Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 135. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250
February 13, 2018, 05:47:13 AM
Yeah, i learned a hard way to keep my coins/tokens on wallet. There is a lot fogy business on exchange sites.
Everyone who keep their funds in an exchange will always learn the hardest way if something happens to the exchange. Y'all should ask those who have been a victim of not having their funds in a wallet they have the private keys. Always consider the safety of your assets first before anything else. That would make you stay richer.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Until the end of time
February 13, 2018, 05:31:14 AM
If you are doing daily trader there is no point moving out your crypto off the exchanges. But if you are longer or mid term holder then you have to store it in their wallet. Good thing you have an off line wallet that support most of the cryptos. For erc20 you can use myetherwallet to store all erc20 token.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 05:21:53 AM
I would put my coins in wallet becuase its more secured and you have the control of your fund while on the exchange you dont control your private keys.
Activity: 588
Merit: 128
February 13, 2018, 03:36:49 AM
I think it's better to save your coins in different wallets rather than put them into exchange because we don't know the possibility of the exchange being hacked but the downside is if you wanted to sell your coins in your wallet you will need to wait.

Yes that's the con of having our coins in our wallet because sometimes we really missed the pump and I bet everyone knew that feeling. However, if our coins are in our wallet we don't need to worry if the exchange gets compromise. So it's a win or lose situation for everyone.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 112
February 13, 2018, 03:33:58 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
. I think i prefer to keep your coins in any secure wallets instead on exchange site, ' to make sure that your coins is in a safe place.  'cause honestly we are not sure if the exchange site will stay forever and to be honest there are some exchange site that suddenly disappear after a months  . So i think the good idea is to keep it in any secure wallets to prevent regrets. 
Activity: 136
February 13, 2018, 02:51:56 AM
I've been keeping my coins on exchange because it kind of reduces the expense of fees.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
February 13, 2018, 02:50:10 AM
To do better is to save the tokens that have been obtained on the wallet that we have, by observing the token price, before entering into the exchanger. I think it's like that.
Activity: 453
Merit: 251
Presale Starting May 1st
February 13, 2018, 02:42:06 AM
I think its not that bad to hold in exchange wallets if you set nice password and 2fa. You just need to not using suspicious unknown exchanges and everything will be okay, holding in personal wallets can be quite harder than this.
Activity: 60
February 13, 2018, 02:27:24 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

I always advice in some other post that using many site and put your money/coins in this exchange site is not good decision because it can be hacked by many hackers around this crypto world. Put your coins in wallet so that you will not going to hesitate if your money is safe.
Activity: 336
Merit: 71
February 13, 2018, 02:25:04 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

If we reworded your question to which is better: cold storage wallet or exchange the answer is cold storage wallet.. but if you're talking free, everyday wallet with new users and very low security.. I'd probably trust the exchange more.  To me its alot like plane crashes with exchanges.. its very very VERY rare that an exchange would get hacked, but if they do alot of people are going to get hurt.. but your wallet like a car is less likely to have as many casualties..but you personally with very little gard for personal precaution are much more at risk.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 02:20:32 AM
Don't trust any exchange, even big one like Binance. Always keep your tokens in the safe wallet. Only small amount of portfolio can be stored in exchange only for daily trading.
Activity: 560
February 13, 2018, 02:14:06 AM

I don't have a definite answer to your question. because sometimes I keep some of my altcoin in exchange. this is because I am a trader, and if the altcoin I buy and I hold for a period of time, then I will put it in my wallet. yes, I guess everyone is doing the same thing as what I do.
Activity: 312
(。◕‿◕。)
February 13, 2018, 02:13:11 AM
I think it's better to save your coins in different wallets rather than put them into exchange because we don't know the possibility of the exchange being hacked but the downside is if you wanted to sell your coins in your wallet you will need to wait.
Activity: 44
February 13, 2018, 02:12:46 AM
If you are planning to trade your coins you should put it on exchanges because you cant trade using your hardwallet,but if you are going to hold your coins for a long time i suggest put it in a hardwallet because these wallets are most secured storage today,ledger or trezor wallet are the most common wallets that are being recommended by the experts.Exchanges doesnt allow the users to store big amounts of coins if they are not trading because exchanges is more prone to these hackers nowadays.
Activity: 406
February 13, 2018, 02:11:25 AM
If you are a long term holder for 2-3 years and not want to sell then you can use offline wallet. If you are a trader then you have to hold your coins in any online exchange and sell them any time. You get better results in holding as every coin require its time to establish.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
February 13, 2018, 02:09:56 AM
If your a day trader, better to keep part of your portfolio for trading in the exchange. This way you will minimize your transaction fees compare to a hodler. But if your a hodler always keep your funds in the wallet which is more secured because you have the private keys.
Activity: 334
Merit: 15
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
February 13, 2018, 01:58:55 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
Save in wallet is safer, you don't know when exchange site turn into scam. Hardware wallet is saver. The most secure wallet is hardware wallet with full syncronizing client. But the most practical wallet for daily use to buy goods is online wallet but the security is lower than hardware wallet.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 572
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
February 13, 2018, 01:33:16 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
i use both,for some tokens i use wallet to keep it, but for real coins i don't have any hardware wallet so i use exchanger and 2fa. i think it is already safe if i not do any strange thing like click on suspicious link
Activity: 448
February 13, 2018, 01:22:38 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
Of course it's better to keep your coins in your wallet although you need to download different wallet for each coin. It's not safe to store your coin on exchange as there is risk of the exchange getting hacked or your account getting blocked. The cons is you have to move your coin a lot if you want to trade it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
www.cd3d.app
February 13, 2018, 01:01:48 AM
I suggest keep your coins on wallet atleast you will hodl your own private keys but you must write it down and keep it secure if incase you will lost it you have a back up because that is the only way to access your wallet.
Jump to: