Pages:
Author

Topic: Fed rate adjustment on March 19/20 2024 what will happen? - page 2. (Read 285 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
They raised too fast in recent history, so no action or a cut are the only likely options. The USA debt is out of control so at some point debates over small adjustments will end and mass panic will take over. Hopefully, that day can be delayed for several more years.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I think it’s the opposite. Bitcoin dropped because the stock market dropped last week due to the higher than expected CPI and PPI prints. Means that inflation is still here and traders are pricing in higher yields which was showed after the bond sell off.

I don’t think they will hike in March. If they did a cut then it would be bullish for stocks and crypto. However there is expectations that the fed might start rate cuts in June, and about 3 in total this year, towards the end of the year.
Activity: 812
Merit: 560
It will be a better thing to see if actually this stays, i also noticed it that the fee rate has reduced at a desirable extent, maybe we should expect more of these as we go further because i know things cannot keep being the same way they have always appear, this should be a good news to some and while the miners may actually not find it as interesting like that because they are not earning as before at the cause.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I think that the reason for the price drop may be something else, because it already happened before the FED makes a new decision. However, all speculations say that rates should no longer go up in the US, but also in the EU, which should be good news. The reason for the price drop is probably the liquidation of long positions, but also losses in the futures market, which together reached almost $1.5 billion.

The sell-off started during the U.S. trading hours on Thursday as the February Producer Price Index (PPI) came in 0.6% higher, doubling the pace in January and doubling economist forecasts, dousing hopes for a rate cut in May.
Data shows that crypto-tracked futures suffered over $800 million losses, the second-largest figure this year. Longs, or bets on higher prices, suffered $660 million in liquidations, likely contributing to the sharp downturn. Liquidation occurs when an exchange forcefully closes a trader’s leveraged position due to a partial or total loss of the trader’s initial margin.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I think the drop in BTC price is due to the fed rate adjustment meeting.

We should know by the 21st of march if they drop rates.

I think the BTC market stalled over this.

Opinions guesses etc.

CNBC thinks we do a freeze this time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/14/heres-when-the-fed-may-start-cutting-rates-investment-strategists-say.html
Pages:
Jump to: