Pages:
Author

Topic: Expedia Starts Accepting Bitcoin for Hotel Bookings - page 4. (Read 4812 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196
Reputation first.
650-750$ Is the right price because the news that Expedia accepts Bitcoin is a little part of BIG news (Ebay will start accepting Bitcoin in the next future, and Microsoft studing it now) !
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Stop the potato genocide!
Expedia, the big online travel site, announced on Wednesday it will begin accepting bitcoin for hotel bookings through its website.

Thus it is becoming the first major travel-agency to take the digital currency.

If the reception is good, the company said it expects to bring bitcoin to its other service lines as well.

Expedia is the latest big-name retailer to embrace bitcoin. Overstock.com started accepting it in January, and the Chicago Sun-Times began accepting it in April. Dish Network announced in May that it would start accepting bitcoin. There are other travel-related services out there that take bitcoin, some smaller individual travel agencies and 9Flats, an online apartment rental site. CheapAir.com began accepting it in November. But none have the size or exposure of Expedia, which bills itself as the world’s largest full-service travel site.

Don't tell me this isn't great news!  Grin  Grin  Grin

Unfortunately, it isn't.
Walk-in rates at hotels and direct airline and vehicle bookings are almost always cheaper than booking through sites like Expedia.
Frequent travelers rarely use Expedia. In fact, first-time users are usually crestfallen once they see the prices when checking in at hotels.
There is a reason why Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, etc are all struggling - they do not have the volume to negotiate larger deals within the very fragmented travel and tourism industries.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Time frame for the poll is for this month.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
So, bad news causes price to drop but good news doesn't cause price to rise??? What kind of investment is btc???

It will take a little time for it to sink in and show up in the price. We have had such a run of good news lately that it doesn't have as dramatic an impact.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
A proper weird one.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
So, bad news causes price to drop but good news doesn't cause price to rise??? What kind of investment is btc???
Activity: 764
Merit: 500
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
It really does seem that the spread of Bitcoin is continuing. Very encouraging.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
What's the time scale of the poll? I don't think it'll do much or anything in the short term. Long term it adds a nice foundation to the launchpad.
It is great news, but that doesn't mean price will go up.

It's my hope that by them accepting it that other major players will follow suit adding to bitcoins growth and adoption.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
It is great news, but that doesn't mean price will go up.
Expedia, the big online travel site, announced on Wednesday it will begin accepting bitcoin for hotel bookings through its website.

Thus it is becoming the first major travel-agency to take the digital currency.

If the reception is good, the company said it expects to bring bitcoin to its other service lines as well.

Expedia is the latest big-name retailer to embrace bitcoin. Overstock.com started accepting it in January, and the Chicago Sun-Times began accepting it in April. Dish Network announced in May that it would start accepting bitcoin. There are other travel-related services out there that take bitcoin, some smaller individual travel agencies and 9Flats, an online apartment rental site. CheapAir.com began accepting it in November. But none have the size or exposure of Expedia, which bills itself as the world’s largest full-service travel site.

Don't tell me this isn't great news!  Grin  Grin  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: