Pages:
Author

Topic: [FIX] Issue antminer l3+ (boards not recognized, bad fw flash , etc) - page 2. (Read 25235 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi all,

Board 1,2,4 works perfect, Board 3 comes up and after few sec. the MH/s(RT) are 0.

Can using this FIX ?

Thanks
Marcus
Activity: 13
I have a D3 with the same problem - one of the boards show "0 ASICs" in the kernel log.

Any chance that someone (blissz?) could create a firmware fix for the D3 as well?  I have neither the skills nor the tools to grab the PIC from one of the working boards and flashing it to the bricked one.

Activity: 348
Merit: 119
Hi there

I  have the Dec 2017 batch L+ ,l the ones i've checked so far have the PIC16F1704 chip, but i believe there is also a batch with PIC16F1705 chips , however i have the hex for both

I know don't why you would need kernel logs i just pulled the bricked hashing board out , connected it to the pickit3 tag and re-programmed it, popped it back in , and it worked , ive had no issues since ...

had a tutorial how to flash manually could be very nice from you for next people ...
Activity: 270
Merit: 100
Actually it does not matter which hex file you use, you can write the same to both types of chip
Activity: 2
Hi there

I  have the Dec 2017 batch L+ ,l the ones i've checked so far have the PIC16F1704 chip, but i believe there is also a batch with PIC16F1705 chips , however i have the hex for both

I know don't why you would need kernel logs i just pulled the bricked hashing board out , connected it to the pickit3 tag and re-programmed it, popped it back in , and it worked , ive had no issues since ...

Hi All ,

I had the same problem , i erroneously flashed one of my antminer L+ miners with the wrong firmware ,  i dont know it was late , im sure i clicked on a link which was meant for a L3+ and not a D....however , i did flash it , and it was truly buggered
... tried reflashing original firmware, no good ,
tried  the other firmware flash from this post, no good
tried a support ticket with bitmain .....lol

what did work was buying a pic programmer pulling the boards out and re-programming the the pic chips on the hash boards , one at time.. with the code from one of my working non flashed L+ miners ,  works perfectly now.

Lessons learned , dont flash your L+ antminers with 3rd party incorrect miner firmware meant for dash miners...

If anyone else is in the same predicament,anywhere north london, pm me , i do a program whilst you wait  , for 10 a board ..

what is your batch
whats are le kernel logs with this fix ?
Activity: 2
Hi All ,

I had the same problem , i erroneously flashed one of my antminer L+ miners with the wrong firmware ,  i dont know it was late , im sure i clicked on a link which was meant for a L3+ and not a D....however , i did flash it , and it was truly buggered
... tried reflashing original firmware, no good ,
tried  the other firmware flash from this post, no good
tried a support ticket with bitmain .....lol

what did work was buying a pic programmer pulling the boards out and re-programming the the pic chips on the hash boards , one at time.. with the code from one of my working non flashed L+ miners ,  works perfectly now.

Lessons learned , dont flash your L+ antminers with 3rd party incorrect miner firmware meant for dash miners...

If anyone else is in the same predicament,anywhere north london, pm me , i do a program whilst you wait  , for 10 a board ..

worked for me thanks

Witch one work for you... FixFW or with programming the pic manually?

The modded firmware and ruining one board at a time, then flashing official firmware and all 4 boards working.

BTW I had this problem by accidentally installing the Blissz D3 Mod on my L3+

Very happy for you friend
Activity: 34
worked for me thanks

The modded firmware and ruining one board at a time, then flashing official firmware and all 4 boards working.

BTW I had this problem by accidentally installing the Blissz D3 Mod on my L3+
Activity: 18
worked for me thanks

Activity: 34
worked for me thanks
Dear Friends,
i desolder programming and again solder the pic but without result. I am trying to load your fix firmware and with your firmware flashing the led green and nothing. When  I load the original bitmain firmware the green led flashing than stop and start flashing the red led and after that the red led light on. Any ideas?
Dear Friends,
I was connect my pickit3 to the hashboard as follow but I can not find programming software for pickit3 witch support PIC16F1704
Any ideas?
Yes I trying with FW method but without result. manual method is not problem for me I have pickit 3 and electronic knowledges but I need help and support...
Hello Friends,
I have the same problem - hashboard cannot be recognized from the Control IO Board. I read all posts here but can not understand where is this PIC and where is this EEPROM? On the hashboard I have 6 hole and I think that is for programming. Where can I get the pinout?
The hashboard is L3+ and the controller with firmware for L3+.
Please guys witch have experience with fixing of this problem on L3+ to write the procedure to resolve this problem.

Best Regards

hi, did you try the firmware method ? manually write pic is delicate
Hello Friends,
I have the same problem - hashboard cannot be recognized from the Control IO Board. I read all posts here but can not understand where is this PIC and where is this EEPROM? On the hashboard I have 6 hole and I think that is for programming. Where can I get the pinout?
The hashboard is L3+ and the controller with firmware for L3+.
Please guys witch have experience with fixing of this problem on L3+ to write the procedure to resolve this problem.

Best Regards
Activity: 29
I FIXED my board! Big thank!
Had hexa files on 1st post for people want to manually flash

thanks to martin_fryc for sharing it
This is very strange. After flashing with PICkit all 6 badly flashed boards were working perfectly, it has nothing to do with the controller AFAIK.
One thing to notice, there are 2 different types of PIC chips, one has more memory, might the issue be in this direction? They are mixed in even one L+3 device, so random,

seems some boards get logs like, and generaly flashing after a bit less than 5 minutes
Code:
Chain 0 PIC Version 0xcc

and other

Code:
Chain 0 PIC Version 0x0
this one seem cant be flashed with the FIX2
i think you didnt have the same error than people flash bad firmware ... this cant force flashing pics , or blissz fix have flash all your boards may be , i will try this firmware , but i m sure that wont change , but thanks for your try*
Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: