Pages:
Author

Topic: FIFA World Cup 2014!!! - page 60. (Read 107191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 29, 2014, 06:40:30 PM
Time for the penalty kicks
This is just like Chile and Brazil all over again this is a close round in the top 16
Looking forward to this finale.

Edit In: Hurt goalie for Costa Rica vs no coach for Greece to decide the order up to the captain on this one or subcoach. 
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
June 29, 2014, 05:53:51 PM
I got Greece at 17/2 to win in extra time. I had almost given up then.

Phew.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 29, 2014, 05:51:35 PM
Goal for the greeks
Now I was honestly expecting this game to settle but were going into extra time Boys!
legendary
Activity: 833
Merit: 1015
June 29, 2014, 05:41:11 PM
I hope for Greece
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010
666 - slave 2 the grind -
June 29, 2014, 05:37:08 PM
lets see if Costa Rica can hold on here with a red card
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Need a campaign manager? PM me
June 29, 2014, 05:24:52 PM
Mitroglu comes on. Fulham's strike force at display on the world's biggest stage Grin
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
June 29, 2014, 05:22:57 PM
Go, Costa Rica! Hope you get to the semis
legendary
June 29, 2014, 05:21:11 PM
Bryan Ruiz, was not he the one destined for big things at some point? Think he ended up at Fulham or the like.

Think Costa Rica has this in the bag.
legendary
June 29, 2014, 05:17:49 PM
Both teams deserved to win, but I'm happier that Netherlands was the one to win(they disclassified would mess my parlays);

Hope that Costa Rica wins by 4vs0 against the greeks, Greece has an awfull defensive football and they deserved to lose al their group stage matches

Agreed. Greek football is terrible to watch. They barely squeezed by group stage competition and will be up against a formidable Costa Rican side. Hopefully they get destroyed

Costa Rica is a real inspiration. They have shown how 11 players playing for each other as part of a team can achieve.

Their energy is incredible.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
June 29, 2014, 05:06:33 PM
I think Greece could nick this one.

Its pretty reserved so far and there is no interesting odds either both teams are around 9/4
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
June 29, 2014, 04:38:34 PM
Beautiful pass and a beautiful save. Barely off the leg of the goalkeeper.
Activity: 392
Bitcoin will survive
June 29, 2014, 04:29:12 PM
Both teams deserved to win, but I'm happier that Netherlands was the one to win(they disclassified would mess my parlays);

Hope that Costa Rica wins by 4vs0 against the greeks, Greece has an awfull defensive football and they deserved to lose al their group stage matches

Agreed. Greek football is terrible to watch. They barely squeezed by group stage competition and will be up against a formidable Costa Rican side. Hopefully they get destroyed
I believe this match is going very bore and Costa Rica can do only 1 or 2 goals because Greece is going with good defense and they don't like to do goals occasionally  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
June 29, 2014, 03:07:37 PM

Activity: 434
June 29, 2014, 03:05:26 PM
By far the most dramatic match of the tournament for me. Chile - Brazil was close but it really looked like Holland was dead and out. And the ref made up for his mistake in not giving Robben the penalty in the first half so it's all fair.

Indeed it was, I even changed the channel after 85 minutes of game, but suddenly I check my bet and saw I won. It was really surprising that Netherlands won.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 29, 2014, 03:02:19 PM
The Greece players have showed just how admirable they are after rejecting their World Cup bonuses – and instead asking for the money to be used to build a new training centre for the team.
legendary
Activity: 1316
June 29, 2014, 02:45:11 PM
That was unlucky for mexico. Very soft pentaly too.

The penalty was given for something that normally would not result in a penalty, but it was the 3rd time in that match already that Robben fell down near the goal (and the first two times were a little more intense), so that's probably the reason why.

With all the pressure in the late-game they would most likely win in case of additional play time.

Didnt think it was a penalty but i did think the time previously where robben got taken down twice was a clear pen.

Mexico ran out of energy and to be fair to the dutch they came back awesome when going 1-0 down.
Knowledge is Power
June 29, 2014, 02:23:28 PM

The penalty was given for something that normally would not result in a penalty, but it was the 3rd time in that match already that Robben fell down near the goal (and the first two times were a little more intense), so that's probably the reason why.

With all the pressure in the late-game they would most likely win in case of additional play time.

Holland had a penalty not marked by the referee in the first half, so its not a injustive, even if it in fact was not a penalty

Exactly, even if you think the last minute penalty was soft, the one in first half was a 100% foul that should have been a penalty. So Netherlands won fair and square.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
June 29, 2014, 02:15:12 PM

Holland had a penalty not marked by the referee in the first half, so its not a injustive, even if it in fact was not a penalty
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
June 29, 2014, 02:12:55 PM

Knowledge is Power
June 29, 2014, 02:09:22 PM
By far the most dramatic match of the tournament for me. Chile - Brazil was close but it really looked like Holland was dead and out. And the ref made up for his mistake in not giving Robben the penalty in the first half so it's all fair.
Pages:
Jump to: