release with equihash improvements @dropky Smiley
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
I'm afraid that Excavator with M=1 is about 5-7% lower than DSTM on Equihash with 1070 (420/450 sol/s), M=2 is even worse (400/450 sol/s).
Activity: 11
I want to say that I got around 710 with DSTM.  I pretty much try them all as they release new versions.  I end up sticking with Excavator due to better hash and no fees.  I also get better hash with lyra2rev2.  I run 3 workers with it.

Do you mean for your GPU, the excavator is faster than DSTM? How about the power consumption?

When using same tdp and clocks, excavator will out performs.  When comparing 2 different miners, I always use the same settings.  I change up settings depending on different variables.  I will go for max hash some days, others I go for max hash per watt.
Activity: 68
I want to say that I got around 710 with DSTM.  I pretty much try them all as they release new versions.  I end up sticking with Excavator due to better hash and no fees.  I also get better hash with lyra2rev2.  I run 3 workers with it.

Do you mean for your GPU, the excavator is faster than DSTM? How about the power consumption?
Activity: 1
Hello. Is there a config option for excavator to exit on pool error or when the pool is offline?
bad bad @dropky a small corection  Roll Eyes  Grin only for equihash
- Here is an example of the json file to run equihash on 3 GPUs: = BAD
- Here is an example of the json file to run equihash on 1 GPU with 3 Worker: = Good

cheers

Here is an example of the json file to run equihash on 3 GPUs:
Code:
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","1"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","2"]}

Here is an example of the json file to run equihash on 1 GPU with 3 workers:
Code:
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]}

Better? Smiley
How can I get the web (index.html) working on Linux Ubuntu I have
/opt/excavator/bin/index.html

but when I run it I get Excavator is currently offline.

excavator -wl /opt/excavator/bin/index.html -p 3456

You have to run excavator with -wp (web port) parameter.
Note: web port (-wp) has to be different than API port (-p).

Also -wl is path to directory where index.html is located (remove index.html from the path).

Check here: https://github.com/nicehash/excavator#-command-line-parameters

Try next command (open web on 127.0.0.1:3457):
excavator -wl /opt/excavator/bin/ -wp 3457
Pages:
Jump to: