Pages:
Author

Topic: FOMO. Anybody else? - page 2. (Read 2089 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
October 23, 2015, 04:22:11 AM
yep i know the feeling

After you buy an altcoin on Poloniex:

After you buy a Bitcoin:

Activity: 144
Merit: 100
October 23, 2015, 03:43:01 AM
yep i know the feeling - you will also feel like "i knew it would increase and so why didn't i buy more when i had so much opportunity to do so"

instead i wasted money on x

and missed out on profit y

which i could have bought z with

the feeling only gets stronger as the value of z goes up as BTC increases

some people say that you should only put a small % of your net worth into BTC because of the high risk but i believe there will many people around which are early adopters but won't get to capitlise on being an early adopted as much as they could have if they were just willing to risk just a little more..  
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
October 23, 2015, 02:37:03 AM
I still get FOMO a little, but atleast I recognize it now. I don't get all messed up thinking of nothing else anymore Wink

Still, I have a buying plan, buying a little every month, and than it is always painful to see the price rise by 20 USD a couple of days before my buying day..
legendary
October 23, 2015, 02:34:25 AM
Was a lot of money sitting on the sideline making sure the bottom is fully in before they go back again.  It appears the bottom is now in, downtrend over, and we aren't going back due to halving.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
October 23, 2015, 02:28:40 AM
Yep...not like im new to btc or anything but WHY is it, every time the pot starts to bubble, I run off to count my piggy bank for "just a couple more"? Lol
I'm curious if anyone else (that has been around long enough to know better) still gets these vibes?
I've been content buying the dips AND the tops...little at a time. Today was the first day in forever that I checked price more than once in a day lol...usually a sign that I'm gonna panic buy and of course, watch price drop the second in do.
Pb2k

Same here lol. Been checking the price more than 10x a day just to be sure the the trend is going to where it should be. I do it often because I'm thinking when is the best time to exhange my coins to fiat. Cheesy
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
October 23, 2015, 02:25:20 AM
Yeah...but will YOU get that old familiar feeling of fomo?
I know better and I can't help the vibe...just kinda wondering if there's anyone else ,like i said "who has been around long enough to know better" that shares this level of NON discipline? Smiley
legendary
October 23, 2015, 02:18:53 AM
Will get at least 400 from halving and as soon as all the media starts to report on BTC price skyrocketing everybody and their mom will come buying again.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
October 23, 2015, 02:14:24 AM
Yep...not like im new to btc or anything but WHY is it, every time the pot starts to bubble, I run off to count my piggy bank for "just a couple more"? Lol
I'm curious if anyone else (that has been around long enough to know better) still gets these vibes?
I've been content buying the dips AND the tops...little at a time. Today was the first day in forever that I checked price more than once in a day lol...usually a sign that I'm gonna panic buy and of course, watch price drop the second in do.
Pb2k
Pages:
Jump to: