Pages:
Author

Topic: FIFA World Cup 2014!!! - page 58. (Read 107191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
June 30, 2014, 08:41:17 AM

Algeria have beaten (West) Germany before, and while this is a different era the expectation from the Germans is the same.

In fact, Germany has lost all games against Algeria in the entire history.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
English <-> Portuguese translations
June 30, 2014, 08:38:44 AM
Brazil have looked a bit sketchy, not the amazing Brazil of old.

However, cant rule out the value of home advantage.

Every game is a sea of Yellow crowds, who ever is playing.

Neymar was injured because the knee Chile dealt from behind(and that the referee didn't gave him a yellow card). Without him Brazil is much like Argentina without Messi.
The 2nd time they played pretty bad, but after that Chile was tired and Brazil took advantage, problem is that Chile was trying to get time to get to the penalties.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
June 30, 2014, 08:38:19 AM
The match of Chile was kind of fun, more actors than playing football, is good to see that Colombian won all matches and Netherlands with a great team.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
June 30, 2014, 08:13:33 AM
Quote from: davien on Today at 09:53:58 AM
it is going to be very interesting to see how Germany and France will handle the pressure.... anyway if i am right in the next round will be France-Germany? of course if they beat Algeria and Nigeria...

A surprise is possible from Nigeria that has a good attack but France will probably win; the question is who will win France-Germany?

Surprise can happen but this is WC Holland pass on fake penalty but this was yet another point of how referees done lazy job

Lol there was no fake penalty, they clearly stepped on his foot, and you can't stop the player this way.

This is a classic oscar winning fake penalty.
Roben is good player, but also a better actor.
He deserved red card on that game (beafore penalty situation)

A red card for what? He should've been awarded two penalties before that. It definitely was a penalty whether he exaggerated or not.

None of the big teams have been extraordinary. Al have had a few duff games. I think Brazil will have a tough game against Columbia and then Germany if they get through.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
June 30, 2014, 07:58:55 AM

legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
June 30, 2014, 07:20:53 AM
it is going to be very interesting to see how Germany and France will handle the pressure.... anyway if i am right in the next round will be France-Germany? of course if they beat Algeria and Nigeria...

A surprise is possible from Nigeria that has a good attack but France will probably win; the question is who will win France-Germany?

Surprise can happen but this is WC Holland pass on fake penalty but this was yet another point of how referees done lazy job

Lol there was no fake penalty, they clearly stepped on his foot, and you can't stop the player this way.

This is a classic oscar winning fake penalty.
Roben is good player, but also a better actor.
He deserved red card on that game (beafore penalty situation)
legendary
June 30, 2014, 07:12:51 AM

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
June 30, 2014, 07:11:26 AM
Would love it if Algeria got a result tonight - though my head is telling me that the Germans will pull through. There have been a lot of surprises in this World Cup, some of that might be down to the climate, while a lot of it is down to hard work by the teams.

Algeria have beaten (West) Germany before, and while this is a different era the expectation from the Germans is the same.
legendary
Activity: 1050
June 30, 2014, 07:07:42 AM
Netherlands looking quite strong. Shame that Chile had to go out in such fashion; had high hopes for them.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
June 30, 2014, 07:03:25 AM

Holland @ 5.30 to win on cloudbet; you have to really believe in them to bet on them at that price when you can bet on Germany @ 4.70 and Argentina @ 4.80; my bets would be on Argentina and Brazil
Activity: 28
June 30, 2014, 06:54:22 AM
I am so looking forward to the Netherlands vs Costa Rica match, that one should be amazing.
legendary
June 30, 2014, 06:44:21 AM
God the referee on Brasil x Chile was ridiculous.
Chile was a crying baby, asking everytime their players fell to the ground, and even faking faults, like Hulks's hand play and Daniel Alves fault.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
June 30, 2014, 06:25:12 AM
all European teams that are in competition has a visible accumulated fatigue , so i think Algeria can make a surprise....who knows but theoretically Germany-France will be in the quarter final
Activity: 14
June 30, 2014, 06:17:16 AM
I`m so sad about Mexico they were great and were playing better big part of the match. Costa Rica-Greece was very boring, only interesting were penaltys and I`m glad that Costa Rica passed.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
June 30, 2014, 06:13:59 AM

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
June 30, 2014, 06:01:12 AM

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
June 30, 2014, 05:53:58 AM
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
June 30, 2014, 05:19:03 AM

No point betting on the favourites, the upset compounded with some other multiplier FTW !    Smiley

Cards rules:  "Players also receive a one match ban if they pick up a single yellow card in two different games from the beginning of the group stage until the end of the quarterfinal matches, at which point single yellow cards will be deleted."
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 30, 2014, 05:10:01 AM
Well, the picks should be pretty easy tomorrow. Taking Germany and France

Disagree here ^_^
I'm taking Nigeria over the French since I think that a game of speed will matter more in that scorching heat in Brazil
Hot enough to need a water break they just missed out on the oranges. (Imagine Qatar anyone)
But with you that Germans will beat the Algerians if only because right now they are starting to practice Ramadan and some players may be seriously dehydrated or hungry before the big match.

@ General question do the yellow cards carry over Costa Rica got 8 I believe!

I do not think that the players practice Ramadan

Your probably right I was just reading a few articles on the topic and it seemed like an interesting point.
http://www.vox.com/2014/6/28/5849314/how-fasting-during-ramadan-will-affect-world-cup-players

It sort of balances out though since both the German team and Algerian team have many Muslim players.

So will Ramadan affect the World Cup?

On the whole, it seems like fasting will affect the games less than you might think. These are world-class athletes who have gone their whole lives fasting during daylight for a month a year and getting through it fine.

The research shows that if players eat and drink enough during nighttime — and train sufficiently — they can roughly maintain their levels of performance. Moreover, unlike track or swimming, this is a team sport with many variables that have more to do with technique and experience than raw physical ability.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
June 30, 2014, 04:24:47 AM
Well, the picks should be pretty easy tomorrow. Taking Germany and France

Disagree here ^_^
I'm taking Nigeria over the French since I think that a game of speed will matter more in that scorching heat in Brazil
Hot enough to need a water break they just missed out on the oranges. (Imagine Qatar anyone)
But with you that Germans will beat the Algerians if only because right now they are starting to practice Ramadan and some players may be seriously dehydrated or hungry before the big match.

@ General question do the yellow cards carry over Costa Rica got 8 I believe!

I do not think that the players practice Ramadan
Pages:
Jump to: