Pages:
Author

Topic: First licensed crypto-BANK! - page 4. (Read 11525 times)

Activity: 390
Merit: 11
October 30, 2018, 07:56:15 PM
crypto-banking is a good step towards creating public trust in crypto and this will encourage more investors and new users to join crypto, if this continues and the more new crypto banks emerge then we will know what the future of crypto will be
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
October 30, 2018, 07:38:48 PM
Hmmm, more like a token bank which will use its own token.
And the fees...god !!!!!...the feees !!!!

https://eqibank.com/fees/

Annual Fee:   Accounts <€5M Maintenance € 1’000
Wire Transfer Fee:   € 100

I hope there are quite a few of extra zeros in that table or it's some sort of Aprils Fools Halloween joke !

Lol!! I though of some fresh ideas that may have been incorporated in this new crypto bank. But it seems like another rip-off like traditional banks.

Man, what bank takes €500 term deposit pre-mature withdrawal fees?? My bank don't even charge a single penny for such cases!! Good luck to the account holders!!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
October 30, 2018, 01:53:28 PM

For all I know we intend to back away from the banks and centralization but here we go again with such project that seem to put us back to where we had been before. Isn't history repeating itself again?

Crypto wallets are meant to act like a bank for ourselves, but this EQI isn't working like how wallets do. If its going to work like we still own the private keys then there is no different to it from decentralized exchanges which is almost enough.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
October 30, 2018, 01:42:46 PM
There is also another banking crypto which is soon to launch an ETF ADK https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Charles-Mwaniki/539546-4683182-view-asAMP-jdq5ct/index.html

Could gain some decent attention.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 30, 2018, 01:35:29 PM
Being in America, I think this would suit those best as we have to deal with these centralized giants like Wells Fargo, Chase, Suntrust, etc taking our funds and the fact we don't even own the money that we think we do- it's just what we are "owed".  I believe this can be the next wave of crypto trends and I hope to see others follow in the same path. We need to eliminate the disease of big banks we have now that are taking our money! What are your thoughts on EQI and the current banking system? Are we nearing a solution to this epidemic?

All the while I thought crypto startups would try to deviate from traditional financial institutions and models, but here we are getting another product of greedy capitalism. With this so-called innovative crypto bank, we're just adding another currency and some services that already exist in a single institution--not much innovation there IMO. In signing up with their services, it's as if you're giving your money to a bank albeit a less reputable one. It's better to just use traditional banking services for storage of money and exchanges for trading rather than risking it both in a single service that has a huge risk of being hacked.

I hope there are quite a few of extra zeros in that table or it's some sort of Aprils Fools Halloween joke !

Ahh nope, maybe not. Traditional wire transfer fees start @ $25 from where I am and this one is too absurd to even happen.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
October 30, 2018, 10:21:57 AM

Lol yeah what are the tokens for if they already keep your cash and crypto for you? It makes much more sense to use those for whatever you might need. The memberships also feel like they just want you to buy tokens.

But yeah, the concept might be intriguing, but I can take care of my crypto myself so I probably won't be in the market for this kind of banking anytime soon. I can see this being quite polarizing.
Activity: 210
Merit: 40
October 30, 2018, 10:21:12 AM
The time will tell if this will be successful project or not. It's good thing that such bank has appeared but the fees are horrible. With some competition that might appear in the future hope this will change too. And let's see how users will accept this new concept.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
October 30, 2018, 09:56:58 AM
do not forget to mention BOA Grin

I think this is a good innovation for expansion in financial transactions regarding security must be better than the manual bank and the guarantee for customers.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
October 30, 2018, 07:55:01 AM
BTCANKING ON BTCITCOIN

"EQIBank acquired its banking license in September 2018 to become the world’s first licensed and regulated bank to provide customers with a single banking relationship for their entire national currency, crypto and digital asset ecosystems. Instead of having to form multiple relationships with separate financial institutions, customers can access a comprehensive suite of services including clearing and settlement, trading, custody, lending, and banking." Pulled from https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/eqibank-the-first-licensed-bank-for-crypto-national-currencies/

As I look around and try to find the next biggest trend in crypto, I came across a company called EQI. I've been in the space for roughly 4 years and have seen it start from ICO's to Airdrops, Exchanges, and now Oracles and crypto-banking. I've looked over this project for some time and they seem to have their s%$! together as far as compliance, team, and vision.

Being in America, I think this would suit those best as we have to deal with these centralized giants like Wells Fargo, Chase, Suntrust, etc taking our funds and the fact we don't even own the money that we think we do- it's just what we are "owed".  I believe this can be the next wave of crypto trends and I hope to see others follow in the same path. We need to eliminate the disease of big banks we have now that are taking our money! What are your thoughts on EQI and the current banking system? Are we nearing a solution to this epidemic?

Good. Not far from now everyone will be aware of crypto and would try to adapt it themselves. But I know that someday those people will try to create a coin for themselves and sell it to the customers for assurance.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
October 30, 2018, 06:55:18 AM

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
October 30, 2018, 06:23:08 AM
wow, I'm more interested in this Eqibank project, this project offers banking, exchange, borrowing, custody, and wallet
Activity: 215
Merit: 7
Cobain of Crypto
October 30, 2018, 06:04:33 AM
BTCANKING ON BTCITCOIN

"EQIBank acquired its banking license in September 2018 to become the world’s first licensed and regulated bank to provide customers with a single banking relationship for their entire national currency, crypto and digital asset ecosystems. Instead of having to form multiple relationships with separate financial institutions, customers can access a comprehensive suite of services including clearing and settlement, trading, custody, lending, and banking." Pulled from https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/eqibank-the-first-licensed-bank-for-crypto-national-currencies/

As I look around and try to find the next biggest trend in crypto, I came across a company called EQI. I've been in the space for roughly 4 years and have seen it start from ICO's to Airdrops, Exchanges, and now Oracles and crypto-banking. I've looked over this project for some time and they seem to have their s%$! together as far as compliance, team, and vision.

Pages:
Jump to: