Author

Topic: Flat Earth - page 371. (Read 1095196 times)

Activity: 451
Merit: 269
November 21, 2017, 09:47:22 PM
"This man is about to launch himself in his homemade rocket to prove the Earth is flat"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/11/21/this-man-is-about-to-launch-himself-in-his-homemade-rocket-to-prove-the-earth-is-flat/?utm_term=.ad697dc60729

or

https://gizmodo.com/uh-this-flat-earthers-homemade-manned-rocket-launch-do-1820627193

Well, it's almost over folks...or this isn't going to go well....

I hope he remembers to take his glasses off, or all of this will be for nothing, lol.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 06:57:37 AM
It is waste of time and money to research about this concept
Yes, i agree with you, this is already clearly why we're keep talking about this concept.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
November 20, 2017, 02:13:12 PM
Are any of you flat earth nutters gonna explain why things fall to the ground (ie gravity), or are you just gonna keep changing the subject and shifting the burden of proof?

They say there is no gravity, instead something else that involving density and other things which is what gravity is really about. Flat earthers are trolls or plain idiots. Notbatman is clearly schyzo or has some kind of mental problems.
Activity: 102
Merit: 12
November 20, 2017, 01:51:12 PM
Who the hell believes in flat earth

I don't believe in the flat earth, because in my town there are a lot of hills, which are absolutely not flat. I can even see some mountains in the distance, even less flat.
 Grin BTW I'm joking, I have to mention it before a flatearther starts to argue on this
Activity: 421
Merit: 250
November 20, 2017, 01:33:29 PM
Military have control of Langley.!! Globalists no longer have intelligence.Lol...Great Times.!.  Grin al-cia-da
Perect Storm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KSOMA3QBU0

Activity: 18
November 20, 2017, 01:24:10 PM
It is waste of time and money to research about this concept
Activity: 20
November 20, 2017, 01:23:31 PM
Dont believe this.It is not true
Activity: 21
November 20, 2017, 01:23:01 PM
flat earth concept is trash
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
November 20, 2017, 01:22:39 PM
Become an astronut and know yourself
Activity: 19
November 20, 2017, 01:22:13 PM
Who the hell believes in flat earth
Activity: 228
Merit: 10
November 20, 2017, 01:00:04 PM
Well, isn't this right? They simply spout a bunch of stuff about things they know little about. But they don't really have a clear picture of anything that they talk about.
Activity: 266
November 20, 2017, 12:59:34 PM
Well, isn't this right? They simply spout a bunch of stuff about things they know little about. But they don't really have a clear picture of anything that they talk about.
Activity: 150
November 20, 2017, 12:59:07 PM
I still haven't seen anyone who can tell us if the flat earth extends without end in every direction, or if it has a limit in some direction. Also, what is outside the dome at earth level? Do you even have a working theory?
Activity: 187
November 20, 2017, 12:58:41 PM
Are any of you flat earth nutters gonna explain why things fall to the ground (ie gravity), or are you just gonna keep changing the subject and shifting the burden of proof?
Activity: 222
November 20, 2017, 12:58:05 PM
Find the beanstalk, climb it and see how the Earth looks from there
Activity: 231
November 20, 2017, 12:57:39 PM
Just walk around the earth if it's flat you'll fall off if spherical you should be good. Wink
Activity: 170
November 18, 2017, 09:51:16 AM
If the earth were flat, one could go to the edge and fall down. And since it is round, it can be circumvented and returned to the starting point.
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
November 15, 2017, 11:52:51 AM
To me  i research Newton theorized and it is now commonly taught that the Earth’s ocean tides are caused by gravitational lunar attraction. If the Moon is only 2,160 miles in diameter and the Earth 8,000 miles, however, using their own math and “law,” it follows that the Earth is 87 times more massive and therefore the larger object should attract the smaller to it, and not the other way around. If the Earth’s greater gravity is what keeps the Moon in orbit, it is impossible for the Moon’s lesser gravity to supersede the Earth’s gravity, especially at Earth’s sea-level, where its gravitational attraction would even further out-trump the Moon’s.

So you researched "Newton theorized" and now think you know more about something than 300 years of rigorous scientific testing. OK.

You're correct in stating that the Earth is bigger than the Moon, but that doesn't mean that the larger object just attracts the smaller object. Both bodies have influence on each other, and Newtonian physics perfectly predicts how the two objects interact. Although the gravitational pull of the Moon is smaller, it still exists.

The Moon's gravitational pull doesn't need to "supersede" the Earth's to have an effect on it, and therefore that is what we observe - a very slight attraction of the liquid water on Earth, that coincides with the position of the Earth and Moon.

In fact the concept of the Moon being responsible for tidal activity is reinforced when we study spring and neap tides, which change the tidal level depending on the position of the Sun. But I'm sure you already knew that, seeing as you're such an expert on Newtonian physics.

Please explain why spring and neap tides occur, without involving the gravitational pull of the Sun and Moon.
Activity: 14
November 15, 2017, 11:12:32 AM
Come on, just look at the skyline. Do you see anything behind it? Do you see very tall objects behind it (like mountains)? Why do you see only top half of the really tall objects? Think about it a little, and here's your answer.
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
November 15, 2017, 10:56:16 AM
Just a little half hour documentary about gamma ray bursts, fast radio bursts and gravitational waves, caused by neutron star collisions. And the scientists that detect them. Yes, if your flat Earth theory is correct these guys in the documentary are all in on the conspiracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnYPFMQNyL0

Really? Do you actually think that these guys are just making it up, and are in collusion with a worldwide group of fake astrophysicists?

If so they must be very good actors  Cheesy

It's a cool doc, worth watching whatever your opinion.
Jump to: