Pages:
Author

Topic: First Impressions - Mining-asics-technologies.com 250 MH/s Excaliber Miner - page 4. (Read 16480 times)

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

Kilo Hashes?

point your machine(s) at ghash.io and tell me what you get..  Wink

So how come you are the only one who seems to have received their miner, i am still waiting with no word from MAT???

well - I was order #2 - I think that has something to do with it.

Still would have expected more people to say they have received theirs :-(

I do know a guy in France who received his last week but he stays off he radar post wise.

there's good chatter on their facebook page for connecting with others...

Well i cant see anything recent on there which page are you looking at?
Activity: 616
Merit: 253

Kilo Hashes?

So how come you are the only one who seems to have received their miner, i am still waiting with no word from MAT???

I do know a guy in France who received his last week but he stays off he radar post wise.

there's good chatter on their facebook page for connecting with others...

Kilo Hashes?

Kilo Hashes?

Kilo Hashes?

Kilo Hashes?

point your machine(s) at ghash.io and tell me what you get..  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice
after tweaking my stratum I have the thing consistently running at 280 - 320 MH/s which is really nice

thunder2 & 3 are older zeus boxes

machine1 is a gaw miners war machine

machine2 is a zeus X6

and small is an X1

what's missing is ninja.big which is my gaw miners hosted A2 which has been down recently more than it's been up -  Huh

Pretty nice looking hash even without your ninja.big unit. Cool.
after tweaking my stratum I have the thing consistently running at 280 - 320 MH/s which is really nice

thunder2 & 3 are older zeus boxes

machine1 is a gaw miners war machine

machine2 is a zeus X6

and small is an X1

what's missing is ninja.big which is my gaw miners hosted A2 which has been down recently more than it's been up -  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Basically, KNC fucked a lot of people over with Neptunes and Titans. Every Titan that is shipped out seems to have at least one cube with issues out of four cubes. It's a complete mess. It only works properly on certain pools, multipools are pretty much non-functional. Each Neptune/Titan cube cube should have two PCI-e connectors, but only have one. No Titan shipped will ever ROI, I paid mine $10k and I'll be lucky to make half of it back.

Only thing it has going for it is it's very low power consumption per MH/s.

these machines do present a challenge to conventional pools/stratums.

for instance I run a pool of twenty coins and it overwhelms all vardiff settings. I've been doing lots of testing and have the machine running on a port right now with a fixed difficulty of 90,000 and I'm about to test even higher.

I'll get it sorted out , however the configuration of the mining software will allow me to break the boards down into multiple miners if I chose and mine multiple coins on different pools simultaneously.

That's pretty cool if  you're able to do that. In KNC's case the issue isn't with vardiff, it lies with the speed of flushing work (1000 times slower than it should). Makes the miner pretty much useless on coins with fast block times.

For all my scrypt ASICs I've found that 2048 is pretty much the minimum difficulty that works well. Generally, anything above 4096 isn't needed. 90000 is pretty hard-core, and really shouldn't be needed unless there's a big bug in the firmware. It doesn't matter in the long run of course, higher difficulty will only cause fluctuations of reported hash speed pool side, along with variance but given time it all equals out.
Basically, KNC fucked a lot of people over with Neptunes and Titans. Every Titan that is shipped out seems to have at least one cube with issues out of four cubes. It's a complete mess. It only works properly on certain pools, multipools are pretty much non-functional. Each Neptune/Titan cube cube should have two PCI-e connectors, but only have one. No Titan shipped will ever ROI, I paid mine $10k and I'll be lucky to make half of it back.

these machines do present a challenge to conventional pools/stratums.

for instance I run a pool of twenty coins and it overwhelms all vardiff settings. I've been doing lots of testing and have the machine running on a port right now with a fixed difficulty of 90,000 and I'm about to test even higher.

I'll get it sorted out , however the configuration of the mining software will allow me to break the boards down into multiple miners if I chose and mine multiple coins on different pools simultaneously.
legendary

Hard to believe that only this late in the game are manufacturers catching up to innosilicon's efficiency. I received 150mh/s worth of A2 machines in May, 10w/MH/s at the wall.

KNC (lol) are the only ones to have beaten innosilicon at the scrypt efficiency game. My Titanic with 2 dead dies is pulling 310 MH/s at 4.3w/MH/s at the wall.

not sure what you mean but I also own an A2 and it's : 23.53 watts per MH

your titanic is using: 13.87 watts per MH

The MAT machine is a little over 9 watts / MH

The MAT machine is the most efficient scrypt miner I know of on the market.

Smiley

You're wrong. Which A2 do you own? At 23.53w it sounds like you have a Zeus miner.

however Insilicon advertises 750W - here http://www.innosilicon.com/A2m.htm

1st batch 60MH/s: 610w @ wall, 63MH/s: 9.68W/MH/s @ wall (240v with Corsair 860 AXi)
2nd batch 90MH/s: 920w @ wall, 95.5MH/s: 9.63W/MH/s @ wall (240v with Corsair 860 AXi)
Titanic 310MH/s: 1290w @ wall, 310MH/s: 4.16W/MH/s @ wall (240v with Delta DPS-2000)

I just checked all 3 with a Kill-a-watt.

yes - you are correct - I was wrong - I had it confused with another machine - since my A2 is hosted at Gaw.

The A2 at 86 MH/s consumes 920W

thank you for pointing that out to me.

Smiley

but what is all this about as it relates to KNC?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/contacting-authorities-regarding-kncminer-titan-neptune-781435

legendary
Hard to believe that only this late in the game are manufacturers catching up to innosilicon's efficiency. I received 150mh/s worth of A2 machines in May, 10w/MH/s at the wall.

KNC (lol) are the only ones to have beaten innosilicon at the scrypt efficiency game. My Titanic with 2 dead dies is pulling 310 MH/s at 4.3w/MH/s at the wall.

Smiley

You're wrong. Which A2 do you own? At 23.53w it sounds like you have a Zeus miner.

1st batch 60MH/s: 610w @ wall, 63MH/s: 9.68W/MH/s @ wall (240v with Corsair 860 AXi)
2nd batch 90MH/s: 920w @ wall, 95.5MH/s: 9.63W/MH/s @ wall (240v with Corsair 860 AXi)
Titanic 310MH/s: 1290w @ wall, 310MH/s: 4.16W/MH/s @ wall (240v with Delta DPS-2000)

I just checked all 3 with a Kill-a-watt.
decapping!!!!  Grin Grin
bitcoin miner silicon die pron, baby!
( would be interesting to see some comparisons between some of the vendors' stuff, actually.. the overall topology should be similar )

btw: I had a skype convo with Marc from MAT this morning - the Chips in the MAT machines are absolutely different chips than in the other machine and trust me - they are thankful that MAT exists, very happy....

warranties are quite different also.

Smiley

Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
decapping!!!!  Grin Grin
bitcoin miner silicon die pron, baby!
( would be interesting to see some comparisons between some of the vendors' stuff, actually.. the overall topology should be similar )
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
so do these: LOL
Maybe to the casual observer - but Zeus' are QFN56, the others are QFN88 Wink
But yes, obviously packages are just standard and you can't tell what's inside them without trace analysis / fuzzing / decapping.
Pages:
Jump to: