Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchanges that offer loan options - page 2. (Read 1305 times)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 332
May 18, 2022, 06:58:24 PM
I'm enjoying poloniex, but I guess I will check bitfinex as well. Maybe the lending rates are better.
Also, I've just started doing this, and the income I get is definitely much better than the one I would get from a bank investment, even doing some risk investment.

So anyone knows the real danger of this going wrong, and me ending up losing my coins?

Also mobnepal why do you say that about bitfinex? Do you know anyone who had problems with it?
Right now I will check the rates, but I don't want to take unnecessary risks.
That's up to you mate. The most important is that you are enjoying yourselves, in fact, trading doesn't really need to be serious, it is at least we are living our way comfortably. But since you are mentioning lending, you need to be careful with that and simply know your limitation, or else this will be the reason for your failure trying to commit used debts that make you hard to pay back. Because for me, this was not a good idea, indeed it becomes a burden to us especially if we lose.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 502
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
May 18, 2022, 11:58:58 AM
poloniex is the best pladed system lending and loan with margin trading
another poloniex is support margin tradng this mean can loan
1 kraken
2 bitmex
3 cex.io
4 bitfinex
5 okcoin.com (international)

and all china exchanger majority support margin trading huobi btcchina okcoin.cn
it's really Amazing to know about these exchanges and I am trying to trade in these exchanges and getting a new experiences of these exchanges. I am  already used Bitmex and bitfinex and now try to used others of this list.
Activity: 504
Merit: 131
November 13, 2017, 04:16:56 AM
there is a free lending bot on coinlend.org which uses the API of poloniex and bitfinex. The also list the best interest rates. They currently have plans to add quione I think. Would the more experienced people say that liqui.io is a safe option for keeping some ETH for a couple of days?

thanks
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
May 22, 2017, 07:05:48 PM
Is Lending on POLONIEX any good? I mean do people make decent money out of lending there and if you start lending what is the minimum you need to make a decent bit. Say I want to earn 50 usd a month from lending, how much Bitcoin do I need to have on sight to generate 50 bucks a month profit? I am seriously thinking about lending as a passive form of income so need to know roughly how much would be needed to generate that.

It's like brobbel said. The rates are very volatile. I already got rates between 0.07% and 2%, although the 2% was generated by the site. My lending offer was not entirely matched, and for some reason a very small part of it went at 2%. Right now, I would say I'm getting an average rate of 0.15%, which is quite good decent. With BTC at $2K you can make 50$ month at those average rates I'm getting (0.15%). It's not much, but it's better than a bank lol
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
May 22, 2017, 05:21:55 PM
poloniex is the best pladed system lending and loan with margin trading
another poloniex is support margin tradng this mean can loan
1 kraken
2 bitmex
3 cex.io
4 bitfinex
5 okcoin.com (international)

and all china exchanger majority support margin trading huobi btcchina okcoin.cn
Activity: 966
Merit: 342
May 22, 2017, 10:05:18 AM
Is Lending on POLONIEX any good? I mean do people make decent money out of lending there and if you start lending what is the minimum you need to make a decent bit. Say I want to earn 50 usd a month from lending, how much Bitcoin do I need to have on sight to generate 50 bucks a month profit? I am seriously thinking about lending as a passive form of income so need to know roughly how much would be needed to generate that.

The rate is even more volatile as bitcoin itself.

You can see current rate at https://poloniex.com/lending#BTC

Current loan offers (but when you take a look, it will be different!)

Loan Offers

Rate / Amount (BTC) / Duration

0.0892%   0.02362319   2 Days
0.0974%   0.01170060   5 Days
0.0979%   0.01000109   60 Days
0.0981%   0.00837539   2 Days
0.0984%   0.01090993   2 Days
0.0984%   0.01151564   2 Days
0.0985%   0.18914027   2 Days
0.0988%   0.06595990   2 Days
0.0988%   0.01322782   2 Days

When you offer a loan at -say- 0.1% there is a big chance it will be taken within 15 minutes or so, because above are only small amounts (in this scenario).

I've had rates as low as 0.015% and as high as 0.6789% - sometimes even better rates were available.

Poloniex will take 15% of your earnings.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
May 22, 2017, 09:04:25 AM
Activity: 2282
Merit: 532
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
May 22, 2017, 04:37:33 AM
Other than the lending service through our forum, poloniex has gained good reputation in the loan activities. It has gained a good reputation as it follows certain stepped process on loan approval. With our forum it's quite risk as there are newbies who request submitting fake collateral. This causes loss to the lender.
legendary
May 22, 2017, 03:51:18 AM
Since we already talked about poloniex, I also have a question regarding their verification process.
I read somewhere that when we are doing a level 2 verification (the one with the ID docs etc) we can't withdraw funds until the process is over.

My question is, if I start the process myself, will I still suffer the same problem, having my withdraws blocked until the process is over?
Activity: 686
May 21, 2017, 04:17:51 PM
So anyone knows the real danger of this going wrong, and me ending up losing my coins?
The dangers are just that the exchanges that offer these services are extremely poorly regulated, and that's a much higher risk than you might think at first.

A lot of people have already been complaining about slow withdrawals and extremely suspicious "DDoS attacks" with Poloniex.  Meanwhile Bitfinex doesn't process USD withdrawals or deposits, and even Liqui.io could become questionable at any point.

Margin lending is okay but you should be extremely careful about when you take your Bitcoin on and off different exchanges.  No one should treat exchanges as a wallet, so no one should hold all their funds in exchanges for any other reasons at all.

The danger is the exchange itself go down, close, runway suffer a real or fake hack.
I´ve read somewhere that in a serious and fast dump of a high volume of coins the lost for the lender could be to high and to fast so that the loan could be in default. I´m not sure if i read it right, because they say you have to have the ammount has collateral.
So i think the real danger as stated before is the exchange itself. as there is no kind of regulation, there can be a day when the guys decide to retire to an island with the users money. But that is true to money in lending as to the money in exchange or margin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!
May 21, 2017, 01:16:49 PM
The dangers are just that the exchanges that offer these services are extremely poorly regulated, and that's a much higher risk than you might think at first.

A lot of people have already been complaining about slow withdrawals and extremely suspicious "DDoS attacks" with Poloniex.  Meanwhile Bitfinex doesn't process USD withdrawals or deposits, and even Liqui.io could become questionable at any point.

Margin lending is okay but you should be extremely careful about when you take your Bitcoin on and off different exchanges.  No one should treat exchanges as a wallet, so no one should hold all their funds in exchanges for any other reasons at all.
Activity: 686
May 21, 2017, 10:50:08 AM
Bitfinex offers loans as well. Liqui.io as a lending service that is a little bit diferent.
They have 300 BTC and 10000 ETH available for lending for a fixed 24% yearly, i think its 0,066 a day. It comes from the fees they charge from trading and you have to wait for a part of those 300 or 10000 to be available.

Liqui exchange is a massive joke. They promise people 24% APR, but if you look at how they will generate this interest, then it obviously will give them a hard time with their insignificant trading volumes. And then we still have the main question open -- how much of their already insignificant volume is legit? It could very well be that they artificially wants you to believe that this exchange is active, while in reality, that's not the case.
With any new business you will always have the legitimacy problem on the table. As for how they will generate the profit for me its simple math. they limit the loan volume to 300 BTC overall. Its not 300 BTC per person. They only accept 300 BTC. from that they give 24 anually, 0.066% a day from the fees they collect. the fees are 0,35 (0,25+0,1). So they are offering 0,066 out of 0,35, not on all volume but on 300BTC. Its a way to do some marketing and publicity, maybe cheaper than some signature campaigns.
As for legitimacy, i wont talk about it because no one really nows if they close the site 5 minutes after i post this.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024
May 20, 2017, 10:59:35 PM
I think bitfinex is the only one that have similar lending feature, all other exchange platform have margin trading however don't allow users to lend their coins for those margin trading. Personally i don't like to even have 1 satoshi in bitfinex because their level of security is a big joke.

Bitfinex lending service is a good one but their trust have been shaken.  I no longer put my bitcoins in Bitfinex but i still see many people use their service, both lending and trading even knowing the fact that they were hacked last year and history can repeat itself.
Activity: 966
Merit: 342
May 20, 2017, 11:22:27 AM
I'm enjoying poloniex, but I guess I will check bitfinex as well. Maybe the lending rates are better.
Also, I've just started doing this, and the income I get is definitely much better than the one I would get from a bank investment, even doing some risk investment.
Please mind to share how often your capitals are being availed by traders and how many percentage you are making on daily basis.

I read somewhere like there are more lenders than traders who prefer margin trading hence lenders and their funds are on queue to be picked by future margin trader, is it true ?
If you are making good returns, I guess people here are still struggling with lending based business due to unawareness.

https://poloniex.com/support/aboutMarginTrading/

Lending rates differ frequently. At this time loan offers are from 0.1 - 0.1925 % for the first 10 BTC. This is a daily rate (!) offered for 2 days up to 60 days.

When you lend money it is for the fixed period; you can't withdraw earlier then the offered 2 (or more) days. The trader however can decide to repay earlier. That's why I use Poloniexlendingbot.com (there are several different bots, this one has 10% fee, but there are bots without fee available). The bot frequently looks if money is paid back and set the money for a new loan offer for the rate of that moment. (I had sometimes loans for over 0.015 up to over 0.66% per day)

When the trader is going to loose money because of bad trades, then Poloniex can decide to do a forced liquidation to make sure the lender will have his money back.

The most important risks:
- Poloniex going bankrupt or being hacked
- When there is a major drop in value so big and/or fast that Poloniex isn't able to recover your money in case of a forced liquidation

I'm however not aware any of those happened in the recent past.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
May 20, 2017, 11:10:39 AM
Please mind to share how often your capitals are being availed by traders and how many percentage you are making on daily basis.

I read somewhere like there are more lenders than traders who prefer margin trading hence lenders and their funds are on queue to be picked by future margin trader, is it true ?
If you are making good returns, I guess people here are still struggling with lending based business due to unawareness.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
May 20, 2017, 07:33:29 AM
I believe only poloniex is the versatile provider here. It covers altcoin trading+lending+margin trading.

Bittrex has margin trading but no lending facility. Margin trading is available only to top verified account holders.

Kraken, cex.io, huobi are having margin trading for fiat based trading. Yet no lending possible.

Bitfinex is another leader but in bitcoin trading. They offer both lending and margin trading.

(I guess this topic leads to a useful service discussion topic of listing out exchanges and it's services in margin trading/lending.)

I'd second poloniex. Its really simple to use from experience they allow you to loan 2x of the amount that you currently have. User guides are directly available on their website.

Although there are some times that poloniex lags, it should only be temporary as they are in the process of upgrading their servers. Or so they say.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 542
May 20, 2017, 06:31:08 AM

Also mobnepal why do you say that about bitfinex? Do you know anyone who had problems with it?

If I may chime in. Maybe mobnepal was referring to $60 million bitfinex hacked on 2016. That's why it was no longer a trusted site for most of us casual traders. You wouldn't imagine sitting your ETH/BTC on that site for lending then suddenly it was hacked so all your precious coins gone just like that. So just be cautious putting 100% of your btc on bitfinex or any other exchanges for that matter.
legendary
May 20, 2017, 05:40:36 AM

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
May 18, 2017, 03:02:24 PM
I think bitfinex is the only one that have similar lending feature, all other exchange platform have margin trading however don't allow users to lend their coins for those margin trading. Personally i don't like to even have 1 satoshi in bitfinex because their level of security is a big joke.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
May 18, 2017, 01:57:17 PM
Bitfinex offers loans as well. Liqui.io as a lending service that is a little bit diferent.
They have 300 BTC and 10000 ETH available for lending for a fixed 24% yearly, i think its 0,066 a day. It comes from the fees they charge from trading and you have to wait for a part of those 300 or 10000 to be available.

Liqui exchange is a massive joke. They promise people 24% APR, but if you look at how they will generate this interest, then it obviously will give them a hard time with their insignificant trading volumes. And then we still have the main question open -- how much of their already insignificant volume is legit? It could very well be that they artificially wants you to believe that this exchange is active, while in reality, that's not the case.
Pages:
Jump to: