Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 136. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
February 13, 2018, 12:55:54 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

Exchange

Pros - You can trade and add more bitcoin to your protfolio.

Cons - Trading is risky and you can lose your money.

Wallet

pros - your bitcoin is safe.

cons - it is stagnant

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
February 13, 2018, 12:39:16 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

Exchager wallet is not safe if you are intending to hold your coins for a long term trading much if you download the main wallet of this coins and put it in safe place and hold it for a long time one year or 2 year then open it.

The people who do an exchange wallet storing is fool and they are putting their 1 foot on grave since Exchangers are not really safe since there would be a breach on the system which could lead them up to hacking. And its so advisable by the experts to store our balance on ledger or hardware wallet since this one will be the safest place where we can store our money without worrying of anything.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
io.ezystayz.com
February 13, 2018, 12:36:12 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

Exchager wallet is not safe if you are intending to hold your coins for a long term trading much if you download the main wallet of this coins and put it in safe place and hold it for a long time one year or 2 year then open it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 254
February 13, 2018, 12:31:22 AM
I follow two rules: Little funds to exchanger  - big funds to wallet. If a wallet is secure depends on the fact, if you own your private keys. A third party wallet is as unsecure as exchangers.
Here you can find great infos about wallets:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/general-bitcoin-wallets-which-what-why-1631151
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
February 13, 2018, 12:24:30 AM
I have a question.

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
If you like investing for a long run then you should buy Hardware wallet where you will store your coins/tokens. Though you can use free wallets online However it's better to use hardware wallet. For short term trading you, no have no choice but to store in the crypto exchange.

wallet is better, sure?
100% sure.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 12:16:23 AM
wallet is better, sure?
Activity: 336
February 13, 2018, 12:16:04 AM
I think it depends on the investment you want. If you want to invest in the short term then obviously an exchange. But if you want to invest long term then wallet is the best choice.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
February 13, 2018, 12:13:28 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
first what is point asking this.whats the motive behind being conscious of looking for better option,if you are just putting the coins to be safe,well i guess wallet is the answer,but if you want investment and sooner want to engaged in daytrading well the answer is exchanges mate.best thing is tell us what do you want for your coins so we can answer more appropriately
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
February 13, 2018, 12:10:06 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

Use the wallet to keep your coins safe then better if you use Ledger NaNo S which is an offline hardware wallet to ensure the safety from online hackers.You should send coins only for trading because even popular exchanges are now very vulnerable to be compromise by online hackers.
Activity: 148
February 13, 2018, 12:08:39 AM
better kept in the exchange wallet because it is more secure and can monitor the price of the altcoin at any time can be traded
Activity: 91
February 12, 2018, 11:59:49 PM
If you want to trade then obviously an exchange. You want trading in coins on daily basis buy or sell then go to exchange and If you want to hold your coins then obviously in wallet. wallet is safe because u have private key to access.
Activity: 140
Merit: 8
February 12, 2018, 11:41:31 PM
If you're a long term hodler, get them off exchanges and store them on a hardware wallet for safe keeping. Exchanges get hacked all the time. Even if you plan on holding coins short term like 1 - 2 weeks, I would still store the coins off the exchange to be secure. The only time you leave coins on an exchange is if you day trade.
Activity: 168
February 12, 2018, 11:27:14 PM
The main thing is not to keep everything in long bars on stock exchanges and online purses. It is best after the purchase, part of transfer to the desktop purse and save the wallet files, private keys on the flash drive (and preferably two). + Encrypt the USB flash drive.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
February 12, 2018, 11:26:41 PM
Wallet for the big bucks and maybe an exchange if you expect to be trading soon.
Activity: 197
Merit: 1
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
February 12, 2018, 11:16:40 PM
I stock coins on some exchanges because I'm learning to trade, But I still prefer Wallet..
Activity: 364
February 12, 2018, 11:13:48 PM
I have a question.

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

For i rather pick the wallet. Because many exchanger now are hijacking by a hacker its not safe to put your money in a exchanger. Even in a ICO and airdrop they recommend use wallet instead of exchanger.try store your coin/token in mytherwallet or imtoken. They are popular wallet
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
February 12, 2018, 11:11:06 PM
It is believed that the exchange for keep coins is not safe.  You never know what can happen to the stock exchange.  It is most correct to store coins on individual purses for each coin.  But it's very long.  I believe that the main thing is not to keep the altcoins in one place.  And better so - part on the exchange, part on MEV, Waves.  And for coins, which you bought for hold, it is better to have separate wallets.
Activity: 143
delicia - Decentralized Global Food Network
February 12, 2018, 10:54:53 PM
It depends on what did you do, trading or hold? If you are going to trade you must put on exchanged. Actually my coin is in the wallet it's because I planning to hold them for the long term and save for the future. 
Thats good idea, save your coin for the future, but of course be careful to keep your key to access your wallet.
In the exchanges account there possibility to hacked and lost your funds.
Activity: 39
February 12, 2018, 10:54:44 PM
So far I have had the best luck with wallets. However, if I want to trade or plan on trading anytime soon I will keep in on an exchange. Problem is when you run into things like Binance shutting down for days on end. Really hope this stuff gets more user friendly.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
February 12, 2018, 10:45:14 PM
Is it erc20 tokens and plans to hold it? If yes it is recommended to use a wallet which you hold your own private key. Your exchange account can be easily hacked if someone knows your email and password.
Jump to: