Pages:
Author

Topic: F2F Filesharing Darknet - Anyone's interested ? - page 3. (Read 24769 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I tried Alliance, but I didn't have anyone else to use it with. It's written in Java, so it was running slow on my system anyway.
legendary
Activity: 860
Merit: 1021
I didn't really expect much more but if we put it in relation with almost-full-speed f2f networks it's just no option for me.
I2PHex doesn't even connect to any host.
iMule has about 190 nodes now and yes torrents seem to be the most popular filesharing thing inside .i2p

If anyone's interested in a f2f filesharing network with me, here are some details:
- about 2 TB of content to share
- DSL 3000 connection, but will probably updated to DSL32k soon
Activity: 532
Merit: 505

can you recommend any filesharing service inside the i2p service ?
i heard about i2pshark a while ago, but not sure if its the best/most common solution.

EDIT: ok I gave i2p a try, but seriously, it's terribly slow.
I tried iMule, I2PHex and I2Psnark and I really prefer my darknet solution.

i'm actually not using i2p for filesharing myself (but for anon-webhosting),
I2Psnark is the build-in bt-client, that comes bundled with the node,
torrents are used most in I2P i'd guess, followed by iMule.

and of course it's terribly slow, it's speed will rise with it's userbase,
if your the only one using it, downloads will take forever,
if theres just >500users on iMule and only 2 of them got ur file
and those 2 set theyr connection to 64kbit/sec (which will then be spread into all network-traffic of that node),
then theres just a few kbits/sec left for you to suck on, what did u expect?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
So, if anyone's interested ... the offer for a filesharing darknet is still open Smiley

Feh, Darknets. Brightnets are way shinier.  Grin

Not that I'm using either, but being a smartass, I just had to comment.  Cheesy
legendary
i2p filesharing is also kinda "closed".
but i see what you mean.

can you recommend any filesharing service inside the i2p service ?
i heard about i2pshark a while ago, but not sure if its the best/most common solution.

EDIT: ok I gave i2p a try, but seriously, it's terribly slow.
I tried iMule, I2PHex and I2Psnark and I really prefer my darknet solution.

So, if anyone's interested ... the offer for a filesharing darknet is still open Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 505
i dont like those closed networks,
maybe my definition of filesharing is just different.

i prefer "free for all" networks, like i2p,
combine it with whatever filesharing-client suits you best
and u'v got a nice, free p2p community that doesnt even have to worry about where to host its websites.
legendary
Hi,

I'm trying to find people for a F2F filesharing network for quite some time now, and I think here, in an forum with members who care about anonymity, I might think I could find some people who are interested in such a thing.

I prefer AllianceP2P for the software, because it has the ability to encrypt the traffic, is open-source and easy to use, but if you persist to use another software, feel free to tell me to use that instead.

http://www.alliancep2p.com/
Alliance is a private and secure place to share files and communicate with people you know. It is easy to use and free.

Technically Alliance takes the best parts of BitTorrent (advanced multi-source downloading), DirectConnect (community) and WASTE (security).

With Alliance users create their own networks. You can either start a new network or get invited into an existing network by another Alliance user.

Alliance is free and open source. It works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Alliance is completely decentralized.

Encryption is an important part of Alliance. Robust encryption (AES over SSL) has been implemented and is available as an experimental option in Alliance. By default Alliance runs on a very simplistic encryption algorithm. Even with the simple encryption Alliance is more secure than normal P2P networks since you only connect to your trusted friends.
Pages:
Jump to: