Pages:
Author

Topic: FACTS about Multipools and why you shouldn't mine on them - page 5. (Read 5437 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
SpainCoin.org

Feel free to disprove every point I make with facts... instead of simply saying "not true". Oh wait.. you can't.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
LOL, [insert county]coin dev talks about scams.

No, multipools don't scam miners.
Yes, multipools can kill your shitty clone coins.

Word.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Rockem Sockem
Is it multi pools or the dozens of crap coins launch each week premined and no real advancement in coding just devs looking for the rise of the coin so they can dump their premine for big money?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
SpainCoin.org
Well, SpainCoin is not a scam, and you can't prove that. But I CAN prove multipools are scams. Talking about facts here.
Activity: 266

No, multipools don't scam miners.
Yes, multipools can kill your shitty clone coins.
SpainCoin.org
I dropped multipools a while ago when I realized their opportunism on picking "random" Doge blocks and proxying to the Ghash.io 2xLTC offer.

Their payout has been crap anyway and scrypt leads to high power consumption, so I'm not losing anything even if I didn't care about long term or those ethical issues you bring

Their no-registration, no-login is convenient though. I hope pool operators look into sparing us from the MPOS register/login/unlock/etc... nonsense
Exactly. Even if you don't care about ripping other people off and destroying coins, they're so greedy they don't even give you decent payouts!! you can mine more elsewhere!
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Although I agree on your conclusion, the same problem will rise with ASIC's for Scrypt and GPU farms. Miners will be able to crush a coin singlehanded with KNC's ASIC. Not only do multipools destroy the whole concept, ASIC's and large farms are causing the same problems.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
I dropped multipools a while ago when I realized their opportunism on picking "random" Doge blocks and proxying to the Ghash.io 2xLTC offer.

Their payout has been crap anyway and scrypt leads to high power consumption, so I'm not losing anything even if I didn't care about long term or those ethical issues you bring

Their no-registration, no-login is convenient though. I hope pool operators look into sparing us from the MPOS register/login/unlock/etc... nonsense
SpainCoin.org

Some facts all you people should know about multipools, how they game the system and how they scam both their miners and other miners

• They mine at low diff with, say 10Gh when the usual net hashrate for the coins they mine is 10 times less, and they leave as soon as the difficulty increases, making the honest miners work at diff the multipool should be working at, stealing their income.
  • By doing that they get A LOT MORE COINS than they'd normally deserve. Do they pay you 10x what you'd expect to earn??? because that's what they're earning with your hashpower. YOU'RE BEING SCAMMED.
  • They also game the system by mining random reward coins (like lotto, luckycoin, dogecoin until recently..) ONLY when they have high reward blocks, thus leaving honest miners to mine the crappy blocks, again STEALING from them. (Dogecoin was forced to hardfork recently to set a fixed reward in order to fix this).
  • They KILL COINS by making their blockchains stuck by raising difficulty and leaving as soon as it rises, making them spend HOURS to solve blocks at the diff the multipool should be working at. They also dump all they mine making the coins' value in exchanges plummet.

SO DON'T MINE IN MULTIPOOLS, THEY ARE SCAMMING YOU AND THEY ARE SCAMMING ALL THE HONEST MINERS THAT DON'T MINE ON MULTIPOOLS!!

No matter how "convenient" you think it is it doesn't make any sense. Your margin is too low already and you'd be better off mining just a couple of well-known coins. If you keep mining on multipools you're going to be out of business in a couple of months. Multipools destroy coins by driving honest miners away and causing blockchain issues. By the time they've destroyed all but one or two, you're out of business. And that's going to happen pretty soon because this is not sustainable.

For the naysayers, multipool owners and fanboys that want to troll this thread:
Not even DigiByte can fully protect itself even though it has the best protection at the moment (DigiShield):
http://cryptexplorer.com/chain/DigiByte
Have a look at the difficulties, it rises, the multipool leaves and then 10 minutes without a block after the multipool leaves. And this is on the coin that's protected the most against multipools.
You can see this on other coins too. It's so evident and so easy to find out that I didn't bother posting it. Well there you have it now . FACT . PROOF.
Why do you think some coins are on top at coinwarz and back down to the bottom after a while, all the time? it's not magic it's multipools raping honest miners
Pages:
Jump to: