Pages:
Author

Topic: Facebook marketing ban - Will google follow? - page 2. (Read 511 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
February 18, 2018, 02:36:56 PM
Google has suffered enough with the boycott from the big companies when it comes about YouTube.
I doubt Google will risk to lose a lot of money from the crypto ads just because of morals and scams. On facebook things get a little more personal, but Google, they don't care that much.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
February 18, 2018, 02:34:29 PM
i have recently reading that article and the last part of the article said if google will realize it then it will have no effect for ICO project because they still can do promote their project through another ways but i liked the idea about Google have to identify ICO advertisers by requiring important informations such as physical addresses and even the details regarding upcoming ICO project to avoid scam project
Activity: 182
February 18, 2018, 02:31:26 PM
I doubt it, but I'm kinda hoping that Google and many other sites would follow through.
Activity: 840
Merit: 375
February 18, 2018, 02:29:52 PM
Hey all,

What do you think? Will google ban ICO marketing?
How will that effect investers to you opinion?

Further read:
https://www.coinannouncer.com/ico-ban-will-google-follow-facebooks-steps/
That's strange.
It is said that Facebook banned ICOs,new coins from being advertised but I still see ICOs and even ponzi schemes being displayed when I surf through Facebook.
Did they change their mind or the ban hammer didn't kick yet?
I don't think that Google Adsense will follow since as far as I know a big chunk of current ads displayed in Google Adsense are cryptorelated that would make a big lose for them
Activity: 168
February 18, 2018, 02:22:05 PM
No google doesnt give a shit with anyone until you stopped paying them,google has less censoreship compare to facebook that has been changing their terms and condition in regular basis,google is more open to almost anything because they have google adsense which is the biggest advertising program in the world,so there will be less chance that google will ban ICO advertisements.

Yeah I don't think google cares as long as they're not harming google directly in any way.
Activity: 194
Merit: 10
February 18, 2018, 02:18:52 PM
No google doesnt give a shit with anyone until you stopped paying them,google has less censoreship compare to facebook that has been changing their terms and condition in regular basis,google is more open to almost anything because they have google adsense which is the biggest advertising program in the world,so there will be less chance that google will ban ICO advertisements.
Activity: 140
February 18, 2018, 02:13:22 PM
Hey all,

Further read:

I think if Google wanted to ban the promotion of ICO he would have already done it after Facebook. But since he hasn't done, it is unlikely, though, to say exactly of course, no one can
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
February 18, 2018, 02:10:21 PM
Its plain baseless conjecture, one that has made no difference to the market or facebook members, and obviously will not matter on google either.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
February 18, 2018, 01:43:40 PM
I do not think google will do the same thing as Facebook. Google was set up major for things similar to this nature. It help to bring stuff and projects like this to limelight. Google is also for marketing, so i do not see how it will happen.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 22
February 18, 2018, 01:41:34 PM
Facebook announced that it will ban cryptocurrencies... acting like they own the internet... the web is much larger than facebook and they don't control it. Their statement means nothing to cryptocurrencies. Similarly, when google decides to ban all cryptocurrencies, it might cause slight disappointment in the market but eventually the market will recover when investors find out that google's statement meant nothing. These giant companies control a huge portion of the web marketing but they don't control the web itself.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 01:35:13 PM
Yes, now a very terrible situation with these social networks, I honestly do not understand why this is happening now, because social networks are a great place to show people new opportunities in the crypto currency, but for some reason the administration of facebook decided to ban this business
Activity: 25
February 18, 2018, 01:32:03 PM
i think google supports crypto because they even made metamask. im guessing they have been planning many things from behind. blockchain has many opportunities and many wide possibilities to improve. im not sure in facebooks but hearing that they ban marketing related to crypto, Im guessing they aren't benefiting from it.
Activity: 224
February 16, 2018, 11:35:51 PM
Hey all,

Further read:

Actually facebook is still advertising ICOs and cryptocurrencies. I believe they have a screening process befor ethey put crypto ads in their website. They are regulating to avoid scams and other fraud on crytocurrencies. In terms of google, they will not ban ads for cryptos because they are also earning from it.
Activity: 336
February 16, 2018, 11:24:07 PM
Hey all,

Further read:

Perhaps Google also stop advertising ICO. But for me it does not matter, because I learn about new projects on this forum. I think Facebook and Google will simply lose money from the ban on advertising.
Activity: 602
Merit: 104
February 13, 2018, 05:28:48 PM
this very bad decision will ruin the reputation of Facebook. people themselves decide what to publish and read, if it does not contradict the law and morals
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
Look ARROUND!
February 13, 2018, 09:42:26 AM
I don't think google will do that. Google is known as more open in that regard.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
February 13, 2018, 09:40:29 AM
I hope not Google is smarter than Bitcoin I don't think they will ban that because there are a lot of adsense publishers that are cryptorelated so a big percentage of their advertisers will lose profit and will shift to another advertising company Google is more bigger than facebook in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
February 13, 2018, 09:39:57 AM
It will be harder for ICOs to reachout new investors in crypto because of these marketing ban. But why should they worry about it when there are tons of investors here in the forum and still these campaign can be set up manually by liking and sharing post on facebook. As long as the team can create a facebook page and update followers, they can still reach out people interested in crypto.
Activity: 504
February 13, 2018, 09:34:52 AM
It seems to me that Google is a company that has no political considerations on this matter. Although of course everything can be, because as far as I remember they had some problems with the Crimean peninsula
Activity: 280
February 13, 2018, 09:34:18 AM
To this day, half the advertisements i see on Facebook is still ICO's.
So not sure this ban is very effective or if it is just some BS by Facebook.
At least I see the same amount of ICO advertisements as I did before the "ban"
Pages:
Jump to: