Pages:
Author

Topic: Facebook is serious about launching a Crypto !!!!! - page 5. (Read 573 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 252
This will definitely be very interesting as we would expect Facebook to develop a proper coin. one would also expect with the many followers that Facebook has and also the fact that its a mega company  that this coin should prove to be very valuable, they have however said they will take their time in developing the coin for use on their platform , i suspect however that plans are tweeked/changed as the development process happens . what is clear though is that they have been working on this for a year now and recently the team working on this project was ramped up in fact David Marcus has particular responsibility for this project,suggesting that this is a very important and major project for them.
Activity: 331
Merit: 13
It would be a nice one. I'm expecting the coin to be airdropped. They don't need to do ICO as they already have enough money.
The coin will be a big boost to cryptocurrencies. Waiting for more updates from the team.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
The number of active Facebook users for 2008 is 2.19 billion monthly.
Facebook is serious about launching a Crypto !!!!!
another big coin Huh
https://cryptobriefing.com/ready-for-facebook-coin/

What's the purpose of the "potential" Facebook coin?
What can we, normal investors, get profit from it?
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
God new if this happen,When  facebook launch his own crypto, sure most social media will follow suit, a proof that the world will accepted cryptocurrency faster than imagine, the crypto world is evolving yearly.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
I do not understand why such companies ICO. They have enough money for development. Just to have your own crypto coin and nothing more.
I have read the article and it says the "fortunately they will not launched an ICO". It would be non-sense if they will have an ICO because Facebook has already made a lot of money throughout the years of existence.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
another big coin Huh

Just rumors,  something out of nothing. And such coin will be some hybrid/centralized/on fully governed blockchain if they really launch it. Not interesting.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
Its funny how quick things  can quickly change, a few months ago we were getting news of crypto advertising being banned on these platforms

now today these guys want to step in the deeper waters  Roll Eyes Would be surprised if twitter was next....

But should they proceed with launching this crypto, this has the potential to join the top 100 coins because the platform can take advantage of the number of users it has.

facebook have not changed quickly. the banning of adverts were about preventing their customers from seeing scam coins begging for investors using deceipt. they do not want to be seen as endorcing a scam.. facebook was avoiding lawsuits by preventing its users from being scammed by ICO's
however facebook does not ban discussion/groups talking about crypto.
its not banning crypto its banning scammy ICO's.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
how can this happen if this news happens right after facebook prohibits advertisement about cryptocurrency but why facebook want to discharge its own crypto
Activity: 124
Merit: 1
I think this a a plus for Facebook if eventually carryout the project and become successful. Remember that Facebook once have what they called Facebook Credit which was abandoned but we pray that this project become successful for us to have a bigger coin in the world of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Kudos to all the team that are working on this lucrative project.
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
If you have such a huge number of users reachable it does indeed make sense to create its own coin. But why do you refer to their traffic in 2008? We need to know the traffic after it turned out that they sold the data of its users? This coin might will become some kind of a spy coin! Cheesy
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
homt.net
I think its not possible. Where facebook banned all crypto related topics/post. And continue deleting cryptocurrency related status/post.
SO, maybe its fake news not real. Its just an article, so we should ignore this.
Activity: 166
I've read news about it that facebook will launch a coin called Facebook Coin (FBC) but the clarity about the plan is not sustainable
Activity: 581
Merit: 108
Its funny how quick things  can quickly change, a few months ago we were getting news of crypto advertising being banned on these platforms

now today these guys want to step in the deeper waters  Roll Eyes Would be surprised if twitter was next....

But should they proceed with launching this crypto, this has the potential to join the top 100 coins because the platform can take advantage of the number of users it has.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
another big coin Huh
Yes it seems that Facebook will launch a cryptocurrency and i also read a similar news yesterday and it is currently not known whether they would do an initial coin offering or just sell their coins to people in a fixed price, or maybe they can also reward their coins for certain tasks and achievements in facebook games.
There can be many uses for the Facebook cryptocurrency but lets see how this goes in future and whether or not there would be an ICO.
Activity: 181
Merit: 3
if Facebook properly launched the crypto. this is a fresh breeze for the bitcoiners. hopefully the price of crypto will continue and improve. and hopefully there's another fresh breeze coming up .
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
facebook is NOT making a crypto currency

facebooks "facebook credit" is not a currency that can be redeemed for cash. its a one way purchase and consume token. meaning that users cannot buy facebook credits to then pass to a friend and the friend cash out.
facebook do not want to get into the industry of competing against western union. and other money transmitter businesses. because the licencing costs of such would raid their advertising profits.

instead facebook want to utilise the blockchain (data security) concepts.
yes they want to utility th data security of their facebook credit. but its not going to be a fiat enter&exit coin for its users. its going to be the same as its facebook credit, but secured on their servrs usin blockchain tech as oppose to standard database security. thus saving them costs on security/auditing and preventing internal malicious actors

there wont be an ICO, wont be an airdrop. wont be a market. it will be done as a retail product. you buy it and use it.

in short. facebook is not treated as a money transmitter business becuse it does not let FBcredit holders sell their coin publicly. facebook have their FBcredit as a retail product. all that will change is facebooks background/security of their data/credit. nothing will change on the users front end/public side
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
facebook is a great way to advertise bitcoin because many of today's people often go facebook intagram twitter. We need to share with every facebook in crypto currency.
Activity: 283
Little wonder they have been acting weird and strange lately, i knew it is just a matter of time before they come out with this, just about everybody wants to have a share in the market. I just hope it doesn't end up shitty.
Goodluck to Facebook.
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
This is a great for facebook to start a build blockchain services. About launching crypto in facebook they didnt have ico release i think the facebook coin is make a real money..
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
another big coin Huh

That is true that facebook is launching their own cryptocurrency. After their move to ban cryptocurrency related ICO's and advertisements facebook have decided to create their own version of cryptocurrency. But this may take several years before they can really implement it and also do not look for ICO's since there will be no ICOs for this.
Pages:
Jump to: