Pages:
Author

Topic: Failure!🎬 StrongU STU-U6 dash coin miner review. - page 2. (Read 1724 times)

copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 59
Couldn't resist and installed it, average hashrate showes some suspicious high numbers, which are not likely true

will check it tomorrow if there is any difference in mining pool's hashrate

Can you share pools hash-rate, Man i hate to see these pictures when they look to good to be true  Grin
Activity: 105
Merit: 0
Couldn't resist and installed it, average hashrate showes some suspicious high numbers, which are not likely true

will check it tomorrow if there is any difference in mining pool's hashrate

https://imgur.com/a/qMYyURc
according to strongu webpage they are official resellers

https://strongu.com.cn/Home/index

extracted 1.8 image is much alike as 1.7, same structure and pasword protected system.tar.gz file (like 1.7)

kaspersky checked file - no threats detected
copper member
hi all

just found this strongu u6 firmware link from cryptominerbros.com, version is 1.8 while offical firmware is v1.7

https://www.cryptominerbros.com/strongu-u6-problems-and-solutions-strongu-u6-firmware/

can someone comfirm cryptominerbros.com is legit ?

regards

I wouldn't try to download something that claims to be official firmware but official firmware of strongu is older version. By looking at it looks like a scam.
hi all

just found this strongu u6 firmware link from cryptominerbros.com, version is 1.8 while offical firmware is v1.7

https://www.cryptominerbros.com/strongu-u6-problems-and-solutions-strongu-u6-firmware/

can someone comfirm cryptominerbros.com is legit ?

regards
Activity: 204

Yes, both are the same. I tried many different options. It’s bad that there is no way to view logs in the firmware.

I seen someone updated to latest firmware and got less speed about 320 mh/s , did you try older firmware. I see current latest available is v1.7

Both ASICs had the old firmware from November 1. I updated one ASIC with new firmware from November 25 - it did not help.
copper member

Yes, both are the same. I tried many different options. It’s bad that there is no way to view logs in the firmware.

I seen someone updated to latest firmware and got less speed about 320 mh/s , did you try older firmware. I see current latest available is v1.7
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
I got two U6 and both have the same problem - when mining, the frequency does not rise above 320 MHz. At the same time, consumption is 1400 watts and a speed of 140Gh. I got two D5 for $ 4000.  Cry
I don’t understand what could be the problem.  Huh

Dont you use it in extremly cold or hot conditions?
What Is the chip temperature? My are around 70°C
Ambient temperature + 5 - +10°C. Chip temperature 41 - 43 °C

Try to give it into 20-25°C cos of for example obelisk SC1 was too cold and it runs for 60% of expected hashrate.
I tried to install one ASIC in the box, but after 30 minutes of operation it turned off due to overheating of the chips. The frequency also remained a maximum of 320 MHz.

Weird, and you have 2 machines and both do the same? I have 3 pcs and all have the same freq 550mhz but 2 of it takes 2200W and 1 of it takes just 1900W - with same hashrate and all the other results...

So sorry for that, it was just my hope its the same as the Obelisk.
Yes, both are the same. I tried many different options. It’s bad that there is no way to view the logs in the firmware.

Ill still count it as a temperature problem.
Yes absolutely no LOG and thats a big problem, hope for new firmware soon.
Only thing you can do is in that Debug window give there for example number 1 and press that blue button (use on your own risk), nobody know what this does but this fixed one of the miners for me.
I got two U6 and both have the same problem - when mining, the frequency does not rise above 320 MHz. At the same time, consumption is 1400 watts and a speed of 140Gh. I got two D5 for $ 4000.  Cry

Try to give it into 20-25°C cos of for example obelisk SC1 was too cold and it runs for 60% of expected hashrate.
I tried to install one ASIC in the box, but after 30 minutes of operation it turned off due to overheating of the chips. The frequency also remained a maximum of 320 MHz.

Weird, and you have 2 machines and both do the same? I have 3 pcs and all have the same freq 550mhz but 2 of it takes 2200W and 1 of it takes just 1900W - with same hashrate and all the other results...

copper member
Well Im trying to use that only button that can change anything - DEBUG.
IDK what does this button do, but one of the boards was missing in my miner. Ive set it to 3 (just random low number) and the board is visible and hashing now.
That button resets your settings to factory default  as far as i know.
at least they replied, they are still alive Smiley
Yes asked them also if they declared bankruptcy , answer was NO

still, I guess they won't make any firmware updates, atleast changing frequency should be available (not to mention undervolting to achieve lower consumption)

interesting is that miner is daily gaining average hashrate if I don't interrupt / change pools, it runs constantly now for six days on one pool and it gained 1 ghs  from yesterday (430 ghs now) while power consumption is 1920w

None of the ASIC manufacturers wants you to do your own over-clocks on miner. This could kill the hardware faster. You could only undervolt on overclock your miner when someone makes custom firmware.

of course they don't, that's understandable, at least they should allow to change / lower the frequency as all antminers have that option

we need someone like blissz, who made good custom firmwares for antminers, I tried to contact him over bitcointalk, but no reponse so far ..
Well Im trying to use that only button that can change anything - DEBUG.
IDK what does this button do, but one of the boards was missing in my miner. Ive set it to 3 (just random low number) and the board is visible and hashing now.
copper member

still, I guess they won't make any firmware updates, atleast changing frequency should be available (not to mention undervolting to achieve lower consumption)

interesting is that miner is daily gaining average hashrate if I don't interrupt / change pools, it runs constantly now for six days on one pool and it gained 1 ghs  from yesterday (430 ghs now) while power consumption is 1920w

None of the ASIC manufacturers wants you to do your own over-clocks on miner. This could kill the hardware faster. You could only undervolt on overclock your miner when someone makes custom firmware.

Pages:
Jump to: