Pages:
Author

Topic: false signal resulted rally in China, and it won't stop. - page 3. (Read 17562 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
While news of Baidu accepting bitcoin payments was sensationalized, it is a strong signal nonetheless.  The operators of BTC China are well known.  One is the brother of a Litecoin author.  The real news driving bitcoin price gains is the 10% premium at which BTC trade on BTC China.  This demonstrates a huge pent-up demand, which is only gradually being expressed in the price. 

I fear that I may never get another shot at sub-$200 BTC.

On the upside, this may pull my mining ops back in the black for another year.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Interesting stuff. Let me know if you want to guest write an article. http://cryptolife.net
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Thank you for having tipped me, whoever you are:)
Activity: 448
If I were to be owner of (let's say apple iTunes store):

Buy 15 000BTC @ 100$

Press release about accepting bitcoin in 3-10 days

LIFTOFF!

sell 15 000BTC @ 200$

Press release about change of heart, no bitcoin accepting in near future, sorry
And that's why you are not neither owner of iTunes store, nor in prison.

How is announcing accepting a currency that you own a criminal offense?

Seriously, I doubt anybody accepts Bitcoins that doesn't own any.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is physical
Finally some healthy view on the Jiasule topic. Thanks OP!
Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
/grunch

regarding the housing bubble...
Do any of the Chinese ITT know if your government has a contingency plan to
gather up the speculated housing that remains vacant post-crash
and turn them into massive housing projects for the people?

[I said contingency, I'm NOT predicting this will happen...]

/end grunch
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
You should know that China has a large population, over 10 million population, there are 14 city.
There are 3 city 20000000. (does not contain the floating population.)
legendary
Activity: 882
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Actually I agree with you on that China is not a country following rules. Therefore, the risk of BTCChina is not really the legal risk, but the risk of threatening the central government.

I love western thinking applied to China: China got the highest number of English learner in the world (aguablly also highest number of English speakers in the world), hearing this overtime, China may change, and there is a good chance it is changing towards something better. And it is always good to have more people like you who follows things happening in China. -- Unless you are hired "womao" who sing praise of death panalty, in that case, I have something to say about the very part of death panalty in your words:

If BTCChina suddenly disappears with billions of CNY from the traders, then yes, they deserve death penalty.

Picture this:
1. BTCChina got hacked.
2. People rally, some lost their life's saving, some accuse BTCChina took it in their own pocket.
3. Our government got smart, decide it is easier to pacify the crowd with accused's blood.
4. BTCChina management foresee 3, and decide it is easier to just disappear with billions of CNY from the traders. If die anyway, better die with some wealth, knowing they will be framed anyway and make no attempt to cleanse their reputation.

So do they deserve death panalty?

I think death panalty can be mooted only if justice is garanteed, and it is so hard to garantee it i in the west, least China.

Don't take me wrong. I'm not praising any death penalty. On the contrary, I'm against death penalty, especially for economical crimes.

That said, if they decide to disappear with all CNY just because some BTCs are hacked, I do think they deserve life imprisonment. If BTC was lost because the site was hacked, the site owner has to take all the responsibility. If any exchange says otherwise, I doubt people will use it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
If I were to be owner of (let's say apple iTunes store):

Buy 15 000BTC @ 100$

Press release about accepting bitcoin in 3-10 days

LIFTOFF!

sell 15 000BTC @ 200$

Press release about change of heart, no bitcoin accepting in near future, sorry
And that's why you are not neither owner of iTunes store, nor in prison.
Excuse my naiveté, but why the Chinese characters for some keywords?

I assumed BitThink knows Chinese, for he knows much, and that he would need keywords to google for back reference. Now think back I am he one who is naive, using Chinese keywords to expose bitcointalk.org to China's sensorship. So I just replaced some with PinYin -- added PinYin to the onces that are not sensitive.
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
Excuse my naiveté, but why the Chinese characters for some keywords?
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
So the chinese government will want to ban bitcoin when it is larger, since it cannot bend the knee.

How?

I answered this before, and you haven't read it. Just search for keyword "Zeng" in this thread. Here is more information: among the 7 Chinese exchange service providers that I am monitoring, only btcchina published a name and an address on their website, all others anonymous. All exchange providers do not accept direct bank transfer (nor domestic nor international) and only accept money through virtual accounts on alipay/tenpay (like paypal in China) because it is easier to fake personal information on these virtual accounts. Now you realize being anonymous is bad for running exchange service business - how do you entrust others to put money on your trading account? So why do they still choose to be anonymous? Because they want to keep their body alive, even a billionaire like Zeng cannot save his life.

In other words, those who operate btcchina is betting their lives or runnning incognito without our awareness. They are either the bravest or they are the biggest fraud. If they used real names, they still have a good chance to keep their body (not company) alive, as they are betting Central Government being more cautious on killing, while provincial government less, and bitcoin is going to be a central government issue. But nevertheless they are betting their lives. And I am not yet sure if btcchina people deserve a lot of respect, they could be just too greedy than too bold (their 0% trade fee policy and higher volume than MtGox fits the picture of the ubiquitous winner-take-all ambition in China, a characteristic of our time).

I had read the whole thread. That is how the exchanges are banned. Private use of bitcoin is much harder to discover. What is to prevent bitcoin black market use in China between individuals?

Thank you for your interesting posts.
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Actually I agree with you on that China is not a country following rules. Therefore, the risk of BTCChina is not really the legal risk, but the risk of threatening the central government.

I love western thinking applied to China: China got the highest number of English learner in the world (aguablly also highest number of English speakers in the world), hearing this overtime, China may change, and there is a good chance it is changing towards something better. And it is always good to have more people like you who follows things happening in China. -- Unless you are hired "womao" who sing praise of death panalty, in that case, I have something to say about the very part of death panalty in your words:

If BTCChina suddenly disappears with billions of CNY from the traders, then yes, they deserve death penalty.

Picture this:
1. BTCChina got hacked.
2. People rally, some lost their life's saving, some accuse BTCChina took it in their own pocket.
3. Our government got smart, decide it is easier to pacify the crowd with accused's blood.
4. BTCChina management foresee 3, and decide it is easier to just disappear with billions of CNY from the traders. If die anyway, better die with some wealth, knowing they will be framed anyway and make no attempt to cleanse their reputation.

So do they deserve death panalty?

I think death panalty can be mooted only if justice is garanteed, and it is so hard to garantee it i in the west, least China.
legendary
Activity: 882
You surly studied a lot on the facts, but you are thinking on the line that one event leads to another, with a set of rule, not on the line that how leaders will consider the issue. In fact you talk as if the leaders ain't present.

Currently, I think this risk is pretty low. First, BTC is still not well known yet. Second, the daily volume is just millions of CNY. Most importantly, now most investors are happy because of the BTC appreciation.

The risk will be larger if 1) the BTC becomes more mainstream, 2) there's a huge crash of BTC price, or 3) one of the trading platforms may finally be proven as scam and there're a lot of angry investors.

Activity: 462
Summary of zhangweiwu's most recent post:

China is a rule of men, not a rule of law.

Somehow that comes as a surprise to some of you here. Keep watching Western mainstream media you hear?

how does Chinese government feel about bitcoin? this is the big question i'd like to know!  Undecided

Petty.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

Be careful,dude, some wumaos are here
legendary
Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1316
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
Factors that work in favour of bitcoin in regards to the Chinese market:

- Chinese lose money in banks through inflation, so they're always looking for something to invest in to protect wealth.  Recently its been property, but bitcoin also has the advantage of being easily movable outside of the country.

- Some major cities (Shanghai for example) have put limits on the number of properties that can be bought.  People with savings will be looking for something else to dump money into.  Bitcoin has the distinct advantage of not requiring any storage space and also being an easy place to hide wealth.

Factors that work against:

- Because many Chinese are looking for anything to put their money into they're prone to fads and bursting bubbles.  See the China Garlic Bubble of 2010 for example.  If bitcoin's price or popularity starts to deflate you will see a very rapid rush for the exits.

- If bitcoin is seen as becoming a threat by the central government there could be a very swift and severe crackdown on exchanges.  Despite stereotypes China is a pretty open society with citizens enjoying a lot of freedom, but anything that may cause harm to the government is harshly dealt with.

Some of my relatives are Chinese and own investment properties there.  They keep the properties empty as a 'used' apartment is seen to be worth less, unlike in my home country where investors try to cram in a renter even at a loss to claim the tax concession.

Could I have a sumary based on your words:

Chinese people use their houses to buy bitcoin, because the money they invest in bitcoin should invest in houses before. Grin
Activity: 476
Yes, this rally has no relations to goverment, just big investors from Wenzhou get involved in.

If goverment want to test bitcoin, then the company would be Tencent, not baidu
how does Chinese government feel about bitcoin? this is the big question i'd like to know!  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: