Pages:
Author

Topic: [FCN] Fantomcoin. CN based, anonymous. Merge mine with BCN, XMR, QCN, duck. - page 55. (Read 127109 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Today I first time heard about the FCN. Can you tell me competitive advantages of this coin

Is not that enough?

Specifications:

- PoW algorithm: CryptoNight (64-bit CPU-only);
- 60 sec blocks;
- emission curve 22 => 50% coins will be emitted in 6 years;
- block reward decreases according to the formula (264 - 1 - A)*2-22*10-12 where A = supply mined to date;
- difficulty retargets every block;
- merged mining with Bytecoin (BCN), Monero (BMR, MRO), QuazarCoin or any CN based coin. New blockchain needs no additional hashpower - it uses Bytecoin/BCN, Monero/BMR, QuazarCoin/QCN blocks or shares as PoW. Miners are free to choose "donor" chain they like. In case other chains based on CryptoNote will appear they also can be used as "donor" chains.

PS You should read the first post in the topic  before asking such questions
Activity: 253
Merit: 0
Is anybody selling FantomCoin yet?  I would like to buy FCN
Activity: 74
Today I first time heard about the FCN. Can you tell me competitive advantages of this coin
Activity: 124
I had the same problem as c789

amphibian, thanks for your willingness to help at any moment!
Activity: 75
Hi guys,

Can you tell me are there any differences in hash-rates if I use solo miner for FNC and QCN/BCN/MRO mining vs FNC and BCN/MRO GUI miner?
What is the most efficient way of mining FCN? Is it the command line way or one of the above.

And can you please tell me what is the current diff of the network?

Thanks in advance. Smiley
Activity: 210
I tried merged mining on Ubuntu 14.04 with minerc in the fantomcoin directory, and as soon as I ran this in one terminal:

Code:
./minerc --threads=3 --node1=127.0.0.1:24081 --node2=127.0.0.1:18081 --wallet1=my_fantom_address --wallet2=my_monero_address

The terminal that was running bitmonerod gave off a lot of these errors, ending with the last line:

Code:
[RPC1]ERROR /home/ME/bitmonero/src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:394 Failed to calculate offset for
[RPC0]ERROR /home/ME/bitmonero/src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:394 Failed to calculate offset for
[RPC0][sock 23] Some problems at write: Broken pipe:32

Any idea what's causing this? I could MM with Bytecoin with minerc with no problems.

First of all, try to update both of your clients.

Then, try to start it like this - ./minerc --threads=3 --node1=127.0.0.1:18081 --node2=127.0.0.1:24081 --wallet1=your_monero_address --wallet2=your_fantom_address

That did it. Thanks!

No problem. Let me know if you need any help. Smiley
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
I tried merged mining on Ubuntu 14.04 with minerc in the fantomcoin directory, and as soon as I ran this in one terminal:

Code:
./minerc --threads=3 --node1=127.0.0.1:24081 --node2=127.0.0.1:18081 --wallet1=my_fantom_address --wallet2=my_monero_address

The terminal that was running bitmonerod gave off a lot of these errors, ending with the last line:

Code:
[RPC1]ERROR /home/ME/bitmonero/src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:394 Failed to calculate offset for
[RPC0]ERROR /home/ME/bitmonero/src/rpc/core_rpc_server.cpp:394 Failed to calculate offset for

Any idea what's causing this? I could MM with Bytecoin with minerc with no problems.

Then, try to start it like this - ./minerc --threads=3 --node1=127.0.0.1:18081 --node2=127.0.0.1:24081 --wallet1=your_monero_address --wallet2=your_fantom_address

That did it. Thanks!
Activity: 27
Is this coin dying?

I can merge mine MRO with Fantom at 6 h/s or I can mine MRO on its own at 80+h/s.

Is this right? Is the fantomcoin miner that inefficient?

I guess u r using latest MRO version, right? With a new hash function? Last time FCN's hash was updated shortly after the MRO - I think we won't have to wait long for the new version.

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Will looking into it, thank you for the report. Wink

Code:

Code:

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Is this coin dying?

I can merge mine MRO with Fantom at 6 h/s or I can mine MRO on its own at 80+h/s.

yes
Is this coin dying?

I get the same hash rate if I use minerc or Solominer, so it sounds like some of your settings could be off. Can you post the commands you use to run each (merged vs just MRO)?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Is this coin dying?

Translation bounty is also still up! 20 FCN for each translation! Grin
Giveaway is still active! There are no terms now - send your address a receive 0.5 FCN! Twits, reposts, etc. are still very much welcome! Grin
Find giveaway here
Glad to help!

One of the great things about the Solominer is that, after you have set up your ByteCoin and Fantomcoin wallets on one computer, you can put the Solominer on any other computers you have, and those computers don't need to download any blockchains or have wallets on them. Just Solominer.

My setup (all 64-bit):

Computer 1 (dedicated miner): Ubuntu 14.04 desktop, A8 3.8GHz processor, running daemons for BCN and FCN, and has the wallets for BCN and FCN.  No Solominer.

Computer 2: (my home computer): Windows 7 desktop, i3 3GHz processor. Runs Solominer on 1 thread in the day while I'm using it, 2 threads at night.

Computer 3: (laptop): Xubuntu 14.04, i5 3GHz processor. Runs Solominer on 3 of the 4 threads. Mining on a laptop is NOT recommended. The only reason I do it is because I got this one really cheap and it came without a hard drive (runs Xubuntu from a USB flash drive). If it breaks, it breaks. 
Activity: 247
Thanks to c789 for the step by step introduction. This info is very useful for me!

PS I'm excited! I will need to try SoloMiner for Mac OS
fantomcoin.org blocked by MBAM  Huh

Working fine on my end. Let me know if problem persists.

Thank you c789 for the instructions post. PM'd you back.

Also, SoloMiner MacOS (OSX) version added

Download here
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
fantomcoin.org blocked by MBAM  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: