Pages:
Author

Topic: FAKE ICOs Bounties. What to do? - page 85. (Read 6426 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
February 22, 2018, 10:21:42 AM
I am a newbie just trying to grow on this platform. Within a week of participating in altcoin bounties, 2 bounties I participated in have been reported as Scammers. I get a lot of reads on my articles and Social media pages. I cannot keep encouraging people to invest in these altcoins if they would eventually get scammed. How can new bounty hunters like myself differentiate between a genuine bounty and scammers bounty?
It's good that you wrote here and asked for advice. The bounty company is very popular, and through participation in them it is possible to get tokens, but choosing which company and project is a scam, and how - no, it's really not easy. There are already created topics on the forum, in which points and parameters are provided, which should be taken into account when choosing a company of generosity. Take time, and search for them here.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
February 22, 2018, 10:08:01 AM
I am a newbie just trying to grow on this platform. Within a week of participating in altcoin bounties, 2 bounties I participated in have been reported as Scammers. I get a lot of reads on my articles and Social media pages. I cannot keep encouraging people to invest in these altcoins if they would eventually get scammed. How can new bounty hunters like myself differentiate between a genuine bounty and scammers bounty?

You really need to read and study the company first before advertising them, because eventually that thing will surely happen, Or you can also put a note that just what I always do in order to depart myself to all the company that I advertise.

I usually put a note like this:
" Note: I'm am not a part of all the ICO that I promote, but you are free to study them yourself to know their legibility. "
Researching what you are advertising is critical I have seen people applying to some kind of bounty without even reading what it is about and that is a huge mistake after all how are you going to promote something you do not even know and second there have been some cases in which even the participants have been tagged by promoting a scam.

You cannot say that it is critical when you are about searching the right term because researching is also a way that you can actually correct those information that aren't right. But you have to make sure that the website you are in is correct, by the time that you think it is okay the details are all okay that would be the time you start on advertising the  project.
Its sometimes happen so if you happen to you like that then accept it because you make feel better easily when you accept it. So learn your mistake you so everytime you're going to participate in ICO make some research about it and dont easily trust to them especially when they are too eager to joined them.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
February 22, 2018, 10:06:20 AM
you have to be very careful when picking a bounty.
do a bit of research about the project and to check google for scam by the project name and people involved.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
February 22, 2018, 10:02:35 AM
Usually good project have a track record of hard work and development. If you research project you are getting into, you would have seen there work before they came to ask for fund. Community is also another yardstick to measure legitimacy.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
February 22, 2018, 09:58:23 AM
Yes mate, there are so many ico has been posted everyday in bounty section but few of them are legit. Just avoid them, take a look and dipper information about that coin and if you think that its a scam, go ignore it. Choose those ico that handled by have some higher trust because they are trustworthy and that coin will be also a legit
I think it's better to look for all the available information about the project and to study the white paper and the legitimacy of the team. Yes, it takes a lot of time, but you will be assured of the honesty of the project.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
February 22, 2018, 09:55:13 AM
If such a situation has unfortunately happened, then it is worthwhile to create topics on this forum and to encourage people to spread as much information as possible about the fact that this scam project and all its participants (developers and CEO) are scammers and of course to explain the reason
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
February 22, 2018, 09:52:03 AM
Yes mate, there are so many ico has been posted everyday in bounty section but few of them are legit. Just avoid them, take a look and dipper information about that coin and if you think that its a scam, go ignore it. Choose those ico that handled by have some higher trust because they are trustworthy and that coin will be also a legit
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
February 22, 2018, 08:07:46 AM
Unfortunately this is a harsh reality. Before participating in the company's bounty, carefully study their white paper. Pay attention to the ICO website. Look at the team. This of course does not always save from fraud, but in any case will reduce to a minimum.
Activity: 228
GIF by SOCIFI
February 22, 2018, 08:02:20 AM

Leave it as soon you got to know about it is being fake. Fake bounties are not going to give us anything but steal our time and hard work to fulfill their conditions.

Also, before getting into any bounty read its white paper carefully, about their project and project/bounty manager’s credentials.
Activity: 50
February 22, 2018, 05:27:03 AM
One simple check to do first, is have a good look at the website. It should be able to filter out most of the trash.
Next check is whitepaper, see if it exists. If it ticks both boxes, and the airdrop effort is putting in ur email address and ur eth address, that probably is enough.

More effort required = more evidence required.
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
February 22, 2018, 05:21:28 AM

Try to join campaigns managed by good campaign managers - Sylon and Woshib are notable.
Even though they are good bounty managers, there are also times that the dev team may halt the campaign thus you won't get paid at all - which is not their fault.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
February 22, 2018, 04:58:31 AM
Did the same when I was still new to crypto, it's due to my lack of knowledge about the ICO I participated. Never knew it until the campaign is over. So now, I do thorough research before joining a campaign. I make sure that the campaign manager is also trusted. Reading and researching about the ICOs can lessen or totally avoid a fake campaign.
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
February 22, 2018, 04:00:40 AM
The very basic thing you should do, at least, to check if ICO is fake or not, is to read carefully and understand their white paper. If their goals is quite high and not so realistic, that's one indication that you're probably reading a whitepaper of a scam ICO. Lastly, you have to do research about their team if they really have potential to carry the project.
Activity: 243
Merit: 1
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
February 22, 2018, 03:25:55 AM

What i can suggest to you is do your own reasearch about the project. There are lots of icos now and you can dig deep about the project,. Try to observe in the community, the website, the team. You can also check the social media of that ico, if its active, and posts news about the project maybe that would help you differentiate genuine and scammers bounty.
February 22, 2018, 03:16:25 AM
i suggest try to find a trust worthy campaign manager. if you had known a legit campaign manager try to follow him/her next campaign. so it will not waste some of your time.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
February 22, 2018, 03:11:51 AM
The most important thing here is to join campaign who is being controlled by a reputable campaign manager, unless you are willing to gamble with your time, but when you know the manager has something to protect then you are sure he is going to run the campaign well and even do a due dillegence supporting a sound team
Activity: 176
February 22, 2018, 02:36:47 AM
If an ICO makes bold claims without an economic plan or roadmap to support it, it’s best to avoid investing. Further, even if the team has offered a roadmap, you have to do your own research and judge the feasibility of the project.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
February 22, 2018, 01:52:05 AM
Fake ICOs always giving signals that they are absolutely fake. Reading white paper will guide you which one is fake.
Read the real ICO whitepapers and than read the fake ones you will understand they are 100% fake.
Activity: 308
Merit: 29
February 22, 2018, 01:46:49 AM
Together with reading and analyzing all aspects that are written ten times in this thread I try to participate when the ICO have already gained some funds and the first bounty distribution was (what's rare). Also I pay extra-attention (rechecking)  to the news and partnerships.
Activity: 565
Merit: 268
Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent
February 22, 2018, 01:22:19 AM

It will be hard for beginners to differentiate a legit and a scam ICO/project, because there are companies that have good projects that is being run by professionals in this kind of scams. It is annoying because sometimes the project that we are promoting ending up scamming people. But there are still ways for you to spot those shitty projects, my advise to you is too look for their whitepaper because most scam ICO/projects have poor writing and poor content on their whitepaper. Take a look on how huge the community that is supporting it, if only few people wants to support it better to avoid it. If the people behind it don't want to reveal themselves, more likely that they are planning to scam their investors.
This is the best suggestion to differentiate between a scam ICO and a legit one. Always try to participate in a ICO or bounty after you are totally convinced by the team, their whitepapers and their past achievements. On this forum there are quite a good number of bounty managers who will only take the job if the project looks promising. Bounty managers reputation is a must before joining in a project. In this time of digital era there are so many con artists in this sector too that even scam popular bounty managers on here. There are a few bounty managers who only manage campaigns if they have money held in an escrow from the ICO running team.
Pages:
Jump to: