Author

Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com? - page 128. (Read 60679 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 02:38:33 PM
It remains mystery why it was so hard to post this news two weeks ago, day/two after issues happened ...

Yeah, I am still extremely skeptical and am still not counting on them coming back at this point.

its funny how all the people were playing FBI and CIA to track down the admins, finding out that there were multiple false addresses and phone numbers used in setting up this exchange but now that they found the time to make a statement all of that does not matter anymore?
seems like the fear of losing money is still not as big as fear of missing out  Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
January 19, 2018, 02:37:20 PM
Can anyone withdraw on CMS? I allways get a message that withdraw.php is missing on the server... I have some ECA parked there and dont really get anything of staking...

It's been removed long time ago to prevent people from withdrawing money.
Activity: 26
January 19, 2018, 02:34:45 PM
Can anyone withdraw on CMS? I allways get a message that withdraw.php is missing on the server... I have some ECA parked there and dont really get anything of staking...
Activity: 13
January 19, 2018, 02:34:13 PM
My first thought would be staking, but who knows.  Huh
Activity: 43
January 19, 2018, 01:20:18 PM
I managed to login to the site and check my balances, for EMB it said the 'Trade Engine is offline' - I take that meaning I can't create a withdrawal address.

I also saw my BTC balance which on the site shows still 0.051 BTC, but when I checked on Blockexplorer I have 0.101 BTC - I don't quite understand why there is that much in my wallet because I know I only had 0.051 BTC in there.

Having said that the EMB I had in my wallet was at the time of buying equal to 0.05 BTC, so the balance I have now with the EMB would make what is in the wallet the correct sum.

Thoughts?

Also withdrawal isn't possible at this time either.

Did you have those 0.5BTC in your BTC wallet before buying EMB? I don't know the details of how exchanges implement their wallets but I have to think they don't actually transfer coins on the blockchain as you make in-exchange purchases. Those fees would be killer. So I expect they will play with the balances in the exchange database, and you only see the correct amount when they pull it from there. The actual wallets showing on blockchains might show whatever. How they manage large transactions and people moving different amounts after buying and selling many coins many times on exchange I don't know. I would expect some master wallet to exist but no idea.

Anyone with better idea, would be interested to hear how this is typically done..

Activity: 107
January 19, 2018, 01:09:54 PM
It remains mystery why it was so hard to post this news two weeks ago, day/two after issues happened ...

Yeah, I am still extremely skeptical and am still not counting on them coming back at this point.
Activity: 191
Merit: 12
January 19, 2018, 12:46:13 PM
Activity: 6
January 19, 2018, 12:03:16 PM
Don't believe any FUD or anything you read on bitcointalk, twitter, facebook, etc etc etc.  The "ONLY" place to get news is from their website.

https://coinsmarkets.com/news.php

"We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam, Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section."

Again, they are poor communicators but they are working to restore service.  Or... this is the longest, most socio-pathic, evil, poor grammar, and slowest technical team on earth.  But at least the signs point to coins still in wallets and no clear-cut proof that anyone made off with money.

For now, people need to calm-the-fk-down. 

In fact, all you people that made previous fraud inquiries to various ISP vendors... Well, it would be nice to consider the recent facts, emails, "news" releases from https://coinsmarkets.com/news.php and then call those ISP services back to admit that you can't prove a fraud for sure and that you apologize for delaying their return further than what has been needed. 

Yes, this is coinsmarkets.com fault but that doesn't mean all the fraud claims haven't hurt real people.  The right thing to do is to make contact again and try to help everyone get back on track.

I'm thinking the same. All other stuff is only FUD. At this moment the only info is this on coinsmarkets.com. Why should they wait over weeks for taking the coins???
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
January 19, 2018, 12:02:12 PM
Don't believe any FUD or anything you read on bitcointalk, twitter, facebook, etc etc etc.  The "ONLY" place to get news is from their website.

"We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam, Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section."

Again, they are poor communicators but they are working to restore service.  Or... this is the longest, most socio-pathic, evil, poor grammar, and slowest technical team on earth.  But at least the signs point to coins still in wallets and no clear-cut proof that anyone made off with money.

In fact, all you people that made previous fraud inquiries to various ISP vendors... Well, it would be nice to consider the recent facts, emails, "news" releases from https://coinsmarkets.com/news.php and then call those ISP services back to admit that you can't prove a fraud for sure and that you apologize for delaying their return further than what has been needed. 

Yes, this is coinsmarkets.com fault but that doesn't mean all the fraud claims haven't hurt real people.  The right thing to do is to make contact again and try to help everyone get back on track.

Exactly. I think the traffic is already a lot less, because people don't check 50 times on a day anymore if the site is up again. Communication is just beyond very bad. That changes nothing, that some anarchy which broke out here is just insane. If at least some have the courage to contact the ISP again and say they were wrong, this would be a very kind act.

An ETA would have been great, but if I wait a few days more, that's fine with me, at least it looks good to get the tokens back!
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
January 19, 2018, 11:35:37 AM

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
January 19, 2018, 11:23:26 AM

So, what is date of that email presented week ago on twitter? I don't see any.

It was posted the same day (12 January) that the email was received.  The time stamp is on the email but not the date because it was posted the same day (12 January).  This is normal format for most email systems.  Look at the twitter account.  Not new and from someone supporting a relevant coin interest. 
Activity: 54
January 19, 2018, 10:48:53 AM
Ok now we know it is not a scam site. Stupid off the people behind coinsmarkets not to communicate in more detail the past 2 weeks, life would have been easier for the clients and coinsmarkets self also. But we have to stop insinuations and FUD now. Let them fix the site ASAP.
Activity: 51
January 19, 2018, 10:35:49 AM
News on the site
News
About the down time ,
Time : 2018-01-19
First let us explain what is coinsmarkets , we are based on 2 investor , 1 admin , 1 coder , 2 senior support and 4 general support .

In November last year 1 of senior support left the team , It is hard enough to hire a new one , this work is based on a lot of trust , so we still waiting for correct condidat .

Now let's move to the issue , in December we experienced a lot of new users and huge volume , we were ready for double or even triple volume but in our case it was 10x +.

From here all kind of problem start with servers ,

Now add to that the last senior support remaining have some family issue and was forced to be off  most of the time .

In addition to all that there was some db corruption issue we faced due to the overload and later hosting issue.

So a lot of work to do with a lot of missing stuff.

Please understand that in exchange you can't just go and hire someone and trust him millions of dollars .

We are sorry for lack of comunication about issue we have thought that people already trust us enough , and we invested 100% of time in restoring the site .

Now issue with hosting , hosting complained about a lot of fraud report from users about our service . We find this really hard to explain , it is clear that not even a single coin has moved from our wallets , and once again we are here to stay ,

We have not even released 10% of our road map , there is a lot of new future to be added in the nearest future.

A week ago we started negoation with new host that can accept similar service , we initiated the move ,

The Database was fixed yesterday night .

Now remain to setup new servers , few fix here and there and service will be restored ,

We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam ,

Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section .

Servers issues
Time : 2018-01-03
We have few servers issue we are working on fixing them , all should be back to normal soon,

Awesome! I knew they were not a scam. As long as they update us once a year, it should be okay.
Activity: 8
January 19, 2018, 10:35:30 AM
I managed to login to the site and check my balances, for EMB it said the 'Trade Engine is offline' - I take that meaning I can't create a withdrawal address.

I also saw my BTC balance which on the site shows still 0.051 BTC, but when I checked on Blockexplorer I have 0.101 BTC - I don't quite understand why there is that much in my wallet because I know I only had 0.051 BTC in there.

Having said that the EMB I had in my wallet was at the time of buying equal to 0.05 BTC, so the balance I have now with the EMB would make what is in the wallet the correct sum.

Thoughts?

Also withdrawal isn't possible at this time either.
Activity: 41
January 19, 2018, 10:13:21 AM
at least they still doing their job. Smiley
Activity: 70
January 19, 2018, 09:57:01 AM
TL;DR summary of their post.

Waaah, we are a small team, waaah.
Excuses.Excuses.Excuses.
Eventually we will be back online, keep trusting us.
Activity: 107
January 19, 2018, 09:44:32 AM
I do not know how to insert screenshots, you can see for yourself by going to coinsmarkets.com

Here's a screesnshot: https://i.imgur.com/9jA1xnJ.png
Activity: 53
January 19, 2018, 09:41:17 AM
MESSAGE FROM  NEWS SECTION ON COINSMARKETS!! 
POST MADE 19th January!!

FINALLY WE'VE GOT AN EXPLANATION.
First let us explain what is coinsmarkets , we are based on 2 investor , 1 admin , 1 coder , 2 senior support and 4 general support .

In November last year 1 of senior support left the team , It is hard enough to hire a new one , this work is based on a lot of trust , so we still waiting for correct condidat .

Now let's move to the issue , in December we experienced a lot of new users and huge volume , we were ready for double or even triple volume but in our case it was 10x +.

Now add to that the last senior support remaining have some family issue and was forced to be off  most of the time .

In addition to all that there was some db corruption issue we faced due to the overload and later hosting issue.

Please understand that in exchange you can't just go and hire someone and trust him millions of dollars .

We are sorry for lack of comunication about issue we have thought that people already trust us enough , and we invested 100% of time in restoring the site .

Now issue with hosting , hosting complained about a lot of fraud report from users about our service . We find this really hard to explain , it is clear that not even a single coin has moved from our wallets , and once again we are here to stay ,

We have not even released 10% of our road map , there is a lot of new future to be added in the nearest future.

A week ago we started negoation with new host that can accept similar service , we initiated the move ,

Now remain to setup new servers , few fix here and there and service will be restored ,

We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam ,

Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section .

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 09:34:20 AM
I do not know how to insert screenshots, you can see for yourself by going to coinsmarkets.com
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 09:28:23 AM
News on the site
News
About the down time ,
Time : 2018-01-19

Servers issues
Time : 2018-01-03
We have few servers issue we are working on fixing them , all should be back to normal soon,
Jump to: