Pages:
Author

Topic: Fed on brink of fifth(?) round of quantitative easing - page 13. (Read 2351 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
Honestly, they've printed so much money out of thin air that I've simply lost count. The big surge in money printing at the start of COVID was the fourth round of so called quantitative easing since 2008. I'm not sure if the ongoing money printing up until April of 2022 was just extended QE4 or if that counted as QE5. So I guess we are on the brink of either QE5 or QE6.

Anyway, let's take a look at the Fed's balance sheet:

2008 - 0.8 trillion dollars.
2022 - 9 trillion dollars.

8.2 trillion dollars just created out of thin air in 14 years. To put that in to perspective, with population of ~334 million, that's $24,500 of new money for every single person in the US. That's $8.2 trillion driving up inflation, devaluing the dollar, making your savings worth less, making your money buy less, making you poorer.

Don't worry, though. They'll reverse all this printing, they say. They started at the end of 2018, and managed to take a measly $0.5 trillion off before they started printing again to astronomical new levels.
Don't worry, though. They'll reverse that too. They started a year ago, and have managed to take $0.6 trillion off it this time! Roll Eyes
But wait, let's zoom in on the last few months of the graph I shared above:

$0.3 trillion new money in a week. It took them a year to take off $0.6 trillion, and they've undone half of that progress in a week. Guess it's back to normal proceedings of money printer goes brrrrr! Can't have the banks losing money now, can we! The banks must be protected at all costs. Fuck 99% of the population who are being made poorer and poorer on a daily basis. As long as the banks get endless bailouts!

Here's a quote I made almost 3 years ago:
If it took them 11 years to start reducing their balance sheet following the 2008 crash, how much longer do you think it will take following this crash? Not to mention they probably aren't even finished printing for this crash yet. There will be another crisis, and another, and another, all before they even begin to undo these changes, let alone get their balance sheet back down to "normal" levels. The printing will never end. The dollar value will never stop falling. This isn't temporary - this is normal.

This is the new normal. Money printer goes brrrrr. Fiat is a scam.

Bitcoin fixes this.
Pages:
Jump to: