Pages:
Author

Topic: Feathercoin - Meetup Strategy - page 2. (Read 1695 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
CoinTropolis
April 23, 2013, 04:33:07 PM
Here's an idea, I'm looking forward to community input.  During Ron Paul's campaign (please avoid the politics, this is just to give a point of reference), I was one of the early adopters in organizing meetup groups across the country. It was a great opportunity to discuss ideas as well as develop ways to get our message out to the public. We would do everything ranging from:

1. Creating signs
2. Contributing to purchase ad space and billboards
3. Develop marketing campaigns
4. Phone bank initiatives
5. Voter registration
6. Messageboard management
etc..

I noticed there's something like 90 Bitcoin meetup groups and quite a few more with others that might back crypto currencies such as Libertarians (again, not at all interested in political debate here).

Ideas:

1. I'd like to make contact with all the meetup groups. Find out what they are currently doing and how we might be able to assist with Feathercoin information.

2. Form Feathercoin specific meetup groups

3. Develop advocacy information for our meeting groups

What could Feathercoin Meetups do?

1. Discuss advocacy ideas on Messageboards
2. Create websites
3. Find guest speakers to talk about crypto coins
4. Speak at community events (ex: Chamber of Commerce)
5. Create signs/flyers (these were great during RP days at coffee shops/community colleges)
6. Put together a drive to help x amount of people setup Feathercoin wallets
7. Talk to small businesses about Feathercoin adoption

These meetups were fun. It was a social event that allowed us to push something we believed in forward.  I feel when people actually see the easy and speed of Feathercoin, they want to learn more about it. These meetups would serve as that instrument.

Aside from coordinating a tiered Meetup system for the Ron Paul grassroots movement, I've developed meetup groups in the past and currently run a few that are extremely active. This is one way I plan to help contribute to the community. If anyone has any ideas or would like to assist, please let me know.

Pages:
Jump to: