Pages:
Author

Topic: Forbes thinks Swarm.Fund can bring crypto into the mainstream - page 2. (Read 2034 times)

Activity: 142
Merit: 10
read it, it all sounded pretty reasonable to me. the project has a lot of potential and they are aware of that. nothing seems unrealistic about their goals to me
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
i didnt like this swarm fund ANN, they are promising too much
trying to convince you that you will buy a boat in few years
lol
just read it
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
Whoever at Forbes said that is probably smarter with crypto than I am, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think most likely this will not be the main factor in taking crypto mainstream. It might be a Superbowl ad or something like that.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Maybe because Forbes also invested to that Swarm Fund, as much as i can remember they are the one also released the topic that says that bitcoin could be a bubble and why you should not invest on bitcoin and why you should not own one, this is extremely suspicious.

wait, so Forbes is actually invested in swarm? do you have any more info about this? seems like this would be huge news. why would they be secretive about it?
Maybe because Forbes also invested to that Swarm Fund, as much as i can remember they are the one also released the topic that says that bitcoin could be a bubble and why you should not invest on bitcoin and why you should not own one, this is extremely suspicious.

that seems like a whole lot of assumptions and wild speculation but if Forbes were actually financially backing Swarm Fund, all the more reason the project will be highly successful
Activity: 210
busy in real life, long post gap is understandable
i think the technology is outpacing the ability to regulate it

of course there will be attempts like what we are seeing now in china

but ultimately the speed of technological development will keep increasing exponentially

while the speed of governance remains more or less the same

Activity: 406
Merit: 114
This is the kind of stuff that is going to bring down the regulation hammer in the US.  As it stands now, to invest in real estate shares and/or invest directly into energy markets (like oil wells, solar, etc), it's largely a market reserved for accredited investors ... not the little guy.  Sadly, the more "mainstream" this goes, the more attention it's going to get, not just from regulators, but from special interest lobbies that see this as a threat or "disruptor" to their business models.  The good is news is we may all be millionaires in a few years, the bad news we may be getting shut out of future investments shortly.
Activity: 27
Forbes covering an ico is a huge deal. This project could be massive. Will be watching closely.
I just want to ask does gorbes statement had been accurate eversince?Im quite new to cryptocurrency and still confuse if this forbes is same forbes magazine I know. Well Ill just wait for the ICO to finish and see if the succeed.

its the same Forbes magazine that you are thinking of
Activity: 194
I just want to ask does gorbes statement had been accurate eversince?Im quite new to cryptocurrency and still confuse if this forbes is same forbes magazine I know. Well Ill just wait for the ICO to finish and see if the succeed.
Activity: 30
So i`ve checked the Swarm presale page aaaand: "Purchase Amount (minimum 50,000 $USD equivalent in ETH)"...  I mean, really? Fifty thousand dollars? They should`ve gone for the million straight away.

any idea why they set it so high? A $50k minimum is very rare in the crypto space.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
yes. I also saw that. I think they have a very bright future, because with that much money, they have proven that they can make a change in the future.
Activity: 235
Merit: 250
Just a paid article. Just pay a Forbes contributor and get published on Forbes.  Cheesy
today money rule the world. even a website like Forbes
Activity: 30
Getting true mainstream adoption on a crypto currency is extremely difficult. Bitcoin is the biggest success and even it hasn't reached mainstream adoption.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The article says this:

Swarm Fund, which is holding an initial coin offering (ICO) on September 7.  Founded by early adopters and practitioners in digital currency, Swarm -- a decentralized, community marketplace built on blockchain technology -- has the mission of helping the market enter the mainstream in at least three ways.

The first way: how Swarm will help small investors use digital tokens to invest in real-world assets that are largely inaccessible to them -- for example, real estate.

Two things: Swarm is just another ICO.

And it's not hard for people to invest in real estate - if you can't buy a house on your own, there are plenty of property based mutual funds you can invest small amounts into. What's more those mutual funds are regulated.

So no, I don't think this will "bring crypto into the mainstream". It's just another ICO with a weak proposition.
Activity: 98
Good it's getting press but agree that it is just a paid article.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
Wonder why the website refused opening on my mobile phone.op could you pls post the article title so I could search it on Google.
Activity: 126
HomeToken - Tokenized Real Estate Fund
Just a paid article. Just pay a Forbes contributor and get published on Forbes.  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: