Pages:
Author

Topic: Fake volume in exchanges - page 2. (Read 1117 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 101
August 27, 2018, 09:38:34 PM
That's going to be another huge disaster for us if it was proven that those popular exchanges really did it. If the volume is really that highly cheated then it would be a big deal but if it is just a 2-5 btc then I think we can still correct their mistakes.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
August 27, 2018, 09:08:30 PM
Found an interesting article in which one guy did some datamining on some popular exchanges and their volumes:

https://medium.com/@sylvainartplayribes/chasing-fake-volume-a-crypto-plague-ea1a3c1e0b5e

Apparently a few of these giants are falsifying their volumes. Maybe because a higher market cap would make people think it's a more trustworthy exchange? I don't know if it's really worth going through all of that effort.

Would this have a major effect on the prices? I know we used to see huge differences in prices in the past, but now you won't see much more than a few percent here and there between exchanges.
If the volume is fake, it might not affect the price, I also see some crypto markets, having high volume and low volume, but still not affecting prices.
actually very bad if this happens often the trader is harmed by the fake volume to attract traders to put their money into the exchange.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
August 27, 2018, 08:58:42 PM
Found an interesting article in which one guy did some datamining on some popular exchanges and their volumes:

https://medium.com/@sylvainartplayribes/chasing-fake-volume-a-crypto-plague-ea1a3c1e0b5e

Apparently a few of these giants are falsifying their volumes. Maybe because a higher market cap would make people think it's a more trustworthy exchange? I don't know if it's really worth going through all of that effort.

Would this have a major effect on the prices? I know we used to see huge differences in prices in the past, but now you won't see much more than a few percent here and there between exchanges.
If the volume is fake, it might not affect the price, I also see some crypto markets, having high volume and low volume, but still not affecting prices.
Activity: 168
August 27, 2018, 08:34:55 PM
The guy Sylvain Rives when try to datamine the cryptoassets, he found out many fake volumes in the market. According to him, Okex is a ghost town and the magnitude of fraud was unexpected. He also said that Huobi has also fake volumes in the market.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 106
Available for rent
August 13, 2018, 02:56:00 PM

Of course, they will do that. Crypto world has become very much filled with these suspicious activities which affects the trust of all investors.

An experienced investors might be able to spot such manipulations done by big entities but new investors will fall for this and suffer huge loss. Best option for them is to invest in coins like bitcoin where least manipulation is possible.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
August 13, 2018, 02:49:01 PM
if this is really so, then this is an occasion to ponder. it's very bad and to lie to users is to show that you do not respect them
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
August 13, 2018, 02:16:20 PM

Yes that's the reason why exchanges fake their trade volume as if the trade volume will be more then more and more people will join the exchange because it will provide liquidity when the people will sell their coins as the market crashes if some large order is executed and there isn't enough liquidity.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
August 13, 2018, 02:01:59 PM
That's just their mask to attract more people to use their exchange services. Exchangers are a place to turn digital money with fiat money and there are so many benefits they generate. I don't think that will have much effect on prices because what affects the market is market demand.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
August 13, 2018, 01:48:40 PM
Decentralized exchanges are going to become more and more important, and it will be much more easier to filter out fake volumes in a decentralized setting
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
August 13, 2018, 01:31:10 PM
Now days lot of exchanges are available to trade or buy crypto currency and more new exchanges will be created in future because crypto currency is spreading all over the worlds, more investors are coming to invest crypto, whenever you select an exchange check there security features, 2fa email activation mobile messages etc... if more secure then your fund also more secured. Binance,Bittrex,Poloniex,Okcoin etc... are main exchanges At first you should stay away from the worst exchanges like Yobit, Etherdelta, HitBTC first then you can trade on Binance, Bittrex, Bitfinex,...if you want but I think it depend on cryptocurrency you're going to trade cause not all cryptocurrency listed on every exchanges. For me, I'm using Binance to trade, it's quite good with a trading mobile app but trading fee is a little bit high.
Activity: 337
Qravity is a decentralized content production and
August 13, 2018, 12:41:37 PM
Be careful in choosing exchanges because some of them are scams like bitpaction, and I don't think there is much we can do about this exchange because nothing is set. However, you can still try well to find out exchanges such as Binance, the majority of people have done transactions there and they have no accusation to contribute their volume.

Yeah you are right there are some exchange that we don't need to trust because not all exchange are real, some of them scam us so we need to be careful for looking an exchange, try to trade with those exchange that many people are using.
Activity: 448
Merit: 5
August 13, 2018, 12:22:03 PM
Legit exchanges only show non-counterfeit volumes such as binance or bittrex exchanges that are really on time the price of each coin price.
Activity: 62
August 13, 2018, 11:14:27 AM
At times it's hard to indicate if the volume is fake or not. They do this for marketing and statistic purposes only so even if it's a big exchange like Binance you should be ok.
Activity: 379
August 13, 2018, 10:07:00 AM
Yes, many exchanges have only a few percent real trading volume, and most offer false trading volume, which is helpful for them to collect fees for new projects to enter the exchange, which is already an open secret of the industry.
Activity: 140
August 13, 2018, 05:45:50 AM
i dont find any direct effect on price on the coin. Fake volume will just create uncertainty by the investors to going into that exchange. Hopefully, exchanges team may find ways on how to combat this kind of misinformation.
Activity: 41
August 13, 2018, 05:38:33 AM
I am surprised still use BOT to maintain daily volume of some coin all in the name to maintain the position on the CMC. There is a project I know of that refused listing on one of these exchanges just because of the fake volume of a thing.
Activity: 238
Merit: 109
August 13, 2018, 05:30:35 AM
I have experienced such thing online before now. If its true, it means that such exchanges that are caught doing this should be scrutinized so as not to deceive investors.

You forget that crypto is an unregulated market - that means that there is NO-ONE to scrutinize this and exchanges are free to deceive as much as they want
Activity: 364
August 10, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
Be careful in choosing exchanges because some of them are scams like bitpaction, and I don't think there is much we can do about this exchange because nothing is set. However, you can still try well to find out exchanges such as Binance, the majority of people have done transactions there and they have no accusation to contribute their volume.
Activity: 28
August 10, 2018, 12:50:00 PM
Compare the volume of the exchanges here: https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
August 10, 2018, 12:44:45 PM
I have experienced such thing online before now. If its true, it means that such exchanges that are caught doing this should be scrutinized so as not to deceive investors.
well, sometimes this is a game from an irresponsible exchanger. I once got things like this, and of course that made me lose. so, when you try a new exchanger, you have to find information first, especially if it's an exchanger that appears suddenly.
Pages:
Jump to: