Pages:
Author

Topic: FACTS about Multipools and why you shouldn't mine on them - page 2. (Read 5437 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
Personally the miner in the end of the day has to pay the bills and will do it no matter what JMO. Merged mining should be the way to go, but sadly only few are merge mineable.
Activity: 80
Yes we will mine promising coins like spaincoin for free instead of making money on multipools. Will go switch rigs, brb!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Any pool that mines and converts to btc is good for btc because it puts more buy pressure on btc which makes it more scarce and more valuable.  To hell with how well the alt coins do.  Only the strong will survive and raise their status as viable crypto-currency.

couldn't have said it better.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Any pool that mines and converts to btc is good for btc because it puts more buy pressure on btc which makes it more scarce and more valuable.  To hell with how well the alt coins do.  Only the strong will survive and raise their status as viable crypto-currency.
Activity: 462
Does anyone else see the irony in the Spaincoin dev coming in here and calling anything a 'scam'?

But anyway, to state that Multipools earn less than mining a single coin is not accurate.  If it was, nobody would mine on them.  See, there's one thing miners are very sensitive to and that's profits.

Miners have a choice in pools, and some are more transparent than others.  You can get a general sense of how profit-switching pools are doing (vs. LTC at least) by using a site like poolpicker.eu, or test yourself.  But if someone wants to throw their hash down a hole and get a payment in BTC who are we to judge.

His statement would also lead someone to possibly scrypt-n which is what spaincoin cough i mean shitcoin is
Activity: 62
Multipool is the biggest scam scheme implemented to scam the miners.You will always get less as compare to when your are mining on a single pool.

So which is it?  Multipools make more profits or they don't...  ?

This site is just full of people posting with agendas.  I'm sure some multipools scam and some don't.  This blanket statement is absurd though.
We've been very clear about it. Multipools make very healthy profits. Multipools don't give said profits to their miners.
The only multipools that don't scam are those which can't (those that don't have a significant enough hashpower to rape coins).

You're basically making things up. Unless you can personally audit the transactions you have no proof one way or the other whether ANY pool is scamming you. Just because they throw up numbers on a web page does not mean those numbers have anything to do with reality. There's no organization like the SEC or FDIC who comes through and audits the books to make sure everyone is playing nice.
Activity: 364
SpainCoin.org
Multipool is the biggest scam scheme implemented to scam the miners.You will always get less as compare to when your are mining on a single pool.

So which is it?  Multipools make more profits or they don't...  ?

This site is just full of people posting with agendas.  I'm sure some multipools scam and some don't.  This blanket statement is absurd though.
We've been very clear about it. Multipools make very healthy profits. Multipools don't give said profits to their miners.
The only multipools that don't scam are those which can't (those that don't have a significant enough hashpower to rape coins).
Activity: 405

So which is it?  Multipools make more profits or they don't...  ?

This site is just full of people posting with agendas.  I'm sure some multipools scam and some don't.  This blanket statement is absurd though.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
I've noticed on Coinwarz that a lot of the alts hashrates are whipsawing all over the place, likely because of multipools.

I used them for a while but am planning to move to P2Pool because we should support peering opposed to centralized pools which have proven dangerous. If you want to mine different kinds of coins, set up dedicated miners for them, and pick coins that are actually offering something beyond just existing as a speculative plaything.  

In my case multipooling actually screwed me, with Continuumcoin in particular. My miners pulled in a bunch of it, and then the coin basically died at the exchanges leaving me with a pile of coins I cannot get rid of. From now on I will only mine coins with solid trade volume.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Does anyone else see the irony in the Spaincoin dev coming in here and calling anything a 'scam'?

But anyway, to state that Multipools earn less than mining a single coin is not accurate.  If it was, nobody would mine on them.  See, there's one thing miners are very sensitive to and that's profits.

Miners have a choice in pools, and some are more transparent than others.  You can get a general sense of how profit-switching pools are doing (vs. LTC at least) by using a site like poolpicker.eu, or test yourself.  But if someone wants to throw their hash down a hole and get a payment in BTC who are we to judge.
But also regular pool are destroying coins! They mine them! Then people sell them! And pool owners CAN STEAL YOUR MONEY AWARE SCAM SCAM SACAM
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
Dont worry too much about it. The market is fixing the problem as we type. Most multipools are just doge/litecoin pools now.
New coins will just have to adapt their algorithms.
Multipools pay so little over mining doge or lite... Many of us just switch back to litecoin mining as it has more potential for growth in the medium term with less risk then others.
Activity: 364
SpainCoin.org
Not with this pool: http://tauruspool.com/multipool
All the mined blocks are published, exchange rates are published. Not a single coin is lost for miners.
Your pool is far too small (15Mh is tiny) to be able game the system. As soon as you get big enough you'll be able to rape coins and scam miners, just like pretty much every other multipool does. Besides, publishing blocks mined means nothing, you could mine more blocks than you claim you mined, of course at this point cheating on that is pointless for you, because you can't game the system yet anyway- you're not in a position yet to be able to scam miners.
All the mined blocks are published, exchange rates are published. Not a single coin is lost for miners.

yay another multipool
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
LOL, [insert county]coin dev talks about scams.

No, multipools don't scam miners.
Yes, multipools can kill your shitty clone coins.

I second that.
And even if they steal, well, i'm ready to pay for my convenience Smiley

Third.  I like the ease of use multi pools offer.

Also,  It's humorous to read scamcoins claiming that multipools are scams.  Wake up sheeple!
Activity: 448
Activity: 766
Merit: 509
I wanted to make this thread about a month ago but never got around to it.  I completely agree. Multipools need to be taken down.  Don't forget about the autosell feature that just allows miners to dump coins as soon as they get them.

If you want to make real money mining then get on a real pool, mine a coin with good potential, and hold until the value rises so you get more bang for your hashing power without destroying hard work put into good coins.

I second that.
And even if they steal, well, i'm ready to pay for my convenience Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
you're getting what you'd get by mining honestly. the multipool is keeping the rest that it gets by gaming the system. That you actually get paid means nothing. Of course you do. They need you mining there, and they pay you just barely enough for you to be idiotically happy about it.

about random rewards,it's not just dogecoin. They reaped huge gains from dogecoin in the past months but there were always USDe, lottocoin, luckycoin... these are still exploitable now. Multipools rape them when the block reward is going to be high.

Could be true for some multipools, but making a blanket statement like that makes you look like a dumbass.  You have no proof this takes place on any pool, let alone ALL.  In the case of ScryptGuild the stats are clearly there, the miners see what coins they mined and can either let the pool convert it or do the trading themselves.
Pages:
Jump to: