Pages:
Author

Topic: Farewell - page 11. (Read 3647 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 29
January 17, 2024, 07:27:33 AM
This is truly heartbreaking news for the forum; I recall reading your comments on several of my threads, as well as asking you some questions about which I was unsure, and all of your responses were very informative, which fueled my desire to learn more about Bitcoin.

When I read through your profile and some of your posts, I wondered how long this user had been in bitcoin to have acquired this level of knowledge. Is he one of the Bitcoin developers?

Indeed, the bitcoin technical board will miss you greatly. I'm not sure why, but I'm just overjoyed that I had the opportunity to interact with such a great man as you - I suppose it's the same feeling that those who interacted with Satoshi had during his time.

Thank you for all of your help to those in need; hopefully, other legends whose posts I've read will continue the work and fill the void you're leaving.  Legends include @hosseinimr93, @BitMaxz, @NotATether, @nc50lc, @pooya87, @seek3r, @apogio, @BlackHatCoiner, and many others whom I have yet to interact with.

Farewell, Leo.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
January 17, 2024, 07:26:15 AM
F**k, this is unbelievable and truly sad. You are the best poster in this forum in my honest opinion, and most of the things i have learnt about BTC, i learnt it from you. Now i appreciate all you have done and impacted in this forum even more, knowing you did it while going through a really tough time in real life.

The entire forum is with you and your family in this hard time. Sending you peace and love.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
January 17, 2024, 07:10:41 AM
I wish this not to be true. A true hero is leaving us. I just wish it not to be true is my wish. I will really miss you. I can never forget you because you are one of the people in life that I gained knowledge from. My staying on this forum has taught me enough lessons in life and you have been one of the members that was helpful. It is said to see something like this.
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
January 17, 2024, 07:08:33 AM
Without giving away too much personal info, I have a chronic disease. I've had this disease for a decade and have had a lot of treatment for it, but it is winning. I likely only have a few months left. And so, I bid you all farewell. I'll be spending as much of my remaining time as possible with my family. In a week or two, once this thread has run its course, I'll ask theymos to lock this account.

I have learnt a lot from many of you, and I hope many of you have learnt something from me. Although we will never meet, I would have loved to share a beer with many of you, and I hope you'll remember me fondly.

Leo
Such a sad news! How I wish I have all it takes to take it all away, because you are a great contributor to this forum. It is really hard to say farewell because we are like a family here. Well, we can have faith even when it look impossible.... that is the least we can do.

Whatever be the case, you made your impact here and will be fondly remembered for your input in the Bitcoin community. You are loved and cherished and will always be.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2013
January 17, 2024, 07:07:11 AM
Really sorry to read that buddy. I've enjoyed a lot reading you all this time. I wish you the best within the circumstances. Peace.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
January 17, 2024, 06:59:41 AM
Without giving away too much personal info, I have a chronic disease. I've had this disease for a decade and have had a lot of treatment for it, but it is winning. I likely only have a few months left. And so, I bid you all farewell. I'll be spending as much of my remaining time as possible with my family. In a week or two, once this thread has run its course, I'll ask theymos to lock this account.

I have learnt a lot from many of you, and I hope many of you have learnt something from me. Although we will never meet, I would have loved to share a beer with many of you, and I hope you'll remember me fondly.

Leo
Pages:
Jump to: